Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Potential Free Agent Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RDawg10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaZeN37 wrote:
Oh, Vontae Davis will most definitely get $9M a year, Verner too probably.

9 million, yeah right. The market has really already been set when the best corner got a 4 year 32 million dollar deal. Thats an average of 8. That deal will be the block in which the corner market is set.

My guess, Vontae gets a 5 year 38 million with maybe a little more guaranteed money.

Alterraun will probably get the same.

With the cornerback market being loaded, the competition and bids will not be high. Due to the fact that the safety position is made up of Byrd and Ward, people will overpay. 9 million was at the least. Some people are saying they may receive more.

I am not interested in the bidding war for Byrd or Ward. Its going to get expensive. I cannot deal with being stuck with Cromartie for another year. I know he played pretty well a year ago but hes not good. Hes older, injury prone, and hes flat out not as good as he use to be.
Bianconero

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
BlaZeN37 wrote:

9 million, yeah right. The market has really already been set when the best corner got a 4 year 32 million dollar deal. Thats an average of 8. That deal will be the block in which the corner market is set.

My guess, Vontae gets a 5 year 38 million with maybe a little more guaranteed money.

With the cornerback market being loaded, the competition and bids will not be high. Due to the fact that the safety position is made up of Byrd and Ward, people will overpay. 9 million was at the least. Some people are saying they may receive more.

I am not interested in the bidding war for Byrd or Ward. Its going to get expensive. I cannot deal with being stuck with Cromartie for another year. I know he played pretty well a year ago but hes not good. Hes older, injury prone, and hes flat out not as good as he use to be.
Plus with Wilson being on the last year of his contract, people don't realize that CB is a need.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
jetfan8178 wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
Let's completely ignore the value (or lack there of) that our HC has put on the safety position the past 5 years.

How many times has he tried si nce becoming the HC to fill that spot???

2 Landrys and a Reed in the last 2 years alone...
Exactly.

Its a rotating door and aside from MAYBE Laron, we;re not trying very hard to fill the spot.

Also FWIW we didn't want to give Laron a huge deal, injury history taken into consideration or not.

It's not so much that we didn't want to it was more that we really couldn't match what other teams gave him since we were so close to the cap with almost no players under contract. Also Laron didn't get a huge deal I'm pretty sure his deal averages 5 mill a year for 4 years. (going of memory don't feel like googling actual numbers)
Davey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this offseason is anything else but a full-press on getting the offense as much talent as possible, it's a wasted opportunity.

The team has needs on defense, sure, but immense talent on the defensive line masks a lot and the next step in making the Jets a team that can compete every year is making the team one that can consistently score points.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're being linked to John Carlson. Would be a serviceable backup at TE.

Props to JMG on the sig
BlaZeN37

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
BlaZeN37 wrote:

Grimes got $8M a year and is in his 30s. A player in there mid 20s like Davis will get more money.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaZeN37 wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:
BlaZeN37 wrote:

Grimes got $8M a year and is in his 30s. A player in there mid 20s like Davis will get more money.

Maybe so, but I just dont think he will get more than 8.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
If this offseason is anything else but a full-press on getting the offense as much talent as possible, it's a wasted opportunity.

The team has needs on defense, sure, but immense talent on the defensive line masks a lot and the next step in making the Jets a team that can compete every year is making the team one that can consistently score points.

This times 10000 man. I have a little bit of faith in Idzik that he'll do the right thing. We have a major advantage with Rex as our HC in that he can do a lot with a little. We absolutely NEED a lot on offense just so we can improve a little and that alone will make this defense more refreshed each game.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:

I like him, but his injury concerns scare me. He can be a solid backup apart from that.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:

Doesn't he have concussion issues??

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlson wouldn't be much of an upgrade but he's above average.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://thejetsblog.com/nyjets/buzz-jets-interested-in-te-john-carlson/ He does have concussion issues, but again, not bad for a backup role. Big target in the redzone too.

Props to JMG on the sig
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://thejetsblog.com/nyjets/buzz-jets-interested-in-te-john-carlson/ He does have concussion issues, but again, not bad for a backup role. Big target in the redzone too.

Props to JMG on the sig
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:

I actually have us picking him up in my last mock. I like the idea of having him as the #2.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trindon wasn't tendered, so he's a UFA. Would be a great addition.

Props to JMG on the sig

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 9 of 14

Jump to: