Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Mock Draft with Plans for 2015
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Johnz5429


Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 1126
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: 2014 Mock Draft with Plans for 2015 Reply with quote

Looking at the future now is the time to trade Frank Gore with the value of 2-3 more good years for a future 1st rounder because in 2015 the best runner to come out of college since Adrian Peterson will be available. Todd Gurley 6’1’ 232 running a 4.49 out of Georgia is a combination of both speed and power. The suggested trade partner is Cleveland who needs a running back ASAP. The Forty-Niners can platoon Hunter and Lattimore for a year. Cleveland is to pick #6 in 2015 according to projections (1600) points plus say #30 (620) could get us to #3 if need be to draft Gurley. Then a top flight TE blocker and pass catcher, plus speed WR with return ability in 2015 if needed.

As for FA I think we should target Jared Allen #1 and if not him then Michael Johnson #2. If we get Allen our D-line could be Aldon Smith on one side with Justin Smith and the other Ray McDonald with Jared Allen. Since we play mostly 4-3 defense called a 3-4 hybrid anyhow this would ideal. Play Ahmad Brooks and Navarro Bowman at OLB plus Patrick Willis MLB. I see this as an instant upgrade in pass rush for 3-5 years. I believe Allen would jump at the chance to return to his California bay area roots and play for a Super Bowl Ring.

We should cut ties with Goodwin, Rodgers, Manningham, Tukuafu and Dobbs. I think Brown will walk. We should keep Boldin, Whitner, Skuta, Wilhoite and either Wright or Cox. We could lose Skuta an d if our new CB work out Wright/Cox might be expendable. Make a decision about that after train camp and see who performs. Dobbs could be let go if McCullers works out. Taking this into account I think we should draft accordingly.

#30-Kelvin Benjamin, WR 6”5 234 4.55 Instant Red Zone Threat
#48- Dion Bailey, SS 6’0 210 4.60 Trade up with Cowboys #61& #94
Calvin Pryor my first choice will be off the board
#55- Travis Swanson, C 6”4 305 5.05 Instant Starter
#61- Trade up with Dallas
#77- Loucheiz Purifoy, CB 6’1 189 4.40 Instant Starter
#94- Trade with Dallas
#97- Keith McGill, CB 6’3 205 4.48 Big corner and starter the following year
#126-Daniel McCullers, NT 6’8 360 5.45 A load to move in center when in 3-4
#140- Trade with Titans Andrew Jackson, ILB 6’1 265 4.71 Good depth
#158-Stepen Morris, QB 6’2 214 4.71 A new toy for Harbaugh to develop
#189-Trade to Titans
#219- Jeff Janis, WR 6’2 212 4.32-4.43 Speed WR
#220 Trade to Titans + our 2014 4th rounder
#222-Trade to titans + our 2014 4th rounder

This gives us our big target in red Zone for jump balls plus he has some speed. Benjamin is the best receiver available at this pick. Jordan Mathews is my second choice. We get my second choice for SS in Bailey, because Pryor my #1 choice will be gone early in 1st I believe in the top twenty. My favorite CB in draft speed and size plus cover ability as press corner. Swanson is and instant starter to replace Goodwin. McGill next year will be 3RD CB with size and speed. Andrew Jackson could start in place of Bowman adequate but not of Bowman’s caliber.

QB-Kaepernick, McCoy, Morris 28
FB-Miller, Dixon
RB-Lattimore, Hunter
WR1-Boldin, Benjamin, Baldwin, Janis
WR2-Crabtree, Patton, Osgood
TE-Davis, McDonald, Celek
LT-Staley
LG-Iupati, Looney
C_ Swanson, Kilgore
RG-Boone, Snyder
RT-Davis

P-Lee
K-Dawson
LS-McDermott
PR/KR-Janis, Patton, Cox (?)

LDT-McDonald, Dorsey, Dial 27
NT- Williams, McCullers
RDT-J. Smith, Carradine, Jerrod-Eddie
OLB-Brooks, Lemonier
ILB-Bowman, Jackson
ILB-Willis, Wilhoite
OLB-A. Smith, Skuta
CB-Purifoy, McGill
CB-Culliver, Brock, Wright or Cox
FS-Reid, CJ Spillman
SS-Whitner, Bailey, Dahl
Pass Rusher-Allen DE in 4-3

In a 4-3 our defense would look like this: Pretty Awesome
DE-Allen
DT-McDonald/Dorsey
DT- J. Smith, Carradine
DE- A. Smith
OLB-Brooks
MLB-Willis
OLB- Bowman
RCB-Purifoy NCB-Brock/McGill
LCB-Culliver
FS-Reid
SS-Whitner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13136
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You lost me at trading Gore for a first rounder. Not happening. Just, not...
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Johnz5429


Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 1126
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me see Joe Montana got traded and Jerry Rice got traded why not Frank Gore. It is the nature of pro football. I do appreciate your input!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13136
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnz5429 wrote:
Let me see Joe Montana got traded and Jerry Rice got traded why not Frank Gore. It is the nature of pro football. I do appreciate your input!



Because no one is gonna give up a first rounder, no matter what year, for Gore. Aging players don't fetch first rounders. We got Anquan Boldin for a sixth, and that's pretty much the most any team will possibly offer for him. If we only get a sixth, there's no point in trading him. I'd rather we just re-structure his deal to lessen his cap hit. If we traded him, we'd still have dead money on our cap. I'd rather keep some more money on the cap, actual live (as in not dead) money, and keep Gore's production. No one will trade a first for him. No one.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 13746
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I love Gore and would love for him to finish his career here, I could see us letting him go. But at his age and with his wear and tear he'd probably be worth only a 5th. RBs are just not valued very much. And for a first rounder Cl could have their pick of any RB in the entire draft.

I do like your 4-3 alignment. With Bowman out for at least half a year, if we're lucky he'll be back for the second half season, using 3 LBs and 4 d-line would be nice - as long as we have a pass rusher like Allen to line up on the other side from Aldon.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 22644
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just not a Benjamin fan. Too much of a boom or bust prospect for me.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 8729
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
You lost me at trading Gore for a first rounder. Not happening. Just, not...

not even in madden

with his cap hit and age. maybe a 4 or 5. MAYBE
and we wouldnt do him like that either
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 6934
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: 2014 Mock Draft with Plans for 2015 Reply with quote

Johnz5429 wrote:
Looking at the future now is the time to trade Frank Gore with the value of 2-3 more good years for a future 1st rounder because in 2015 the best runner to come out of college since Adrian Peterson will be available. Todd Gurley 6’1’ 232 running a 4.49 out of Georgia is a combination of both speed and power. The suggested trade partner is Cleveland who needs a running back ASAP. The Forty-Niners can platoon Hunter and Lattimore for a year. Cleveland is to pick #6 in 2015 according to projections (1600) points plus say #30 (620) could get us to #3 if need be to draft Gurley. Then a top flight TE blocker and pass catcher, plus speed WR with return ability in 2015 if needed.

As for FA I think we should target Jared Allen #1 and if not him then Michael Johnson #2. If we get Allen our D-line could be Aldon Smith on one side with Justin Smith and the other Ray McDonald with Jared Allen. Since we play mostly 4-3 defense called a 3-4 hybrid anyhow this would ideal. Play Ahmad Brooks and Navarro Bowman at OLB plus Patrick Willis MLB. I see this as an instant upgrade in pass rush for 3-5 years. I believe Allen would jump at the chance to return to his California bay area roots and play for a Super Bowl Ring.

We should cut ties with Goodwin, Rodgers, Manningham, Tukuafu and Dobbs. I think Brown will walk. We should keep Boldin, Whitner, Skuta, Wilhoite and either Wright or Cox. We could lose Skuta an d if our new CB work out Wright/Cox might be expendable. Make a decision about that after train camp and see who performs. Dobbs could be let go if McCullers works out. Taking this into account I think we should draft accordingly.

#30-Kelvin Benjamin, WR 6”5 234 4.55 Instant Red Zone Threat
#48- Dion Bailey, SS 6’0 210 4.60 Trade up with Cowboys #61& #94
Calvin Pryor my first choice will be off the board
#55- Travis Swanson, C 6”4 305 5.05 Instant Starter
#61- Trade up with Dallas
#77- Loucheiz Purifoy, CB 6’1 189 4.40 Instant Starter
#94- Trade with Dallas
#97- Keith McGill, CB 6’3 205 4.48 Big corner and starter the following year
#126-Daniel McCullers, NT 6’8 360 5.45 A load to move in center when in 3-4
#140- Trade with Titans Andrew Jackson, ILB 6’1 265 4.71 Good depth
#158-Stepen Morris, QB 6’2 214 4.71 A new toy for Harbaugh to develop
#189-Trade to Titans
#219- Jeff Janis, WR 6’2 212 4.32-4.43 Speed WR
#220 Trade to Titans + our 2014 4th rounder
#222-Trade to titans + our 2014 4th rounder

This gives us our big target in red Zone for jump balls plus he has some speed. Benjamin is the best receiver available at this pick. Jordan Mathews is my second choice. We get my second choice for SS in Bailey, because Pryor my #1 choice will be gone early in 1st I believe in the top twenty. My favorite CB in draft speed and size plus cover ability as press corner. Swanson is and instant starter to replace Goodwin. McGill next year will be 3RD CB with size and speed. Andrew Jackson could start in place of Bowman adequate but not of Bowman’s caliber.

QB-Kaepernick, McCoy, Morris 28
FB-Miller, Dixon
RB-Lattimore, Hunter
WR1-Boldin, Benjamin, Baldwin, Janis
WR2-Crabtree, Patton, Osgood
TE-Davis, McDonald, Celek
LT-Staley
LG-Iupati, Looney
C_ Swanson, Kilgore
RG-Boone, Snyder
RT-Davis

P-Lee
K-Dawson
LS-McDermott
PR/KR-Janis, Patton, Cox (?)

LDT-McDonald, Dorsey, Dial 27
NT- Williams, McCullers
RDT-J. Smith, Carradine, Jerrod-Eddie
OLB-Brooks, Lemonier
ILB-Bowman, Jackson
ILB-Willis, Wilhoite
OLB-A. Smith, Skuta
CB-Purifoy, McGill
CB-Culliver, Brock, Wright or Cox
FS-Reid, CJ Spillman
SS-Whitner, Bailey, Dahl
Pass Rusher-Allen DE in 4-3

In a 4-3 our defense would look like this: Pretty Awesome
DE-Allen
DT-McDonald/Dorsey
DT- J. Smith, Carradine
DE- A. Smith
OLB-Brooks
MLB-Willis
OLB- Bowman
RCB-Purifoy NCB-Brock/McGill
LCB-Culliver
FS-Reid
SS-Whitner


No way will Gore fetch a first rounder. He's much more likely to be cut than traded. We also have no money to go after guys like Allen or Johnson, and that is completely against what Baalke has shown he believes in. Expect smaller signings that shore up the depth chart, in particular special teams. At most I could see us making a depth signing at safety and maybe linebacker, along with some special teams guys.

As for the draft, I'm okay with Benjamin to an extent, but right now I have Matthews, Robinson, Beckham, Adams above him. I'm not a fan for trading up for Bailey; I'm not a particularly big fan of him, and I think there's a clear 1 & 2 in the safety class (HaHa and Pryor) and then guys like Dixon, Buccannon, and Bailey who have minimal differences. I like Swanson and agree that he could probably come in and start right away. I'd be shocked if Purifoy lasted that long, though he's definitely not an instant starter. Far too raw for that. He's a good year or two away, though he has a ton of potential. McGill I'm interested in, even with his age being what it is. Big corner; need to see how fluid he is, but I'd like this pick.

Don't like McCullers; we have 2 nose tackles as it is, plus Dial will be around next year. I'd probably swipe this out for a quarterback or possibly even another receiver or offensive lineman. I'm a fan of Jackson, so I'll take that pick. Morris is a waste of a pick; there are much better quarterback options available with much higher potential, especially if we swap out McCullers for a quarterback. There are even QB's who will go later than this that I prefer over Morris. Janis is a nice potential guy to develop, so I'm okay with that pick, but again, I'd rather have some depth for the offensive line. Our backups were dreadful last year if anyone remembers. We need to instill some competition there.
_________________


Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
struby3


Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Posts: 3809
Location: Iowa City
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post reminded me of niners2theend. Where is that guy? Come back, we miss you!!!
_________________
And on the eighth day, God created Iowa.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 26311
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

struby3 wrote:
This post reminded me of niners2theend. Where is that guy? Come back, we miss you!!!


Chilo Rachal being a beast because he is from Compton was one of the funniest things I have ever heard on these boards Laughing .
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13136
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

struby3 wrote:
This post reminded me of niners2theend. Where is that guy? Come back, we miss you!!!



After reading the first line, I checked the username to make sure, too.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 22644
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
struby3 wrote:
This post reminded me of niners2theend. Where is that guy? Come back, we miss you!!!


Chilo Rachal being a beast because he is from Compton was one of the funniest things I have ever heard on these boards Laughing .


Chilo's finest moment was during Kap's debut. We sacked Campbell, the ball bounced into the back of their end zone, and Chilo just stops and stares down at the ball for a solid two seconds.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13136
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
struby3 wrote:
This post reminded me of niners2theend. Where is that guy? Come back, we miss you!!!


Chilo Rachal being a beast because he is from Compton was one of the funniest things I have ever heard on these boards Laughing .


Chilo's finest moment was during Kap's debut. We sacked Campbell, the ball bounced into the back of their end zone, and Chilo just stops and stares down at the ball for a solid two seconds.



Well, wasn't that play an in-the-grasp sack/safety, that Campbell tried to get rid of the ball way too late, which would have been intentional grounding from the endzone, so a safety anyway? Chilo was just much smarter than we gave him credit for and didn't put on an unnecessary effort for what was to be a safety either way. He's such a cerebral player after all.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 26311
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Chilo's finest moment was during Kap's debut. We sacked Campbell, the ball bounced into the back of their end zone, and Chilo just stops and stares down at the ball for a solid two seconds.


Crazy how our OL went from being average to some how the "best" by many after we replaced Rachal then Synder with Boone Laughing.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Johnz5429


Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 1126
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
As much as I love Gore and would love for him to finish his career here, I could see us letting him go. But at his age and with his wear and tear he'd probably be worth only a 5th. RBs are just not valued very much. And for a first rounder Cl could have their pick of any RB in the entire draft.

I do like your 4-3 alignment. With Bowman out for at least half a year, if we're lucky he'll be back for the second half season, using 3 LBs and 4 d-line would be nice - as long as we have a pass rusher like Allen to line up on the other side from Aldon.



Thanks for some positive input! You maybe right about Gore was just a thought for a 4th-5th or 6th I'd say no trade also. I do believe he could fetch a second or third because he is a proven product. Mathews and Allen Robinson our other WR choices. I like Marquise Lee, but I think he will cost too much to go up for. If Calvin Pryor is still available I my go him in first possibly or even a top CB this is a nice draft for us. We need another pass rusher as well. Can't do everything in draft and I think Jared Allen might give a home town discount for remain 3 or 4 years
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group