Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So giants fans what is your hope for this offseason?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYGCRUZ80

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: So giants fans what is your hope for this offseason? Reply with quote

Mine:
MAIN RESIGNINGS- Jon Beason, Linval Joseph, Justin Tuck
DRAFT: with our first round pick im hoping we go Mosley and play him at OLB, if we dont get him go for either dennard out of mich st, gilbert from ok st, or trade up possibly to get watkins (i doubt that will happen)
SIGNINGS: IF we have enough sign Jon Asmoah from KC and james jones from gb (unless he asks for too much)

What do you want to happen?
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No to James Jones.
Asamoah
Evan Dietrich-Smith/Brian De La Puente

Beason, Tuck, Joseph, Terrell Thomas, McBride, Andre Brown.

I'd like D in the first. Dennard, Gilbert, Mack, Ealy.

I like Charles Sims, Jeremy Hill as RB's. I think Hill will slip because of his off field issues. We need to retool the trenches, Defensively and Offensively and the secondary.
Rolle may be a cap casualty or may be gone next year. So Haha Clinton-Dix makes sense as a future value pick. Reminds me of KP minus grandma's knees.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can get Mack and Ben Tate at reasonable prices I wouldn't mind those signings. Same for Tuck, TT, all the Browns. I think Joseph walks due to $$.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign asamoah

Resign Andre brown, joseph, beason, stevie brown,

Draft: ebron (trade back), yankey/carey/stephen tuitt, Allen Robinson... actually.. I love the talent in the second round

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bballbkd1001 wrote:
Sign asamoah

Draft: ebron (trade back), yankey/carey/stephen tuitt, Allen Robinson... actually.. I love the talent in the second round

If we could trade our first for 2-3 second rounders I would be pretty damn happy.
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
bballbkd1001 wrote:
Sign asamoah

If we could trade our first for 2-3 second rounders I would be pretty damn happy.

A record 80 some underclassmen are in this years draft class... which means the next few years draft classes will be weaker. We need to go all out and grab as many players as we can!

Kodaraw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bballbkd1001 wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
bballbkd1001 wrote:
Sign asamoah

A record 80 some underclassmen are in this years draft class... which means the next few years draft classes will be weaker. We need to go all out and grab as many players as we can!

I thought the final number was 104ish?
But you're exactly right.. Trade back and horde picks. Then go crazy in the middle rounds. IMO we could solidify our roster for the next 4 years with multiple picks in rounds 2-4
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-Sign: Tuck, Linval, McBride, Andre Brown, Beason, Boothe, Hynoski, Stevie Brown
Sign: Jon Asamoah, Alex Mack, Finley

Draft: Tyler Lewan, Louchiez Purifoy (only two round mock so far)

Restructure: Eli Manning
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God, no to Lewan. The man is a basket case.

I think we have a legitimate chance to sign Alex Mack. Yes, he has said he wants to go back to Cleveland but why? Cleveland fired their head coach after one year. Their GM left the team, and their CEO stepped down, and their owner is probably going to prison or facing heavy heavy discipline. There is no stability in the franchise. It took them 3 weeks to find a head coach. I don't think Mack will go back unless he is tagged.
NYGCRUZ80

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just hope we dont go Oline 1st rd in the draft, we need veteran help not another rookie plus we went OL last year, want someone who can be a playmaker on D like mosley or mack or either CB
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGCRUZ80 wrote:
i just hope we dont go Oline 1st rd in the draft, we need veteran help not another rookie plus we went OL last year, want someone who can be a playmaker on D like mosley or mack or either CB

i love the defensive prospects but id have to disagree with ya. we currently have 70 mill spent on our offense and only 40 on defense. it's because we have focused so much on defense through the draft.

Pugh was our only good offensive lineman last year. The last good free agent brought in on the line was kareem mckenzie. Now i dont think we should spend a first round pick on an Olineman (only if matthews or robinson fall) but Id love to grab interior line in the 2nd-3rd round like yankey or gabe jackson

NYGCRUZ80

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bballbkd1001 wrote:
NYGCRUZ80 wrote:

i love the defensive prospects but id have to disagree with ya. we currently have 70 mill spent on our offense and only 40 on defense. it's because we have focused so much on defense through the draft.

Pugh was our only good offensive lineman last year. The last good free agent brought in on the line was kareem mckenzie. Now i dont think we should spend a first round pick on an Olineman (only if matthews or robinson fall) but Id love to grab interior line in the 2nd-3rd round like yankey or gabe jackson

I was just saying not to go Oline first round unless he is gonna be a stud, id love if yankey went in the 2nd round to us. Im just saying i think this tea m need a veteran guard like asomah or even alex mack(if we can get him)
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can bring in dietrich-smith and Asomah in FA I woud be happy not taking an OL in the first round. We could take Dennard, Mosley, Jernnigan, (hopefully mack). Then get an interior OL in the second round

bballbkd1001 wrote:
NYGCRUZ80 wrote:

Kodaraw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bballbkd1001 wrote:
NYGCRUZ80 wrote:

This is somewhat misleading. You will almost always spend more on offense. Eli Manning counts for ~$20M of that $70M. Take him out and its 50-40. Thats not bad.

Regardless, there is so much defensive talent in this draft it would bite us in the rear if we passed on it to go offense. The next few draft classes will probably be weaker so we also have to think longterm. Next year, we can get an OT if Beatty has a bad year.
We could completely retool the defense (on paper) with this draft.

Anthony Steen would be a late round steal. He's projected in the fourth round and I think will be a day 1 starter.
Brandon Coleman is another late round steal. Last year he was projected to vie with Watkins and Lee for #1 receiver overall. Instead, he had poor QB play and inconsistent hands. He's got the size, speed, catch radius, and physicality we need in a WR. And his route tree is pretty advanced compared to most WRs out of college.
I've already mentioned Jeremy Hill as a RB. He's a hard, physical RB who I think could carry the team if need be. He is what we need and will fall because of his red flags.
So thats 3 positions in the mid-late rounds that could start or contribute heavily on day 1.

We need CB, DE, RB, WR help. LB and DT would be nice.
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
bballbkd1001 wrote:
NYGCRUZ80 wrote:

This is somewhat misleading. You will almost always spend more on offense. Eli Manning counts for ~$20M of that $70M. Take him out and its 50-40. Thats not bad.

Regardless, there is so much defensive talent in this draft it would bite us in the rear if we passed on it to go offense. The next few draft classes will probably be weaker so we also have to think longterm. Next year, we can get an OT if Beatty has a bad year.
We could completely retool the defense (on paper) with this draft.

Anthony Steen would be a late round steal. He's projected in the fourth round and I think will be a day 1 starter.
Brandon Coleman is another late round steal. Last year he was projected to vie with Watkins and Lee for #1 receiver overall. Instead, he had poor QB play and inconsistent hands. He's got the size, speed, catch radius, and physicality we need in a WR. And his route tree is pretty advanced compared to most WRs out of college.
I've already mentioned Jeremy Hill as a RB. He's a hard, physical RB who I think could carry the team if need be. He is what we need and will fall because of his red flags.
So thats 3 positions in the mid-late rounds that could start or contribute heavily on day 1.

We need CB, DE, RB, WR help. LB and DT would be nice.

somewhat... but players like suh and revis make just as much to name a few Smile

important positions to spend money IMO are:
QB (need a top qb in this league to win)
CB (a top corner who can shut off 1/3 of the field in a pass friendly game)
OT (gotta protect a QB's blindside)
DE (This one us Giants are biased about.. can never have enough pass rushers)
C (dont really need to spend lots here but needs to have amazing chemistry with the QB)

Honorable mentions:
WR: They make a lot... but only when they leave for free agency for a weaker team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: