You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rusteze's 28 Offseason and Mock

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rusty28264

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:38 am    Post subject: Rusteze's 28 Offseason and Mock Reply with quote

Re-sign
Everson Griffen: We keep one of our young defenders that continues to develop and also make DE less of a need
Chris Cook: Signed on a one year make or break it deal to see if Zimmer can salvage anything
J'Marcus Webb
Joe Berger
Jerome Simpson

Cut or Unsigned
Matt Cassel
Josh Freeman
Jared Allen
Kevin Williams
Desmond Bishop
Fred Evans
Larry Dean
Marvin Mitchell
Joe Webb
Matt Asiata
Charlie Johnson
Toby Gerhart
Erin Henderson

Free Agents:
Linval Joseph NT : We finally get the NT we've missed since Pat retired
Jon Asamoah OG : We sign a young lineman to finally complete our line

[/b]Draft

Round 1 (Cool: Blake Bortles, QB, UCF: Hopefully this ends it all for a long time. We haven't had a true franchise quarterback since his UCF ulum Dante Culpepper and we need to find our guy.

Round 2 (40): Lamarcus Joyner, S, FSU: With our next pick we start fixing the defense choosing to begin in the secondary. This allows us to have Harrison Smith play closer to the line of scrimmage letting Joyner play the back end and possibly playing nickel also.

Round 3 (72): Christian Jones, OLB, FSU: We dip back into Tallahassee but this time we get an athletic linebacker that we desperately need that play the strong side in Zimmer's defense

Round 3 (96): Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB, Nebraska: We dip back into the secondary pool and take a big corner that can take over if Cook doesn't workout

Round 4 (104): Aaron Lynch, DE, USF: Here we get a guy who didn't live up to the hype after his freshman year at Notre Dame but comes in as our third DE and hopefully develops into what his potential is.

Round 5 (155): Devonte Freeman, RB, FSU: We get Norv a do it all scat back that doesn't have wear and tear because of splitting carries his whole career and is great out of the backfield.

Round 6 (168): Andrew Jackson, MLB, Western Kentucky: A tough physical tackler that could be a development project for the coaches

Round 7 (200): Aaron Murrey, QB, Georgia: Dropping this far because of injury, we double dip at QB and have a developmental project under center

Depth Chart

QB: Blake Bortles: Christian Ponder: Aaron Murrey
RB: Adrian Peterson: Devonte Freeman
FB: James Felton
WR: Greg Jennings, Cordarrelle Patterson, Jarius Wright, Jerome Simpson, Greg Childs
TE: Kyle Rudolph, John Carlson, Rhett Ellison
OT: Matt Kalil, Phil Loadholt, JaMarcus Webb
OG: Jon Asamoah; Brandon Fusco: Joe Berger
C: John Sullivan

DE: Brian Robison, Everson Griffen, Aaron Lynch
DT: Shariff Floyd
NT: Linval Joesph ; Letroy Guion
WLB: Chad Greenway; Gerald Hodges
MLB: Audie Cole; Michael Mauti, Andrew Jackson
SLB: Christian Jones
CB: Xavier Rhodes, Chris Cook, Josh Robinson, Stanley Jean- Baptiste, Marcus Sherels, Shaun Prater
SS: Harrison Smith, Andrew Sendejo
FS: Lamarcus Joyner, Robert Blanton
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: Rusteze's 28 Offseason and Mock Reply with quote

rusty28264 wrote:
Depth Chart

QB: Blake Bortles: Christian Ponder: Aaron Murrey

is it just me, or is assigning the word "deep" to that group a misnomer...?

Everson Griffen: We can be special. But its up to us.
battle2heaven

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mock seems pretty realistic to me. I'm not as high on Bortles as some others but if he becomes a Viking, I wouldn't throw my remote at the tv or anything.

Joseph is gunna cost a lot, but if he's the premeire FA signing, at least its money spent on a young, talented player in a position of great need.

I LOVE the Joyner, Jones, Lynch picks. Jean-Baptiste is so so for me. He has nice size, but that's really all i covet about him at the moment. Aaron Murray is eh, but it's a 7th rounder, can't really harp too much on it.

All in all, pretty solid.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very nice draft.

Joyner, Jones, Jean-Baptiste, Jackson is a nice defensive combination
Adding a big NT (Linval), is a Zimmer like move.
Asamoah is a solid LG addition

Retaining Griffen and Cook is very good as well

Bortles at #8 is a fair position for him

Well Done
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done. That would be a good offseason I believe.
jshowers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be scared to death of our QB situation to be honest.

Bortles is a work in progress mechanically and a poor downfield thrower at this point, Ponder is Ponder, and Murray is the 6', 200 pound try-hard QB from Georgia with decent mobility but just tore his ACL and hasn't shown to be a consistently good decision maker with the football.

I also would not be comfortable with Christian Jones as a starter right away. I've come to the conclusion that he's too raw and cannot stack blocks/hold up at the point. Needs to add bulk and strength because he's all speed/athleticism right now.

I do like free agency, though I wish we came away with a CB (even a middling depth guy) but Joseph and Asamoah are good pick-ups at positions I would like to address in FA rather than early in the draft.

Not a fan of resigning Simpson though, and it may be unrealistic to assume Childs makes the team, though we can hope.
tev_dodd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, that's a 6 win team, tops, next year. You somehow found a way to not improve the CBs.....SJB needs to be the starter for me to think about getting on board.

This is why I advocate against the use of an early pick on a safety. I have been a semi-supporter of Cook in the past, but after 2013, and his off-field stuff, he doesn't deserve a prove-it deal. After all, without looking at the stats, he probably allowed more receiving TDs than the entire Seahawks team.

Even if you call SJB the starter, our team is very weak at DT/NT. Joseph can play, but Floyd had a disappointing rookie year. Guion as the only back-up isn't realistic.
Boda

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like most of it.

I'm a big Bortles fan as well as Jones & Joyner.
DJpillz317

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good mock, possibly the best one I've seen yet. Fantastic job! I doubt Bortles will fall to us though.

Prediction: Derek Carr = next Brandon Weeden; Zach Mett will be a good starter; Manziel will be a STAR.
Blake Bortles is going to be a Viking
jam8891

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

battle2heaven wrote:
The mock seems pretty realistic to me. I'm not as high on Bortles as some others but if he becomes a Viking, I wouldn't throw my remote at the tv or anything.

Joseph is gunna cost a lot, but if he's the premeire FA signing, at least its money spent on a young, talented player in a position of great need.

I LOVE the Joyner, Jones, Lynch picks. Jean-Baptiste is so so for me. He has nice size, but that's really all i covet about him at the moment. Aaron Murray is eh, but it's a 7th rounder, can't really harp too much on it.

All in all, pretty solid.

I would throw my remote at the tv.

Good draft overall though

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: