Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Holeman1's FINAL mock draft for cards (includes Trades)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you be happy with the cards if they drafted this lineup?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

apollo14000

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:
No Zach, no Zach, he couldn't hit water if he fell put out a boat in 2012 and in 2013 was marginally better, why do we want him, acl injury and all

Give me Ponder from minny or even Sanchez, even with their warts and pimples they are so much better

Like first two picks and round 4, last two are ok I guess, where is the guard?

Guard is not really a spot on the roster that lacks for depth. Even if we cut Colledge we can still bring back Mike Gibson on the cheap and roll with Cooper, Watford, Fanaiaka and Gibson at guard.

I don't think guard is a high priority either. I'd roll with Watford and Fanaika and hope Watford gets it. I'd take a center though, maybe not to surpass Lyle this year but in 2015 I think Lyle will get cut if we can find a good one.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the guards that will be there at 20 and 52, great value
mtdowner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:

Xavier Su'a Filo would fit in very nicely at RG giving us a beastly combo inside. He's probably better than anyone we got at OT too. Could end up being a 1st round pick when all said and done.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:

I agree there are some exceptions. At 20? I'd be against any guard in this draft. At #52? Gabe Jackson would be hard to pass up if he falls that far (ala Larry Warford).
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are other needs to worry about, so guard really isnt necessary. I like the idea of cutting Dockett and drafting Hagemen. Hagemen has loads of potential

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like Hageman, but also think DD has another 2 years in him and he isnt that overly paid

The scheme we run with Bowles makes him a more effective player, had we stuck with Horton, i would be leading the bye bye DD chants.

Jackson wont last to 52, on my board 20 is spot for OG, the top 3 are all around that position for me, then the next few around 50.
holeman1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: mock draft 2.0 Reply with quote

I updated my draft picks for the cardinals and made major changes for rounds 3-6
mtdowner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the old draft better. But you might be higher on Jimmy G than me.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are we trading up for a QB? You already had Zach there before in the 3rd

Old draft was better, we had an extra body to help in 2014 with that 4th round pick.
Plucky

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is possibly the worst draft I've ever saw. No OT/Oline, a project of a qb, a OLB who doesn't fit this scheme, gave away our 4th round, A 1st round pick with little impact, and 2 nobodies that probably won't even make the team.

Definite Needs
OT, #2CB, Rush OLB, S, TE

Moderate
Guard depth, DT/NT, DE, Speed WR

Luxury
Maybe a project QB (but I don't think so), ILB (if dansby leaves),
mtdowner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plucky wrote:
This is possibly the worst draft I've ever saw. No OT/Oline, a project of a qb, a OLB who doesn't fit this scheme, gave away our 4th round, A 1st round pick with little impact, and 2 nobodies that probably won't even make the team.

Definite Needs
OT, #2CB, Rush OLB, S, TE

Moderate
Guard depth, DT/NT, DE, Speed WR

Luxury
Maybe a project QB (but I don't think so), ILB (if dansby leaves),

I think Murphy would play pretty well on our defense. Just don't ask him to drop back in coverage.

Terrance West is a decent RB prospect. After Mendenhall departs we will need to add at least 1 RB to our roster. Terrance West doesn't do anything exceptional but he is a nice runner who can catch the ball well.

I like Zimmerman too. He makes some nice plays on the ball and for the most part does a nice job coming up in run support. Could definitely be a good ST player.

But Plucky is right about the LT position. Unless we address in FA we are probably going to need to add some sort of depth at LT in the very least through the draft.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
Terrance West is a decent RB prospect. After Mendenhall departs we will need to add at least 1 RB to our roster. Terrance West doesn't do anything exceptional but he is a nice runner who can catch the ball well.

I wouldn't say we have to. We still are guaranteed to have two guys and possibly four on the roster depending on what the FO wants to do with Ryan Williams and Alfonso Smith.

I think the Williams situation is going to be an interesting development as we go on this season. We are going to see how a guy like Keim really feels about Ryan (He is reportedly Ryan's biggest fan in the building) and how someone like BA really feels about Ryan (We all assume that he hates him because he never even made him active in 2013)

Also I would expect us to go after a more veteran runner if we do add one moreso than adding a rookie.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
mtdowner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
mtdowner wrote:

I wouldn't say we have to. We still are guaranteed to have two guys and possibly four on the roster depending on what the FO wants to do with Ryan Williams and Alfonso Smith.

I think the Williams situation is going to be an interesting development as we go on this season. We are going to see how a guy like Keim really feels about Ryan (He is reportedly Ryan's biggest fan in the building) and how someone like BA really feels about Ryan (We all assume that he hates him because he never even made him active in 2013)

Also I would expect us to go after a more veteran runner if we do add one moreso than adding a rookie.

Well maybe that means he will get a chance this offseason to make the roster and actually get some playtime during the season. I'm sure if Keim didn't like Williams there would have been no reason to keep him on the roster last season.

Maybe a year off will give Williams some confidence in his body knowing he is 100% healed.

It's been a shame how his career has panned out so far. He was a very talented runner.

But if Williams is cut I think it's pretty clear we will need to add a RB.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plenty of them in the mid rounds, like a rb convention
apollo14000

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: my mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals 4.0 (with FA's) Reply with quote

holeman1 wrote:
1st round: Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan

2nd round: Kyle Van Noy, OLB/DE, BYU

First two picks are very solid. I think Lewan can be an above average starting RT/LT for a long time. KVN I expect will have a solid career as well. I don't think either will ever be stars but they both should be able to contribute immediately which our FO expects out of our top picks.

Quote:
3rd round: Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Eastern Illinois

Another solid pick. I'm not in love with him as a prospect but in the 3rd round it's a good pick. Anything sooner and it's a reach.

Quote:
4th round: Ty Zimmerman, S, Kansas State

5th round: Crockett Gilmore, TE, Colorado State

6th round: Chaz Sutton, DE, South Carolina

The Gilmore pick is the best Day 3 pick. Zimmerman is a bit of a reach in the 4th round. He won't be selected that early. He just doesn't have the same athleticism/upside as many other safety prospects in this class. He's a 6th-7th round player.

Quote:
SIGNINGS -

Rodger Saffold, OT/G, Rams - he has been injured a lot but has shown to be a good protector, we would want to sign him due to his versatility and value (3M for 2 years)

Scott Chandler, TE, Bills - he has good size and good hands and has performed well with the bills, he will be a bit costly but he will add experience to our TE core (6M for 2 years)

Both good signings. Honestly this whole offseason is pretty solid. Nothing spectacular but overall pretty good and realistic. I'd be happy if it went down like this assuming Dansby and some of our other guys are resigned as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: