Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Strength of Schedule Rankings
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: 2014 Strength of Schedule Rankings Reply with quote

Quote:
1 Oakland Raiders .578
2 Denver Broncos .570
3 St. Louis Rams .564
4 San Diego Chargers .563
4 San Francisco 49ers .563
6 Seattle Seahawks .561
7 Kansas City Chiefs .559
8 Arizona Cardinals .547
9 New York Jets .520
10 New England Patriots .516
11 Atlanta Falcons .512
12 Miami Dolphins .508
13 Green Bay Packers .504
14 Buffalo Bills .500
15 Chicago Bears .496
16 Detroit Lions .492
17 Washington Redskins .490
18 Dallas Cowboys .488
19 Tampa Bay Buccaneers .484
20 Philadelphia Eagles .479
21 Minnesota Vikings .477
22 Carolina Panthers .473
23 Cincinnati Bengals .469
23 New Orleans Saints .469
23 Pittsburgh Steelers .469
26 Cleveland Browns .465
26 New York Giants .465
28 Baltimore Ravens .461
29 Jacksonville Jaguars .453
30 Houston Texans .441
31 Tennessee Titans .438
32 Indianapolis Colts .430

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a surprise that the AFC/NFC West have the toughest schedules, but looks like the Raiders will be the favorites to get Jameis Winston or Marcus Mariota.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Not a surprise that the AFC/NFC West have the toughest schedules, but looks like the Raiders will be the favorites to get Jameis Winston or Marcus Mariota.

hopefully they do. winston should be a good pro. and raiders have had enough bad years.
i wanted them to draft bortles or manziel but if theyre going to play a difficult schedule... i guess they should go mack clowney or watkins and get their qb next year
sucks for allen and mckenzie though

the west coast is the best coast! unless you want to have an easy schedule Laughing

new sig... sorry alex
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

hopefully they do. winston should be a good pro. and raiders have had enough bad years.
i wanted them to draft bortles or manziel but if theyre going to play a difficult schedule... i guess they should go mack clowney or watkins and get their qb next year
sucks for allen and mckenzie though

the west coast is the best coast! unless you want to have an easy schedule Laughing

Agreed, I think Oak should pick Watkins and wait for a QB next year...
Forge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Oakland. Still, has to be good for them in a way. I'm not sure if Winston comes out next year or not, but they have to be considered the favorite for the first pick in the draft and have their crack at the best QB available. Plus, they have a ton of money this year; they can actually start to build the team now. I'd go elsewhere than quarterback this year, especially since they are likely to miss out on the big three and go with Clowney if he falls, or someone else to help that pass rush. If the draft and sign free agents wisely, then still manage to get the number 1 the following year and can bring in a real quarterback, they'd actually be pretty solid in 2 years.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Poor Oakland. Still, has to be good for them in a way. I'm not sure if Winston comes out next year or not, but they have to be considered the favorite for the first pick in the draft and have their crack at the best QB available. Plus, they have a ton of money this year; they can actually start to build the team now. I'd go elsewhere than quarterback this year, especially since they are likely to miss out on the big three and go with Clowney if he falls, or someone else to help that pass rush. If the draft and sign free agents wisely, then still manage to get the number 1 the following year and can bring in a real quarterback, they'd actually be pretty solid in 2 years.

You have to wonder if Winston decides to go back to school if he knows Oak or another low talent team gets the #1 pick...
Forge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Forge wrote:

You have to wonder if Winston decides to go back to school if he knows Oak or another low talent team gets the #1 pick...

well he has already said he's playing 2 more years. Fisher said he thought he would too. Apparently has to do with baseball which Winston plays as well. Take that for what its worth though. With a potential number one pick contract within grasp, those minds change awfully quick, plus you get the clock started on your free agency and first real contract started sooner

49ersfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/Eric_Branch/statuses/433755388391874560

Quote:
#49ers arenít expected to play first regular-season game at Leviís Stadium until Week 2. Will likely be Sunday night game.

Starting the season @ Seattle? Would be weird to have 2 straight NBC games to start the season.

I expect our first home opponent to be the Chiefs. Kaep vs Alex, new era vs old era to open the stadium...the media will salivate at these storylines.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
https://twitter.com/Eric_Branch/statuses/433755388391874560

Quote:
#49ers arenít expected to play first regular-season game at Leviís Stadium until Week 2. Will likely be Sunday night game.

Starting the season @ Seattle? Would be weird to have 2 straight NBC games to start the season.

I expect our first home opponent to be the Chiefs. Kaep vs Alex, new era vs old era to open the stadium...the media will salivate at these storylines.

Either that or we start week one in Denver...
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could have two NBC games to start the season since the week one match up will be on a Thursday. There will be another game on Sunday on NBC, and no way is the opening of our new stadium not going to be on a prime time game. It could be a MNF game as well.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
We could have two NBC games to start the season since the week one match up will be on a Thursday. There will be another game on Sunday on NBC, and no way is the opening of our new stadium not going to be on a prime time game. It could be a MNF game as well.

I thought they said no monday or sunday night games at Levi for at least the first year due to traffic considerations?

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what they said a few months ago, but I think they changed their mind. It had something to do with traffic IIRC.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that it's by much, but how the hell do we have a harder schedule than the Seahawks? They won the division.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
Not that it's by much, but how the hell do we have a harder schedule than the Seahawks? They won the division.

There's always a switcheroo where the first in the division plays the fourth in another division, while the second plays the third of that same division. So, depending on how other divisions have fared, stuff like that can happen.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:

For both teams, they have four non-common opponents including playing each other two times. Seattle plays two first place division finishers in Carolina and GB, while we play the second place finishers in NO and CHI.

Those teams records were:

Carolina 12-4
NO 11-5
GB 8-7-1
CHI 8-8

So SEA's opponents have a better record right here by lets say 1.5 wins.

Seattle went 13-3 and we play twice, and we finished 12-4. Since they play two games, the combined record would be:

SEA 26-6
SF 24-8

Seattle has two more wins which makes the final difference. We benefited by having a easier schedule against CHI/NO, but that was only by 1.5 wins compared to 2 wins between the two teams. I hope that makes sense LOL.

Last edited by J-ALL-DAY on Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: