Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Everyone's Doing Mock Drafts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
young_gunner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Everyone's Doing Mock Drafts Reply with quote

Tough to consider any FA or trades so I am just staying put picking.

1.16 ILB CJ Mosley - I think we have higher needs elsewhere, but this is a BPA pick and our Linebackers cannot stay healthy.

2.47 DT Ra’Shede Hageman - Deep DL class and I think someone will fall to the second round. addresses Depth and a need. Quickness and played ll games over the last 2 seasons.

3.78 OG Gabe Jackson - Although our O-line played well, there can be improvements made & Romo could still have less pressure. Jackson is an excellent Run blocker and is decent against the pass.

4.115 DE Demarcus Lawrence - DE depth, great stats but in lower competition, Versatile lineman,

5.146 CB Aaron Colvin - was being projected as a 2nd/3rd rounder before his Injury. value pick and might start the year on the PUP.

Enjoy!
Felix=Fast!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Everyone's Doing Mock Drafts Reply with quote

young_gunner wrote:

1.16 ILB CJ Mosley - I think we have higher needs elsewhere, but this is a BPA pick and our Linebackers cannot stay healthy.

2.47 DT Ra’Shede Hageman - Deep DL class and I think someone will fall to the second round. addresses Depth and a need. Quickness and played ll games over the last 2 seasons.

3.78 OG Gabe Jackson - Although our O-line played well, there can be improvements made & Romo could still have less pressure. Jackson is an excellent Run blocker and is decent against the pass.

4.115 DE Demarcus Lawrence - DE depth, great stats but in lower competition, Versatile lineman,

5.146 CB Aaron Colvin - was being projected as a 2nd/3rd rounder before his Injury. value pick and might start the year on the PUP.

Enjoy!
This ould be fantastic but i dont think it happens to get Hageman in the 2nd...but ive been wrong before.

I need to watch more of Moseley. IU know he is supposed to be great but i would be a tad disappointed with LB in the 1st unless it is Khalil Mack

Sean Lee leads the NFL in making David Wilson cry.
young_gunner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Everyone's Doing Mock Drafts Reply with quote

Felix=Fast! wrote:
young_gunner wrote:

Enjoy!
This ould be fantastic but i dont think it happens to get Hageman in the 2nd...but ive been wrong before.

I need to watch more of Moseley. IU know he is supposed to be great but i would be a tad disappointed with LB in the 1st unless it is Khalil Mack

I see the depth on the DL in this draft and usually someone is bound to drop, ALA Shariff Floyd, so I am hoping he falls due to the fact that he is so raw and lack of experience at the position, but we've all been wrong here.
muncy54

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it although I haven't saw Lawrence that much ...Love Jackson and think he a steal in the 3rd, Mosley would start as well as Hageman so that 3 starters and prob next year Colvin will find his way onto the field somewhere after recovering
Baixis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Everyone's Doing Mock Drafts Reply with quote

young_gunner wrote:

Enjoy!

Not bad picks for sure, but if you don't trade down and get more picks, I would take another DT or Safety long before I took a CB - especially a smaller, broken one. Take DT Easley or Saftey Ward in the 3rd instead of Jackson, and an OG like Fulton, Linder or Thomas in the 5th instead of Colvin, and I would be the happiest man alive
Revenant04

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Everyone's Doing Mock Drafts Reply with quote

young_gunner wrote:

Enjoy!

I dont think Hageman makes it to the 2nd round, but I do think that one DT falls, so I wont quibble on which prospect it will be that falls.

I also probably shouldnt say anything since I have us taking a safety in the first round in my last mock draft. But I have been looking at our cap a lot, and I think there are only three possibilities for our first two picks.

One of those picks will be a DT. But what will the other one be?

1. Either we cut Orton post June 1, sign a cheap backup, or use an udfa. If this happens then the first pick could be almost anything, but I think this is the least likely situation as Jerry values Orton.

2. We draft an offensive tackle to replace Free and he is a post June 1 cut. I was thinking Bern would be cut before, but with his versatility to play any interior position, I could see him being kept for depth. This also means that we only need to take one OG in the draft and not two.

or

3. We draft a DE and Ware is cut. The question is does Jerry want to have two new rookie starters on the dline this year? Another option is to sign a free agent DT, but that would do away with any cap relief from cutting Ware and we still have people to sign in the future (Smith, Bryant, Carter?, Murray?)

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: Everyone's Doing Mock Drafts Reply with quote

young_gunner wrote:

Neither can Mosley. He's always hurt. His injury history is very well documented.

Quote:

I doubt he falls that far. He's not likely to make it out of the 1st round, let alone halfway through the second.

Quote:

Same comment as Hageman, only that I doubt he slides past the 2nd round.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
TCC316

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DE KONY EALY
MISSOURI
DT RA’SHEDE HAGEMAN
MINNESOTA
QB JIMMY GAROPPOLO
EASTERN ILLINOIS
WR DEVIN STREET
PITTSBURGH
RB DE’ANTHONY THOMAS
OREGON
OLB DEVON KENNARD
USC
FB J.C. COPELAND
LSU
CB AARON COLVIN
OKLAHOMA

you need to try fanspeak.com

it does a mock projection in most i seen johnny football falls to 20th. what joke
young_gunner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TCC316 wrote:
DE KONY EALY
MISSOURI
DT RA’SHEDE HAGEMAN
MINNESOTA
QB JIMMY GAROPPOLO
EASTERN ILLINOIS
WR DEVIN STREET
PITTSBURGH
RB DE’ANTHONY THOMAS
OREGON
OLB DEVON KENNARD
USC
FB J.C. COPELAND
LSU
CB AARON COLVIN
OKLAHOMA

you need to try fanspeak.com

it does a mock projection in most i seen johnny football falls to 20th. what joke

Took a shot at it and here is what i came up with

OT ZACK MARTIN
NOTRE DAME
DE SCOTT CRICHTON
OREGON STATE
CB STANLEY JEAN- BAPTISTE
NEBRASKA
DT CARAUN REID
PRINCETON
G CHRIS WATT
NOTRE DAME
S VINNIE SUNSERI
ALABAMA
G TRAI TURNER
LSU
CB AARON COLVIN
OKLAHOMA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: