Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ultimate Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steel Resolve

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:40 am    Post subject: Ultimate Mock Reply with quote

Steelers trade Woodley to the Jets for the Jets 2nd third round pick.
Steelers trade back with the 49er's ... We give them our first and fifth and they give us their first and two 2nd round picks.

Steelers end up with:
30th pick in rd 1
3 picks rd 2
2picks n rd 3 one for Woodley and second for Comp pick rd 3
2 picks rd 4 ( one is comp for K. Lewis)
Traded rd 5 to San Fran
1rd 6
1rd 7

1 - Stephon Tuitt DE Notre Dame - Will help solidify the line with Heyward for the next 5 years.

2A. Ryan Shazier LB Ohio State - Convert to athletic inside backer that Steelers covet.

2B. Jeremy Attaochu OLB Georgia Tech - Replacement for Woodley in case Jones or Worilds falters.

2C. Louchiez Purifoy CB Florida - Ike's replacement in 2015.

3A. Deone Bucannon S Washington State - Learn behind Troy and play S in Nickel and Dime allowing Thomas to cover the slot.

3B. Jared Abbrederis WR Wisconsin - High character, highly productive polished route runner. By mid season he will be starting over Wheaton.

4A. Justin Ellus NT LA Tech - True Nose Tackle groom to replace McLendon in 2015. This will allow McLendon to be moved to DE in a rotational role with Heyward, Tuitt and Al Woods.

4B. Antone Exum CB/S Virginia Tech - This guy has a lot of upside and you can never have enough quality DB's just look at Seattle.

6. James White RB Wisconsin - Running back with some receiving skills to sub for Bell when needed.

7. Crockett Gilmore TE Colorado State - Productive Senior season along with an impressive Senior Bowl.

I know this draft is heavy on Defense but I feel we really need to reload the defense. The scheme of the Steelers Defense has proven to work...we lack the talent. I believe we are pretty much set on Offense. The Steelers are not going to go WR early. The draft is to deep at that position and they don't even know what they have in Wheaton yet. I would have loved to have gotten Ebron along with a big WR but we need to solidify the D. I think we will all be pleasantly surprised by Abbrederis. Let me know how realistic you think this is.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely unrealistic. No one is going to trade a 2nd and 3rd for Woodley with his contract, age and disappearing acts the last few years.

We would be lucky to get a 3rd for him, and probably wouldnt even get that.

Beyond that, I dont really like the draft. Tuitt isnt bad but I dont think he is anything special or something that will instantly improve our OLine.

I dont really LIKE any of the players you drafted. Most are just players I am either neutral on, dont like or dont know.

It would depend on how the draft fell, but if we did pull off that Madden trade of Woodley, I would probably stay at 15 and take the BPA since I do think there will be someone there that would be worth the pick.

I would honestly rather stay at 15 and take Hageman than trade down and take Tuitt....but I wouldnt really want a DE at 15 either.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Completely unrealistic. No one is going to trade a 2nd and 3rd for Woodley with his contract, age and disappearing acts the last few years.

We would be lucky to get a 3rd for him, and probably wouldnt even get that.

He didn't say a 2nd and a 3rd... he said the jets 2nd Third round pick

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Steel Resolve

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woodley was traded for a single third rounder only. The Jets have a ton of cap space and would be foolish enough to do this.

I prefer Tuitt over Hageman. Tuitt was a lot more productive in college. You are drafting Hageman strictly based on potential. I prefer substance over style. I believe another solid DE will make all the difference in the world for the whole defense.

Shazier to me would be like having a bigger Polumalu at Linebacker. The Steelers are looking for this type of linebacker at middle LB with skills to cover the TE and RB's. The days of a thumper at MLB are gone.

The Steelers are big on OH St. Guys so if he is their in the second I think he will get a serious look from the Steelers.

Sorry to say but the only way I see the Steelers getting back into contention quickly is with a Madden like draft.
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Steelers don't trade back in R1, and there's some good arguments behind that. Teams that stockpile draft picks really haven't ended up with the hauls draftnicks think. It's usually better to stay put.
2. The Jets GM isn't an idiot or desperate like Tannenbaum. Trading Woodley is also a net cap loss.
3. I hate a lot of these players.

Quote:

Shazier to me would be like having a bigger Polumalu at Linebacker. The Steelers are looking for this type of linebacker at middle LB with skills to cover the TE and RB's. The days of a thumper at MLB are gone.

I don't see any of it in Schazier. The athleticism, the hitting, the decisiveness I like from LB's are absent. I see a lot of cheap tackle stats. Guys like Bowman, Willis, Kuechly are athletic, but they are also hitters.

Quote:

I prefer Tuitt over Hageman. Tuitt was a lot more productive in college. You are drafting Hageman strictly based on potential. I prefer substance over style. I believe another solid DE will make all the difference in the world for the whole defense.

Hageman isn't a Steelers player, despite the hype. Small school, and questions over his motor. Tuitt is a JAG. They will take Nix before they would touch Tuitt.

Only players I like in this draft are Attaochu and Abbrederis (underrated). Ellis is interesting.
"Roger Goodell, who’s a crook and a puppet, said I was the dirtiest player in the league. If that man was on fire and I had to [urinate on him] to put him out, I wouldn’t do it. I hate him and will never respect him.”~James Harrison
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... don't like the mock much; even I would like a NT (Ellis from LT or Carrethers from Ark St) but right now, realistically I don't see Steelers drafting either them sadily. I argued and told some of my friends that I do see one position that Steelers will be agressive with for the free agency- a nose tackle. There are some good FAs available and if that's the case and supposely we resign Ziggy Hood, we have an influx of McLendon/Hood at DE with a FA (Soliai/Jolly/FA) with Al Woods at NT.

Which mean, I really only see us getting either an offensive weapon or a pass-rusher in first. That, of course if one of the top three falls. I will make a mock of my own soon and I do see why you made them that way. Shazier/athletic LB would ONLY works if we have a true stuffing NT (Farrior with Hampton/Hoke for example) .

Bottom line, I like some players but not for us.
95lloyd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trades seem unrealistic to me although I like a lot of the players.

Love Purifoy and Abbrederis, no problem with Buchanon, Shazier or Ellis either.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: