Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Elbow Surgery for Ware, Austin a June 1st
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
retrolock

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
Speaking of Emmitt, I just watched Emmitt Smith: Running With History on the NFL netwrok. I thought it was awesome. He ran for like 8,000 yards in high school! That's sick!

The guy is clearly my favorite Cowboy of all time and man do I miss watching him run. He was a total class act on and off the field.

And of course, I believe he was the greatest RB of all time. He was the perfect blend of balance, vision, toughness, strength, elusiveness and of course heart. Ironically, break away speed was NOT one of his attributes. His speed was going from 0 to 60 in a blink. He could hit the hole faster than the defense could react. But that was it. That initial burst. Then he was relagated to whatever open field speed he had.

And I agree with both Textaz and Plan. It did make me sick to see him in a cards uniform BUT he still had tred on his tires and wanted to play. If someone is offereing me big cash to come and play for them, I'd be nuts to say no.

Anyway, check it out, good program.

Thanks for the heads up. Currently watching it. Damn Emmitt's first suit as a cowboy made my head ache. Damn!
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retrolock wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
Speaking of Emmitt, I just watched Emmitt Smith: Running With History on the NFL netwrok. I thought it was awesome. He ran for like 8,000 yards in high school! That's sick!

The guy is clearly my favorite Cowboy of all time and man do I miss watching him run. He was a total class act on and off the field.

And of course, I believe he was the greatest RB of all time. He was the perfect blend of balance, vision, toughness, strength, elusiveness and of course heart. Ironically, break away speed was NOT one of his attributes. His speed was going from 0 to 60 in a blink. He could hit the hole faster than the defense could react. But that was it. That initial burst. Then he was relagated to whatever open field speed he had.

And I agree with both Textaz and Plan. It did make me sick to see him in a cards uniform BUT he still had tred on his tires and wanted to play. If someone is offereing me big cash to come and play for them, I'd be nuts to say no.

Anyway, check it out, good program.

Thanks for the heads up. Currently watching it. Damn Emmitt's first suit as a cowboy made my head ache. Damn!

Can't touch this!!! LOL
be WARE94

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

watched americas game 1992 last night.....even though i was 6 and don't remember much of there first two super bowl runs......man i wish we still had that kind of team.....more specifically that COACH....hell i think jimmy could STILL lead this team to a bowl Laughing
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

be WARE94 wrote:
watched americas game 1992 last night.....even though i was 6 and don't remember much of there first two super bowl runs......man i wish we still had that kind of team.....more specifically that COACH....hell i think jimmy could STILL lead this team to a bowl Laughing

I was 21 years of age and I remember it all. And Jimmy has become an inspiration to me as a teacher and I have to tell you, his ish works! I have researched his methodology and his approach using pyschology to get the most out of his players. He learned how to use different players strengths and weaknesses to motivate them to overvcome their own insecurities and achieve. That is what makes a teacher great.

Speaking of which, watching Emmitt Smith: Run with history, he said something in his rookie year that I really hold with to this day. He said something to the affect of "When I am up there with the Payton's and Dorsett's then I will be considered great."

He understood what greatness and being great was all about even as a ROOKIE! Too often I hear guys throwing the term around after a solid season or two. I can't tell you how many times I hear on the Philly sports radio shows how they label their own great after a good season. I mean, they were calling Brent Celek a top 5 TE 2 years ago!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Now it is Foles. They think he is up there.

It's ish like this that really tarnishes what players like Smith and Montana and Rice and L. Taylor etc have done to earn that title of being great.

Anyway, I remember the glory years and it happened at a time in my life where I could enjoy every bit of it. Hell I even flew down to Dallas from Philly just to see the triplets play a home game. What a time that was.
be WARE94

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
be WARE94 wrote:

I was 21 years of age and I remember it all. And Jimmy has become an inspiration to me as a teacher and I have to tell you, his ish works! I have researched his methodology and his approach using pyschology to get the most out of his players. He learned how to use different players strengths and weaknesses to motivate them to overvcome their own insecurities and achieve. That is what makes a teacher great.

Speaking of which, watching Emmitt Smith: Run with history, he said something in his rookie year that I really hold with to this day. He said something to the affect of "When I am up there with the Payton's and Dorsett's then I will be considered great."

He understood what greatness and being great was all about even as a ROOKIE! Too often I hear guys throwing the term around after a solid season or two. I can't tell you how many times I hear on the Philly sports radio shows how they label their own great after a good season. I mean, they were calling Brent Celek a top 5 TE 2 years ago!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Now it is Foles. They think he is up there.

It's ish like this that really tarnishes what players like Smith and Montana and Rice and L. Taylor etc have done to earn that title of being great.

Anyway, I remember the glory years and it happened at a time in my life where I could enjoy every bit of it. Hell I even flew down to Dallas from Philly just to see the triplets play a home game. What a time that was.

1. as a philly native i know EXACTLY what you are talking about i remember people telling me celek was/was going to be BETTER then jason witten.....LOL....i also remember many people laughing at foles and wanting vick as the starter stating "vick gives us a better chance to win" and i remember whispers of "i'm not sure if chip is the right guy" philly is a funny place....but still its our home Very Happy

2.i'm jealous.....my first REAL football memory is the 9ers super bowl where they whooped the chargers and my first COWBOYS memory is the following super bowl against the steelers....would've loved to see Jimmy and the triplets LIVE and in there PRIME Sad lol
textaz03

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

be WARE94 wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
be WARE94 wrote:

1. as a philly native i know EXACTLY what you are talking about i remember people telling me celek was/was going to be BETTER then jason witten.....LOL....i also remember many people laughing at foles and wanting vick as the starter stating "vick gives us a better chance to win" and i remember whispers of "i'm not sure if chip is the right guy" philly is a funny place....but still its our home Very Happy

2.i'm jealous.....my first REAL football memory is the 9ers super bowl where they whooped the chargers and my first COWBOYS memory is the following super bowl against the steelers....would've loved to see Jimmy and the triplets LIVE and in there PRIME Sad lol
the biggest bum to throw around the term great around a Philly player is Angelo Cataldi! I can't stand listening to his Philly Homerism! You can follow Cataldi up with Howard Eskin, he is pretty bad too!

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen Jones on Ware and Austin.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2014/02/dallas-cowboys-getting-lay-of-land-as-they-determine-whether-to-keep-or-part-ways-with-demarcus-ware-miles-austin.html/

My biggest take away from this article was:
Quote:
“Obviously, DeMarcus had a hell of a career, but when we’re in the cap situation that we’re in and obviously counting as much as he is obviously you have to look at it along with several others.”

Don't know if I'm reading to much into what he said, but maybe the decision had already been made. Or maybe he just chose a poor word to use in that situation.

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CT Cowboy Fan wrote:
Stephen Jones on Ware and Austin.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2014/02/dallas-cowboys-getting-lay-of-land-as-they-determine-whether-to-keep-or-part-ways-with-demarcus-ware-miles-austin.html/

My biggest take away from this article was:
Quote:
“Obviously, DeMarcus had a hell of a career, but when we’re in the cap situation that we’re in and obviously counting as much as he is obviously you have to look at it along with several others.”

Don't know if I'm reading to much into what he said, but maybe the decision had already been made. Or maybe he just chose a poor word to use in that situation.

At least Goof Son is admitting that our cap situation is bad.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SJ also seems less inclined to hold on to older players. Both he and Garrett have no problem cutting the fat, as opposed to JJ.

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
textaz03

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, Ware had successful surgery on his elbow this morning from the reports I'm reading.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
buckwild

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
SJ also seems less inclined to hold on to older players. Both he and Garrett have no problem cutting the fat, as opposed to JJ.

Sturm did a whole segment on this yesterday saying he would be blind sided if the Cowboys cut Ware. He said that it is the right thing to do, but no one in the front office has the guts to cut him after all he has done the past 10 years. That DE don't usually start to decline until their mid-30's at least that is what history has showed us. He did say is what imperative to lock up Tyron, Dez, and Demarco this offseason. He said that he expects Tyron to get for 6 years/60 million, and Dez to get 6 years/80 million. He said that the cap is going to get worse moving forward not better.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

Sturm did a whole segment on this yesterday saying he would be blind sided if the Cowboys cut Ware. He said that it is the right thing to do, but no one in the front office has the guts to cut him after all he has done the past 10 years. That DE don't usually start to decline until their mid-30's at least that is what history has showed us. He did say is what imperative to lock up Tyron, Dez, and Demarco this offseason. He said that he expects Tyron to get for 6 years/60 million, and Dez to get 6 years/80 million. He said that the cap is going to get worse moving forward not better.

I will be beyond pissed if we re-sign Murray.

Dez needs a little more to warrant that contract.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
bigDallasFan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Austin cut I would say he would have to land with New England. He would be a solid target for Tom Brady. I'm sure he could step in and do a better job than any of the receivers did for them last season. As for the cut, it makes sense. Dallas needs to save money and Austin is clearly no longer in the Cowboys plans anymore.
buckwild

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not Megatron/Fitzgerald money, but is more than Mike Wallace so I thought it was a fair deal. As Dez has done more than Wallace in his career.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

best would be salaryy cut, second best would be salary cut and extension, third would be trade. Straight cut would be second worse to straight keeping.

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: