Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

full coaching staff announced
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 75233
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: full coaching staff announced Reply with quote

HEAD COACH
Mike Zimmer

COORDINATORS
George Edwards
Defensive Coordinator

Mike Priefer
Special Teams Coordinator

Norv Turner
Offensive Coordinator

ASSISTANTS
Robb Akey
Assistant Defensive Line

Jeff Davidson
Offensive Line

Ryan Ficken
Assistant Special Teams

Johnathan Gannon
Assistant Defensive Backs / Quality Control

Jerry Gray
Defensive Backs

Jeff Howard
Defensive Assistant

Klint Kubiak
Assistant Wide Receivers / Quality Control

Andre Patterson
Defensive Line

Drew Petzing
Coaching Assistant

Kevin Stefanski
Tight Ends

George Stewart
Wide Receivers

Scott Turner
Quarterbacks

Kirby Wilson
Running Backs

Adam Zimmer
Linebackers

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Vikings-Announce-2014-Coaching-Staff/f402c1d8-e851-45df-937e-8d343f1a4324
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 75233
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zimmer: “I am very excited about the coaching staff that we put together. Rick Spielman and I spent a lot of time talking to numerous candidates to ensure that we found the right coaches for this organization. Building a team that consistently wins all starts with coaching. We have an experienced and diverse staff that will work tirelessly to get the most out of our players. This offseason will be a great chance for us to work together and prepare for the upcoming season.”

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Vikings-Announce-2014-Coaching-Staff/f402c1d8-e851-45df-937e-8d343f1a4324
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SodakViking


Joined: 02 Oct 2011
Posts: 1670
Location: 605
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love that we retained Stewart, Priefer, and Davidson.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gopherwrestler


Joined: 20 Jan 2014
Posts: 632
Location: Sioux Falls
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Klink the son of Gary Kubiak?
_________________

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 75233
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
Is Klink the son of Gary Kubiak?

i'm not seeing the resemblance:


_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gopherwrestler


Joined: 20 Jan 2014
Posts: 632
Location: Sioux Falls
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote



Klint
_________________

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Robbroy45


Joined: 06 Aug 2009
Posts: 3711
Location: SUNY Fredonia
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yessir, he is indeed
_________________


Heimdallr wrote:
Watching the game with two pcers fans.

Beer s good
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 75233
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klint Kubiak
Assistant Wide Receivers / Quality Control

this will be Klint Kubiak's second year on the coaching staff:


Joining the Vikings in 2013, Klint Kubiak brings unique experience to the staff in his first NFL coaching experience. Kubiak will assist veteran WRs coach George Stewart as the Offensive Quality Control Coach.

Kubiak, who is the son of Texans Head Coach Gary Kubiak, spent the last three seasons on staff at Texas A&M. Kubiak served in multiple capacities in his time at College Station. In 2010 and ’11, Kubiak was an Offensive Assistant for an Aggie offense that ranked No. 7 and No. 20 in total offense, respectively. In 2012 he served as the Inside Receivers Coach and assisted with Special Teams before being elevated to full-time WR coach for the Cotton Bowl preparation and game which the Aggies beat Oklahoma. Texas A&M ranked No. 3 in total offense in 2012 and finished 11-2 while being ranked No. 5 in both the final AP and Coaches polls.

http://www.vikings.com/team/coaches/klint-kubiak/4c399215-c7d5-4963-996b-d6874e758360


now, is Jonathan Gannon related to Rich?
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
battle2heaven


Joined: 10 Jan 2014
Posts: 776
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Klint Kubiak
Assistant Wide Receivers / Quality Control

this will be Klint Kubiak's second year on the coaching staff:


Joining the Vikings in 2013, Klint Kubiak brings unique experience to the staff in his first NFL coaching experience. Kubiak will assist veteran WRs coach George Stewart as the Offensive Quality Control Coach.

Kubiak, who is the son of Texans Head Coach Gary Kubiak, spent the last three seasons on staff at Texas A&M. Kubiak served in multiple capacities in his time at College Station. In 2010 and ’11, Kubiak was an Offensive Assistant for an Aggie offense that ranked No. 7 and No. 20 in total offense, respectively. In 2012 he served as the Inside Receivers Coach and assisted with Special Teams before being elevated to full-time WR coach for the Cotton Bowl preparation and game which the Aggies beat Oklahoma. Texas A&M ranked No. 3 in total offense in 2012 and finished 11-2 while being ranked No. 5 in both the final AP and Coaches polls.

http://www.vikings.com/team/coaches/klint-kubiak/4c399215-c7d5-4963-996b-d6874e758360


There's your Vikings/Manizel connection.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SodakViking


Joined: 02 Oct 2011
Posts: 1670
Location: 605
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

battle2heaven wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Klint Kubiak
Assistant Wide Receivers / Quality Control

this will be Klint Kubiak's second year on the coaching staff:


Joining the Vikings in 2013, Klint Kubiak brings unique experience to the staff in his first NFL coaching experience. Kubiak will assist veteran WRs coach George Stewart as the Offensive Quality Control Coach.

Kubiak, who is the son of Texans Head Coach Gary Kubiak, spent the last three seasons on staff at Texas A&M. Kubiak served in multiple capacities in his time at College Station. In 2010 and ’11, Kubiak was an Offensive Assistant for an Aggie offense that ranked No. 7 and No. 20 in total offense, respectively. In 2012 he served as the Inside Receivers Coach and assisted with Special Teams before being elevated to full-time WR coach for the Cotton Bowl preparation and game which the Aggies beat Oklahoma. Texas A&M ranked No. 3 in total offense in 2012 and finished 11-2 while being ranked No. 5 in both the final AP and Coaches polls.

http://www.vikings.com/team/coaches/klint-kubiak/4c399215-c7d5-4963-996b-d6874e758360


There's your Vikings/Manizel connection.


Or a Mike Evans connection.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gopherwrestler


Joined: 20 Jan 2014
Posts: 632
Location: Sioux Falls
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SodakViking wrote:
battle2heaven wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Klint Kubiak
Assistant Wide Receivers / Quality Control

this will be Klint Kubiak's second year on the coaching staff:


Joining the Vikings in 2013, Klint Kubiak brings unique experience to the staff in his first NFL coaching experience. Kubiak will assist veteran WRs coach George Stewart as the Offensive Quality Control Coach.

Kubiak, who is the son of Texans Head Coach Gary Kubiak, spent the last three seasons on staff at Texas A&M. Kubiak served in multiple capacities in his time at College Station. In 2010 and ’11, Kubiak was an Offensive Assistant for an Aggie offense that ranked No. 7 and No. 20 in total offense, respectively. In 2012 he served as the Inside Receivers Coach and assisted with Special Teams before being elevated to full-time WR coach for the Cotton Bowl preparation and game which the Aggies beat Oklahoma. Texas A&M ranked No. 3 in total offense in 2012 and finished 11-2 while being ranked No. 5 in both the final AP and Coaches polls.

http://www.vikings.com/team/coaches/klint-kubiak/4c399215-c7d5-4963-996b-d6874e758360


There's your Vikings/Manizel connection.


Or a Mike Evans connection.


Or a Jake Matthews connection.
_________________

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJpillz317


Joined: 21 Oct 2012
Posts: 724
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
SodakViking wrote:
battle2heaven wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Klint Kubiak
Assistant Wide Receivers / Quality Control

this will be Klint Kubiak's second year on the coaching staff:


Joining the Vikings in 2013, Klint Kubiak brings unique experience to the staff in his first NFL coaching experience. Kubiak will assist veteran WRs coach George Stewart as the Offensive Quality Control Coach.

Kubiak, who is the son of Texans Head Coach Gary Kubiak, spent the last three seasons on staff at Texas A&M. Kubiak served in multiple capacities in his time at College Station. In 2010 and ’11, Kubiak was an Offensive Assistant for an Aggie offense that ranked No. 7 and No. 20 in total offense, respectively. In 2012 he served as the Inside Receivers Coach and assisted with Special Teams before being elevated to full-time WR coach for the Cotton Bowl preparation and game which the Aggies beat Oklahoma. Texas A&M ranked No. 3 in total offense in 2012 and finished 11-2 while being ranked No. 5 in both the final AP and Coaches polls.

http://www.vikings.com/team/coaches/klint-kubiak/4c399215-c7d5-4963-996b-d6874e758360


There's your Vikings/Manizel connection.


Or a Mike Evans connection.


Or a Jake Matthews connection.

Or a Kevin Sumlin connection...wait Think
_________________

Prediction: Derek Carr = next Brandon Weeden; Zach Mett will be a good starter; Manziel will be a STAR.
Blake Bortles is going to be a Viking
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArcticNorseman


Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2288
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andre Patterson? . . . read this is his 2nd stint as D-line coach. When was he here last? How'd we do with him back then?

I'm most interested in seeing how the DBs and LBs get coached up . . .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
since72


Joined: 16 Mar 2006
Posts: 3561
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone please explain to me what a "quality control" coach does?

I've seen that label on several coaches lately and I'm curious what they do.

Interesting that the QC coaches are also WR and DB assistants. Is there a connection there?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
since72


Joined: 16 Mar 2006
Posts: 3561
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
now, is Jonathan Gannon related to Rich?


Doesn't seem to be. Rich had two daughters.

Jonathan seems to come from a scouting background. Maybe he can find us some good quality CB's in the draft. Is that the way he's going to "assist" the DB coach?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group