Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Josh Freeman
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bucsfan4755

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Josh Freeman Reply with quote

Since it’s a little slow now a days, just wanted to bring this topic out and see your views on it:

Everyone can agree that Glennon is good but not great, and we need someone to come in and compete with him for the starting job. I say why not bring back Freeman? Before you guys start bashing on me just hear me out...

Freeman, in my eyes, career went downhill when Schiano was hired. From the start you can see there was tension between the 2. Reports were saying that Schiano wanted a "fiery guy" who would "get into your face". Freeman is not that guy; he is laid back and lets his play do the talking. Was he perfect? Hell no. Was he inaccurate sometimes? Absolutely. But Freeman had that it factor when it came down to crunch time, when we needed a play, he was there to deliver. He was known as times as "Mr. Comeback" something we all know Glennon cannot do because he just doesn't have the skills that Freeman has.

Now to this past season, the offense started terrible and the defense was doing great. When the offense was doing bad, we all blamed Freeman. Glennon comes in, gives us a little spark and we win 4 games, YEH (I am being sarcastic). The truth of the matter is we still finished with the worst offense in the league. I can say from seeing all 16 games that the O-line was extremely overrated, we had no WR's besides Williams and Jackson (before Tim Wright was found) and our running game was nonexistent (Doug Martin was having a bad year, no one said anything about that). Our offensive coaches were terrible, rather than play chess with the defense and make them guess, we were playing checkers and the defense already knew what was coming. It was a nightmare to watch this offense this year.

He then signs with the Vikings and gets 1 start, ONLY 1! And that was with only 2 weeks of knowing the offense and players, no QB will do good or great with that amount of time of preparation (and lack of talent besides Adrian Peterson). He got hooked and never saw the field again. And really, is he worse than noodle arm Ponder and journeyman Cassel? Hell no, just got a bad rep.

This brings me to this, Lovie and Tedford both said we need an “athlete” to come in at QB and a “veteran”. Freeman is both as he can run and make plays happen and already has a ton of experience. We finally have a player’s coach that won't get on his back because he isn't "firing the guys up". I know Freeman started to show he wasn't interested because Schiano had no trust in him. I believe in 2nd chances, if Michael Vick and Donte Stallworth can get a 2nd chance in the NFL, than why can't Freeman?

BTW: Can anyone help me with a cool sig; want 1 of John Lynch and Derrick Brooks together. Thanks in Advance. Very Happy
RB4TampaBay

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Josh Freeman Reply with quote

Bucsfan4755 wrote:
Since it’s a little slow now a days, just wanted to bring this topic out and see your views on it:

Everyone can agree that Glennon is good but not great, and we need someone to come in and compete with him for the starting job. I say why not bring back Freeman? Before you guys start bashing on me just hear me out...

Freeman, in my eyes, career went downhill when Schiano was hired. From the start you can see there was tension between the 2. Reports were saying that Schiano wanted a "fiery guy" who would "get into your face". Freeman is not that guy; he is laid back and lets his play do the talking. Was he perfect? Hell no. Was he inaccurate sometimes? Absolutely. But Freeman had that it factor when it came down to crunch time, when we needed a play, he was there to deliver. He was known as times as "Mr. Comeback" something we all know Glennon cannot do because he just doesn't have the skills that Freeman has.

Now to this past season, the offense started terrible and the defense was doing great. When the offense was doing bad, we all blamed Freeman. Glennon comes in, gives us a little spark and we win 4 games, YEH (I am being sarcastic). The truth of the matter is we still finished with the worst offense in the league. I can say from seeing all 16 games that the O-line was extremely overrated, we had no WR's besides Williams and Jackson (before Tim Wright was found) and our running game was nonexistent (Doug Martin was having a bad year, no one said anything about that). Our offensive coaches were terrible, rather than play chess with the defense and make them guess, we were playing checkers and the defense already knew what was coming. It was a nightmare to watch this offense this year.

He then signs with the Vikings and gets 1 start, ONLY 1! And that was with only 2 weeks of knowing the offense and players, no QB will do good or great with that amount of time of preparation (and lack of talent besides Adrian Peterson). He got hooked and never saw the field again. And really, is he worse than noodle arm Ponder and journeyman Cassel? Hell no, just got a bad rep.

This brings me to this, Lovie and Tedford both said we need an “athlete” to come in at QB and a “veteran”. Freeman is both as he can run and make plays happen and already has a ton of experience. We finally have a player’s coach that won't get on his back because he isn't "firing the guys up". I know Freeman started to show he wasn't interested because Schiano had no trust in him. I believe in 2nd chances, if Michael Vick and Donte Stallworth can get a 2nd chance in the NFL, than why can't Freeman?

BTW: Can anyone help me with a cool sig; want 1 of John Lynch and Derrick Brooks together. Thanks in Advance. Very Happy

What???? How many empty seats do the owners want to see at Ray Jay next season??? How much heat would be put on this team if they brought Josh back (I'm guessing that he would refuse to come back anyway), remember the "Fire Schiano" billboards that went up last year? How does this team try to justify his 5 years of sub par performance? Just wondering, are you smoking something, or maybe been snorting some funny stuff? Shocked

I would not want to bet the farm on whether we bring Freeman back or not, it's just not happening.......garrrr-own-teed!!!!! Very Happy
Bucsfan4755

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Josh Freeman Reply with quote

RB4TampaBay wrote:
Bucsfan4755 wrote:

What???? How many empty seats do the owners want to see at Ray Jay next season??? How much heat would be put on this team if they brought Josh back (I'm guessing that he would refuse to come back anyway), remember the "Fire Schiano" billboards that went up last year? How does this team try to justify his 5 years of sub par performance? Just wondering, are you smoking something, or maybe been snorting some funny stuff? Shocked

I would not want to bet the farm on whether we bring Freeman back or not, it's just not happening.......garrrr-own-teed!!!!! Very Happy

The "Fire Schiano" billboards have nothing to do with Freeman, has to do of how lousy of a coach he was. Raheem did better coaching with less talent.

Freeman had sub par seasons?
GP CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD LNG INT FUM QBR RAT
2010 10 158 290 54.5 1,855 6.40 10 42 18 6 26.7 59.8
2011 16 291 474 61.4 3,451 7.28 25 64 6 5 66.1 95.9
2012 15 346 551 62.8 3,592 6.52 16 65 22 5 44.0 74.6
2013 16 306 558 54.8 4,065 7.29 27 95 17 8 53.0 81.6

Besides his rookie seaosn and 2012, Freeman had 2 very good seasons. He threw for over 4,000 yards last season with Williams and Jackson as his only 2 liable WR's.

What im trying to get at is why can't we give the man another chance? He would be better than any free agent QB in the market, cheaper given the situation he had this year and have something to prove. If we get him a legit TE and slot WR and fix our O-line, I can see Freeman doing great things.

Now let the bashing begin Smile
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look it's not as crazy an idea as you would think, but it would never happen.

He's a cheap free agent for a reason. He simply cannot scan the field and make quick decisions..he decides who he is going to throw to pre snap and just does it no matter what the defense does. Simply put, he will never be a good NFL quarterback.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yuck, no thanks!

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speak to the hand d'oh! Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 13 Catches 134 Yards 2 TDs
Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
Falcons set this game to Rookie and the Bucs are being controlled by Hellen Keller.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't word come out about teammates unhappy with Freeman's work ethic ? That he slacked off once he became 3rd string. I thought there was disconnect between Frazier and the gm. Frazier didn't want freeman.

If josh cleans up his act. Cool. But if he gets a fresh start it's not in Tampa.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if this happened I wouldn't do anything as crazy as quitting my Buccaneers fandom, but it would get pretty close.

Freeman took my hopes and smashed them with his general immaturity on and off the field. Freeman has me jaded, and is the main reason I am very, very skeptical of Mike Glennon right now, and will forever be skeptical of a one year wonder.
Bucsfan4755

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't word come out about teammates unhappy with Freeman's work ethic ? That he slacked off once he became 3rd string. I thought there was disconnect between Frazier and the gm. Frazier didn't want freeman.

If josh cleans up his act. Cool. But if he gets a fresh start it's not in Tampa.

According to ESPN:
http://espn.go.com/blog/tampa-bay-buccaneers/post/_/id/2943/frazier-vikings-situation-unfair-for-freeman

“He worked as hard as he could every week to prepare and be ready to go,’’ Frazier said. “He was a pro in every sense of the word. But we made a decision to try to figure out where Christian Ponder was and also take a look at Matt Cassel because we were trying to determine and get some answers regarding our quarterback position. Josh got caught up in the shuffle. It probably wasn’t a fair situation for him. It made it difficult for him. It made it difficult for all of us when you’re trying to evaluate quarterbacks in an NFL season. That’s not a wise thing. Nothing to do with Josh. He prepared and worked as hard as he could to get on the field. It just didn’t work out.’’

Freeman became a distraction BECAUSE OF SCHIANO. It was all Schiano's fault, he did not like Freeman. When the head coach and the most imporant player on the team are not seeing eye to eye, something is terribly wrong. He even chose Glennon in the draft to replace Freeman even after he threw for over 4,000 yards and took the team to 7-9 record with the worst pass defense in the NFL (its a pass happy league). Now that Schiano is out, a lot of players said he was too hard on them and made the players fit the system, not the other way around.

I ask this: With Lovie at the helm and having knowledge from Frazier, why not take a chance on Freeman?
RoeKG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucsfan4755 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

According to ESPN:
http://espn.go.com/blog/tampa-bay-buccaneers/post/_/id/2943/frazier-vikings-situation-unfair-for-freeman

“He worked as hard as he could every week to prepare and be ready to go,’’ Frazier said. “He was a pro in every sense of the word. But we made a decision to try to figure out where Christian Ponder was and also take a look at Matt Cassel because we were trying to determine and get some answers regarding our quarterback position. Josh got caught up in the shuffle. It probably wasn’t a fair situation for him. It made it difficult for him. It made it difficult for all of us when you’re trying to evaluate quarterbacks in an NFL season. That’s not a wise thing. Nothing to do with Josh. He prepared and worked as hard as he could to get on the field. It just didn’t work out.’’

Freeman became a distraction BECAUSE OF SCHIANO. It was all Schiano's fault, he did not like Freeman. When the head coach and the most imporant player on the team are not seeing eye to eye, something is terribly wrong. He even chose Glennon in the draft to replace Freeman even after he threw for over 4,000 yards and took the team to 7-9 record with the worst pass defense in the NFL (its a pass happy league). Now that Schiano is out, a lot of players said he was too hard on them and made the players fit the system, not the other way around.

I ask this: With Lovie at the helm and having knowledge from Frazier, why not take a chance on Freeman?

It could be having Frazier that keeps us from ever sniffing near Freeman again.

I'm sure you're not completely unfamiliar with the idea although you're newer around here (welcome aboard! SCURRRRVY, MATEY!), but this is classic Coachspeak. The coach says he was just the greatest and everything is going to be OK, although Frazier obviously had no plan at QB in Minnesota, Freeman was rushed into the starting lineup, and the Vikings players said he was horrible, after reports from here said he was horrible.

I would side with you if Freeman was found guilty of some terrible crime and then demonized by the media, but reports are everywhere that he was a bum, even before he was drafted.

Don't be Jedi-mind-tricked by the 2010 season!
Bucsfan4755

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
Bucsfan4755 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

According to ESPN:

It could be having Frazier that keeps us from ever sniffing near Freeman again.

I'm sure you're not completely unfamiliar with the idea although you're newer around here (welcome aboard! SCURRRRVY, MATEY!), but this is classic Coachspeak. The coach says he was just the greatest and everything is going to be OK, although Frazier obviously had no plan at QB in Minnesota, Freeman was rushed into the starting lineup, and the Vikings players said he was horrible, after reports from here said he was horrible.

I would side with you if Freeman was found guilty of some terrible crime and then demonized by the media, but reports are everywhere that he was a bum, even before he was drafted.

Don't be Jedi-mind-tricked by the 2010 season!

ARRRGGGGHHHH! THANK YOU!

Im always browsing the site, only thing that keeps me sane until football season starts again lol.

I just saw Freeman as a winner. He did all he could with what he had. Maybe you're right about being unmotivated and being lazy but so was Mcnabb and he was a great QB until he hit his 30's.

I love Glennon, thought he did a heck of a job. But the truth of the matter is, he gets worse as the game goes along unlike Freeman who gets better when its crunch time.

Just think with a player's head coach like Lovie and the new offensive system we will have with Tedford, Freeman might finally break out and be the starting QB we all thought he would be.

But maybe that's just wishful thinking Rolling Eyes
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should bring him back just for the 4th quarter. Let Glennon manage the game the first three, then when he starts to have his meltdown, bring in Freeman for some crunch time magic. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I backed Freeman until the end, but this ship has sailed...

I think that Schiano was awful for Freeman and his development, but I can't blame Freeman's implosion on Schiano.

Freeman did a really nice job of putting his best foot forward in front of the media, but I honestly believe that it was a facade. Rumblings about a serious drug problem, missing several team meetings, the team photo and almost missing the team bus to the Jets game...that's not on Schiano. It's a pattern of immaturity, and you can't have that from your franchise QB.

Freeman and Schiano were awful for each other, but they are to blame for their individual failures. I wish it didn't play out like this.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Bucsfan4755

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:

I think that Schiano was awful for Freeman and his development, but I can't blame Freeman's implosion on Schiano.

Freeman did a really nice job of putting his best foot forward in front of the media, but I honestly believe that it was a facade. Rumblings about a serious drug problem, missing several team meetings, the team photo and almost missing the team bus to the Jets game...that's not on Schiano. It's a pattern of immaturity, and you can't have that from your franchise QB.

Freeman and Schiano were awful for each other, but they are to blame for their individual failures. I wish it didn't play out like this.

You're right about everything; it is Freeman's fault for taking drugs. Missing team meetings and even missing the team photo (that was absurd). But to me Schaino caused all this to happen, rather than embrace Freeman he did everything he could to get him out of here. The only reason Freeman was still starting was because of the owners and Mark Dominick. He loved Mike Glennon over Freeman.

A lot of players go through distraction at age 24-26, its how they respond after it happens. I just hope he gets his act right and resurrects his career. Just think it would be awesome if he came back and showed Schiano he made a huge mistake.

People can't forget, Freeman won us games. He was the 1st QB in forever that made our players betetr and was clutch when we needed it. I will never forget the Panthers game in Carolina last year when he brought us back with the beautiful throw to V-Jack and then in overtime the great throw to Dallas Clark to win the game.

I just want a QB like that, I don't want a game manager, I want a game changer, and that's who he was. It was Schianos fault for making him a game manager and making him lose confidence in himself.

Idk if you guys noticed, Evil or Very Mad BUT I HATED SCHIANO! Evil or Very Mad Worst head coach in Bucs history. He just got the GM fired for the Browns for interviewing him lol. I’m glad he's gone and history.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucsfan4755 wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

You're right about everything; it is Freeman's fault for taking drugs. Missing team meetings and even missing the team photo (that was absurd). But to me Schaino caused all this to happen, rather than embrace Freeman he did everything he could to get him out of here. The only reason Freeman was still starting was because of the owners and Mark Dominick. He loved Mike Glennon over Freeman.

A lot of players go through distraction at age 24-26, its how they respond after it happens. I just hope he gets his act right and resurrects his career. Just think it would be awesome if he came back and showed Schiano he made a huge mistake.

People can't forget, Freeman won us games. He was the 1st QB in forever that made our players betetr and was clutch when we needed it. I will never forget the Panthers game in Carolina last year when he brought us back with the beautiful throw to V-Jack and then in overtime the great throw to Dallas Clark to win the game.

I just want a QB like that, I don't want a game manager, I want a game changer, and that's who he was. It was Schianos fault for making him a game manager and making him lose confidence in himself.

Idk if you guys noticed, Evil or Very Mad BUT I HATED SCHIANO! Evil or Very Mad Worst head coach in Bucs history. He just got the GM fired for the Browns for interviewing him lol. I’m glad he's gone and history.

Schiano and Dom had to go, but Freeman is the only culprit on how his career is at this point. The Vikings wanted him badly to succeed and he blew that chance also. He blew the chance at a very lucrative contract extension by his own actions, his head coach did not sabotage him.

I hope Josh can turn his life around and resume his career, but there is zero chance he is returning to the Bucs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: