Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Buckeyes Complete Offseason.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buckeyeboy89

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Buckeyes Complete Offseason. Reply with quote

I Attacked this offseason as If I was hired as the Titans GM this Off-season and hired the Coaches in place. I have the mentailty as if I was told I am on a short leash and have to win now, and have been given Complete roster Control.

Free agents not Resigned
Mike Otto
Damien Williams
Jakie Battle
Rusty Smith
Leon Washington
Kevin Matthews
Kenny Britt
Robert Turner
Rob Spencer
Kevin Walter
Antonio Johnson

Players cut
Patrick bailey
Moise Fokou
Quinn Johnson
Colin McCarthy

Free Agents Resigned
Ropati Pitoitua- Finds a hom in the new Scheme.
Marc Mariani- Cheap depth
Alterraun Verner- Transforming the front 7 of the defense, need to keep good players we have in the secondary. He is a versilte CB we need.
Bernard Pollard- Leader on Defense and similar to above.

Contracts Restructures

Kameron Wimbley- With a sub par 2013 season and wanting to stay with the team in for the new Defensive Scheme. Kam Restructures lower his Cap number.

Michael Griffin- Quite Simply Griff Was told restructure or were cutting you. Griffin wants to stay in Nashville. I wanted to keep him because I think he can be the True Center Field FS in the Cover one looks Horton likes to Give.

David Stewart- Big Country has a 6.5 million cap number, after a Disastrous 2013 and average 2012 he knows he cant return to Titans at his Current 6.5 cap number. Being fully healthy I extend Big Countrys Contract 2 more years significantly lowering is cap number and keeping out RT in place.

Michael Roos- One of the better LTs in the game and entering a contract year, I extended his contract 5 years Keeping here till his age 37 season letting him Retire a Titan, and Lowering his 2013 cap number.

Trades
Derrick Morgan and our 5th to Chicago Bears for their 2nd round pick. A physical edge setting DE that doesn't fit what we will do on defense but will fit in perfect with the bears.

Chris Johnson to the Patriots for their 3rd round pick.- BB at it again. Taking a talented player from another team and making him work in NE while giving Brandy and McDaniel another weapon to work with.

Zavier Gooden to the Giants for their 3rd round pick. This was a tough run because I think this Kid can play. Just not sure how he fits Schematically especially after the FA signings.

Mike Martin to the Cowboys for their 5th round pick. Another solid player that is a man without a position in our new scheme.

Shonn Greene to the Browns for their 5th round pick. Good player but was made expendable by free agent signing.

Free Agent Signings

RB Ben Tate- I think this kid is going to be one of the better Free agent signings in the NFL for 2014. I think he fits in perfect with what we want to do offensively and will be the bell cow to take pressure off of locker. With another year and off-season for the OL to Gel Tate will be in for a big time year.

LB Daryl Smith- A leader on Defense, Smith will add veteran leadership and experience to a young defense transitioning to the 3-4. Smith is versatile can play inside and out and be a moveable chess piece for Ray Horton.

LB Arthur Moats- I Absolutely love this kid. A very underrated player that makes plays. Moats is a smart player that like smith has versatility to play inside or out and give depth at each of the LB positions.

DE Mike Neal- Neal will come a decent price due to the fact that he played out of position for GB last year because of injuries. He played OLB but is not a OLB he needs his hand in the dirt full time. Neal can get after the QB as well as anchor the run.

C/OG Rich Ohrnberger- A veteran inteior OL guy to give us insurance and depth at three positions while pushing 2nd year players Chance and Schwenke.

Draft
Trade- The Titans Trade the 11th pick in the draft to the Dolphins for 19 and 51
1st round(MIA)- Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State I absolutely Love this kid. I think he has star written all over him. He is explosive off the ball uses his hands well and has the length to set the edge and the speed, quickness, and agility to get to the QB. He is a Perfect 5 technique DE for our new 3-4 DE. pairing him with Casey gives us a young duo upfront to bring havoc on opposing QBs.

2nd round Dee Ford OLB/DE, Auburn- This kid is explosive. I was at the senior bowl practices and this kid was all over the place. He is a great athlete and everyone I talk too and everything I read says he is a great kid that loves football. Great young player for Horton to use in the new 3-4.

2nd round(CH) Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB, Nebraska- One of my goals this off-season was getting bigger on Defense while not sacrificing speed. SJB is the epitome of that. A big physical stong CB with great length that can run. He is versatile enough to move around the formation. I think SJb

2nd Round(MIA) Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt. Another guy I am gushing over. Not the fastest WR in the World but has tools to be an all pro WR year in and Year out. Has good Hands runs good routes and gives Locker another Big time target to throw to.

3rd round(NE) Troy Niklas, TE, Notre Dame A fairly raw prospect that still needs a little time to develop but has the tools to become a big time play maker. Has the size to create major mismatches in the red zone and middle of the field. nice security blanket for locker.

3rd round(NYG) St. Louis Rams: Zach Mettenberger, QB, LSU Perfect fit for Whisenhunts new system. Has time to develop and will also give us insurance if locker doesn't work out or cant stay healthy.

4th round Keith McGill, CB, Utah- Another long athletic DB added to the secondary with this pick. McGill gives us versatility because he can play inside and outside as well as move to safety. With this pick our secondary depth strengthens tremendously while adding a big time play maker.

5th round(Dall) Billy Turner, OT, North Dakota State A very big athletic OT, that is still Raw and needs time to develop. IS a big body that can start out at OG to get his feet yet to eventually move outside.

5th round Ben Gardner, DE, Stanford A strong tough relentless defender. Has a season ending pectoral injury or probaly would not have fallen this far.

6th round Charles Sims, RB, WVU-
Nice late around addition that compliments Tate and can be a good clock killer late in games.

7th roundJordan Tripp OLB - Montana
A physical athletic kid that can run. I have watched several game tapes on this kid and really like him a lot. I think moves Inside for us and becomes a big time run Blitzer and gap filler.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No GM in history would do half the stuff you did. Very unrealistic.
Buckeyeboy89

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:

Would you care to be more specific

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckeyeboy89 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

Would you care to be more specific

Every single trade you did. CJ for a 3rd? Lol. We'd be lucky to get anything for that bum.
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NE only has about 9 mill in cap space u think they'll trade for CJ at 8 million when they could get him at half price as a FA. Also there trying to resign talib & get Brady another weapon at receiver.
Also all your trades are unrealistic.
And why keep Stewart regardless if he takes a paycut when u have stingly at this point is just as good as him & could be better for cheap.
Cut Stevens also 4 mill for a 2nd string TE.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too unrealistic. Too many trades for high picks. Too many restructures.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR
2) Sammie Hill NT
TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaviar gooden is worth a 3rd rounder? he was drafted in the 4th round last year and did absolutely nothing his rookie season regardless of injury. Morgan a 2nd rounder?

Every single trade is unrealistic. Seriously, every one.

Expecting that many people to restructure their contracts is unrealistic also. Kameron Wimbley is the only person I could see restructuring his contract that you listed as he has already seen his time on the field cut and has mentioned that he would like to be back with the team.

Mettenberger is terrible. I don't imagine him ever starting in the NFL. Jernigan isn't a great pick. We could use another DT, but we need bigger NT type DTs rather than another penetrating UT.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you understand the difference between pay cuts and restructures.

Restructuring just pushes the money around. lowers the cap in the short term while pushing that money into future years. This is how teams get into cap hell.

Pay cuts involve players forfeiting money in order to stay.

I'm not interested in pushing around Stewart and Wimbley's money into future years, they just need to go. David Stewart hasn't been healthy for a season and a half. Its time to move on.

So restructuring only screws us in the future. And I doubt many of these players, certainly not Griff, is taking a pay cut to stay.

Also the trades are bad. Nobody is trading those picks.

Zaviar Gooden made 12 tackles last season, you really think someone is giving us a 3rd for him?!

Also trading CJ, I believe, we would still owe him a prorated portion of his bonus money and he'd still count towards our cap. Also nobody's trading for him.

The Morgan trade is a head scratcher as well. Sorry dude, if the players you traded were that valuable, we wouldn't be trying to trade them in the 1st place.

No disrespect intended, but sometimes I wonder where your head is when you make these predictions. Like have you heard of a GM anywhere who traded three different players(one of which is not even a starter), to three different teams, for 3 top 100 draft picks? Have you ever seen a precedent like that? Ever?? Because I haven't. And somewhere along the way I guess we just stole Miami's 2nd round pick.

**RIP Steve McNair**
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madden Off Season FTW

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MdTitansFan56 wrote:
Madden Off Season FTW

I don't even think this is realistic on Madden Laughing
Iceman88

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:

Restructuring just pushes the money around. lowers the cap in the short term while pushing that money into future years. This is how teams get into cap hell.

I'm not interested in pushing around Stewart and Wimbley's money into future years, they just need to go. David Stewart hasn't been healthy for a season and a half. Its time to move on.

So restructuring only screws us in the future. And I doubt many of these players, certainly not Griff, is taking a pay cut to stay.

Zaviar Gooden made 12 tackles last season, you really think someone is giving us a 3rd for him?!

Also trading CJ, I believe, we would still owe him a prorated portion of his bonus money and he'd still count towards our cap. Also nobody's trading for him.

The Morgan trade is a head scratcher as well. Sorry dude, if the players you traded were that valuable, we wouldn't be trying to trade them in the 1st place.

No disrespect intended, but sometimes I wonder where your head is when you make these predictions. Like have you heard of a GM anywhere who traded three different players(one of which is not even a starter), to three different teams, for 3 top 100 draft picks? Have you ever seen a precedent like that? Ever?? Because I haven't. And somewhere along the way I guess we just stole Miami's 2nd round pick.

Actually that is the one that sort of makes sense.....and he got Miami's 2nd from the trade down.

Props to Kempes ^
TitanSS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:

Actually that is the one that sort of makes sense.....and he got Miami's 2nd from the trade down.

It makes sense as a fit for Morgan, but no one is giving up a 2nd round pick for someone who has never exceeded 6.5 sacks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: