Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Holeman1's FINAL mock draft for cards (includes Trades)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you be happy with the cards if they drafted this lineup?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

holeman1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:28 am    Post subject: Holeman1's FINAL mock draft for cards (includes Trades) Reply with quote

I included trades, fixed formatting, and shortened up player explanations, tell me what you think and if you have any concerns, PM me.

TRADES:
- We Trade #20 to Denver for their 1st, 3rd, and 5th round picks
(we make this trade so that Denver can secure Ryan Shazier which they have heavy interest in)

- We Trade Rob Housler to NY Giants for their 4th round pick
(they get their weapon for Eli, in extange we get a 4th round pick which we pass on to get someone better)

- We Trade our 4th round pick (from NYG) to the Tampa Bay Bucs for mike Glennon
(Glennon is not a fit in Tampa, in my mock I have them taking Teddy at #7, and with that they can trade away Glennon as they have a temporary starter in McCown and the QB of the future in Teddy)

DRAFT:

1st round: Joe Bitano, C/G/T, Nevada
we reach here a bit for one of the most versatile guys in the draft, plug him and play him, Bitano would be able to find a role on the right side.

2nd round: Troy Niklas, TE, Notre Dame:
we take the replacement for Housler here, Niklas is a very versatile TE that blocks as good as he catches, I think he is a sleeper that will blow up in the NFL.

3rd round: C.J. Fiedowitz, TE, Iowa:
bold prediction: we take our second TE in the third, this time its with Fied. with Fied, Niklas, Carlson, and Ballard all fighting for starting rights I think we will have at least two studs emerge.

3rd round (from Broncos): Ahmad Dixon, S, Baylor
im sorry for the boring pick... I think you guys already know by know while im on his bandwagon so im not going to explain this one.

4th round: Bruce Ellington, WR, South Carolina
small, fast, but as tough as nails. this guy already has connections on this team through his younger brother Andre, but not only will this unite family but it fills a need. once Roberts left, we cant fully expect a injury-prone kick returner to fufill the entire roll, that's where this guy comes in.

5th round: Lamin Barrow, ILB, LSU:
this situation will flash back memories, he will probably be playing alongside his old Collage partner, Minter. Barrow has nice athleticicim and coverage skills and could compete to start while D-Wash serves his sentence early in the season.

5th round (From Broncos): Brent Urban, DT, Virginia:
this guy is 6'7".... do I need to explain further? ok, I do, this guy is a big and once he develops better strength and power to transition from a 4-3 DE to a 3-4 DE, I can see him making a power tandem with Campbell.

6th round: Antonio Andrews, RB, Western Kentucky:
wild-card pick, this guy is by far one of the strangest RB's you will ever see. on one drive he can scamper 50 yards for a TD on a beast-mode run, then would go for about 20 yards for the rest of the game. once he develops consistency then he can become a very good 3rd RB once Dwyer leaves.

Last edited by holeman1 on Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:58 pm; edited 93 times in total
mtdowner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great first 4 rounds. Not familiar with the guys from the 5th and 6th rd but adding depth at those 2 positions is great. Love Murphy in the 2nd.

You're probably gonna get some negative reviews for the Mett pick. But don't listen to them Wink
TheMachONE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mettenberger ruins everything and I've already told you how I feel about Hageman.

[quote="Childish Gambino"]Funny the day you born that's really your death sentence[/quote]
mtdowner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMachONE wrote:
Mettenberger ruins everything and I've already told you how I feel about Hageman.

What's your beef with Hageman? He's got all-pro talent at the 5 tech.
TheMachONE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
TheMachONE wrote:

Don't see a need for DT. Don't get me wrong, he's great at stopping the run. Best in the draft at doing that. But considering we were #2 overall in the league for rushing yards allowed, how much of an impact would he have for us? holeman already told me he can line up at DE (so we could replace Dockett) but really that would just make him lesser of a difference maker. He's not the speedy edge rusher we need. I don't think he could really get after the QB without some help. Kinda similar to Campbell. Excellent player but needs some help from a speed rusher coming off the edge so that he can get to the QB constantly. I guess if he's BPA and we take him, who am I to argue with the great Steve Keim but I don't think it makes us much better as a team.

[quote="Childish Gambino"]Funny the day you born that's really your death sentence[/quote]
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like Mett all that much, but it is very possible that the team does.

Overall it would raise a few eyebrows in the media/casual fan base with the fact don't add a single offensive starter in the draft, but I do like the talent that has been added to the roster. This draft paired with a free agent left tackle would be awesome.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
TheMachONE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:

Overall it would raise a few eyebrows in the media/casual fan base with the fact don't add a single offensive starter in the draft, but I do like the talent that has been added to the roster. This draft paired with a free agent left tackle would be awesome.

These words are like nails on a chalkboard. The nightmares I would have if we drafted him.... Laughing

apollo14000

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:

Talent wise yes but Arians is real big on character, especially with the QB position. From the games I watched off Mett, he seems a bit immature on the sidelines and he has a history of off the field problems.

I could see Keim taking a guy like Jeff Matthews in the later rounds.
mtdowner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMachONE wrote:
mtdowner wrote:
TheMachONE wrote:

Don't see a need for DT. Don't get me wrong, he's great at stopping the run. Best in the draft at doing that. But considering we were #2 overall in the league for rushing yards allowed, how much of an impact would he have for us? holeman already told me he can line up at DE (so we could replace Dockett) but really that would just make him lesser of a difference maker. He's not the speedy edge rusher we need. I don't think he could really get after the QB without some help. Kinda similar to Campbell. Excellent player but needs some help from a speed rusher coming off the edge so that he can get to the QB constantly. I guess if he's BPA and we take him, who am I to argue with the great Steve Keim but I don't think it makes us much better as a team.

Hageman is so strong and explosive that he can consistently get in the backfield and disrupt pass and run plays. He's got the length and strength to hold up OT's and control both gaps in the run game. He's honestly the complete package at the 5 tech and may be better there than inside because of his height and how tall he plays. He just needs some coaching and motivation.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hageman is Calais Campbell expect he spent his career inside in college rather than at DE like Campbell.

He also did not have the disappointing final season in college like Campbell which led to Calais slipping in the draft.

Hageman is a guy who immediately replaces what Dockett bought to us 6-7 years ago, and brings that for a long while.

Why does Campbell need a speed rusher outside him to succeed? He doesn't if anything the ability of Campbell at the 5 tech to occupy and defeat tackles or guards as well as split double teams makes the job of our outside pass rushers that much easier.

apollo14000

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering since they both seem to have some issues with effort...

Would you rather have Hageman in the 1st or Tuitt in the 2nd?
holeman1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:49 am    Post subject: Tuitt vs. hageman Reply with quote

^Tuitt wont be available to us in the second, many teams would want him and he might even be drafted before Hageman if he impresses at the combine

(I cant quote him for whatever reason)
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
Just wondering since they both seem to have some issues with effort...

Would you rather have Hageman in the 1st or Tuitt in the 2nd?

Tuitt isn't getting to our 2nd round pick. But at this stage probably Hageman.

DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Zach, no Zach, he couldn't hit water if he fell put out a boat in 2012 and in 2013 was marginally better, why do we want him, acl injury and all

Give me Ponder from minny or even Sanchez, even with their warts and pimples they are so much better

Like first two picks and round 4, last two are ok I guess, where is the guard?

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
No Zach, no Zach, he couldn't hit water if he fell put out a boat in 2012 and in 2013 was marginally better, why do we want him, acl injury and all

Give me Ponder from minny or even Sanchez, even with their warts and pimples they are so much better

Like first two picks and round 4, last two are ok I guess, where is the guard?

Guard is not really a spot on the roster that lacks for depth. Even if we cut Colledge we can still bring back Mike Gibson on the cheap and roll with Cooper, Watford, Fanaiaka and Gibson at guard.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: