Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Someone's draft proposal (theory)Trade Casey....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Someone's draft proposal (theory)Trade Casey.... Reply with quote

Very unlikely.....but eh

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/2014-nfl-mock-draft-tennessee-titans-st-louis-220200356--nfl.html

Quote:
Tennessee Titans trade DT Jurrell Casey and the 2014 second round pick for the St. Louis Rams 2nd overall pick.

Quote:

Who would the Titans draft:

1. Titans draft South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney and either UCLA DE/OLB Anthony Barr or Buffalo DE/OLB Khalil Mack

2. Titans draft Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater and either Anthony Barr or Khalil Mack

3. Titans draft either Teddy Bridgewater or Jadeveon Clowney, and either Texas A&M OT Jake Matthews or Auburn OT Greg Robinson.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Someone's draft proposal (theory)Trade Casey.... Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Very unlikely.....but eh

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/2014-nfl-mock-draft-tennessee-titans-st-louis-220200356--nfl.html

Quote:
Tennessee Titans trade DT Jurrell Casey and the 2014 second round pick for the St. Louis Rams 2nd overall pick.

Quote:

Who would the Titans draft:

1. Titans draft South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney and either UCLA DE/OLB Anthony Barr or Buffalo DE/OLB Khalil Mack

2. Titans draft Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater and either Anthony Barr or Khalil Mack

3. Titans draft either Teddy Bridgewater or Jadeveon Clowney, and either Texas A&M OT Jake Matthews or Auburn OT Greg Robinson.

Wow. Casey is good, but he's not worth the #2 pick.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd do that trade in a heartbeat and go Clowney and maybe Barr or Mack. Don't want Robinson at 11 at all.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see St Louis doing that deal or us even doing that deal. I keep hearing trade Casey then Titan fans complain we suck but every offseason someone in this forum wants to trade our best player I don't see the logic

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 11 Tackles 7 Assist 2 Sack

Ropati Pitoitua: 12 Tackles 11 Assist 2 Sack
titans0021

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Casey, but at that value you'd have to take the deal. Especially if Houston doesn't draft Bridgewater. The idea of landing Bridgewater and Anthony Barr is just disgusting.

But roughly a .0001% chance St. Louis does that trade.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm scared of drafting QBs. They'd have to be absolutely positive Bridgewater is the guy to do the trade for a QB. I have a bad feeling about Bridgewater based on absolutely no facts at all haha.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
I love Casey, but at that value you'd have to take the deal. Especially if Houston doesn't draft Bridgewater. The idea of landing Bridgewater and Anthony Barr is just disgusting.

But roughly a .0001% chance St. Louis does that trade.

We could attempt to sweeten the pot by throwing CJ into the deal as well. Then you'd be giving up Casey, CJ, and our 2nd Rnd pick. You know Fisher would love to add an upcoming kid like Casey to his D-line with Robert Quinn, and then pair up CJ and Zac Stacy as his running combo. That would give him 2 experienced and capable weapons on both sides of the ball with 1 draft pick. Whatever's left in CJ's tank, I believe Fisher can get it out of him. I'd try to see if we could squeeze a mid or late round pick out of the deal as well.

In turn, we'd get two 1st Rnd picks. If we take a QB that high, I'd rather take Blake Bortles over anybody else. If the Texans take him, then we should go defense.

titans_5

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why this article is getting attention is beyond me. There is no way in hell that this deal goes down.
Considering what the rams took the redskins for to get griffin, there is no way they make that trade unless we throw in our 1st too.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans_5 wrote:
why this article is getting attention is beyond me. There is no way in hell that this deal goes down.
Considering what the rams took the redskins for to get griffin, there is no way they make that trade unless we throw in our 1st too.

Speculation is the Rams aren't interested in Clowney or a QB given their roster.

Most mocks have them drafting an OT. What sounds better? An unproven 22 year old tackle or one of the better pass rushing DTs in the league at age 24 plus a second round pick?

Too much value is placed on trading up. They absolutely screwed the Redskins and it will be known as one of the worst franchise moves in all time if RG3 doesn't drastically improve.

Not saying this trade is going to happen it's just an interesting hypothetical. The main reason this trade idea is ridiculous is because some retarded team like the browns is going to end up swapping first round choices and giving up another first round pick to move up two spots and draft some player who, from what history tells us, probably won't be who they thought he was.
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that happened I'd go Teddy and Mack or Barr. That's me though not happening though. I'm still like every year on the trade back band wagon

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
seminoles1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casey is good, but he's not good enough to go from picking 42nd to 2nd. Titans would have to throw in at least a future 1st. I even doubt the future 1st would do much since the Rams want to get better now.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
TitanJo33

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would we trade Casey and a second for an unproven player that might flop ... Casey is our best player on D and he's 24 !!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanJo33 wrote:
Why would we trade Casey and a second for an unproven player that might flop ... Casey is our best player on D and he's 24 !!!!!!!

That's what I'm saying. Everyone else is saying the Rams would never do it... If I'm the Titans I wouldn't do it. Casey is a first round talent in my mind.. no need to give him up for a maybe and lose our second round choice. Makes no sense to me at all.

Rams would be smart to make the trade if other teams aren't throwing away tons of future picks again. Fish whiffs on his draft picks anyway... except for Quinn.

Last edited by TitanSS on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't guy year after year Titan fans want to trade our best player it makes no sense. The Titans themselves almost never trade a player McNair and PAC Man were the only two if i remember correctly and there were legit reasons behind those. And the Titans not wanting to pay big contracts is a little misleading to the point of who have they let go that killed the and that they should have signed? Around the Era of Mason an Rolle the Titans were in cap hell and couldn't sign them long term. McNair only stayed healthy 1 season after that trade. Eddie George stunk in Dallas. Drew Bennett never made it threw his whole 3 year deal with the Rams. Ben Troupe never played for anyone after us. Albert Haynesworth proved to not be worth his deal Finnegan is proving he's not worth his deal so who should the Titans really have paid a big time contract too? Randy Starks at the time no one knew he'd be this good but how good is he really he's good but not John Abraham Jarred Allen Demarcus Ware kind of good. So give the a Titans a chance with Casey as it was pointed out he's 24 I'm sure a deal will be worked out give the FO some credit they have extended guys like Griffin and McCourty already granted CJs deal looks bad but he's a guy we pretty much were ok with paying and if the Titans want they can cut him an move on

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 11 Tackles 7 Assist 2 Sack

Ropati Pitoitua: 12 Tackles 11 Assist 2 Sack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: