Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD '14- Bengals War Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparky151

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, our trade with Jacksonville is now official. We traded our 4th rounder to them for their 5th and 6th rounders which are near the top of each round.

We'll be on the clock with pick 132 (originally Jacksonville's 5th rounder) at 11 AM Tuesday morning (or actually probably earlier than that)

Jacksonville took QB Brett Smith of Wyoming with the pick we traded. There's a reasonable chance at least 1 of the guys we considered at 119 will still be available at 132.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky151 wrote:
Ok, our trade with Jacksonville is now official. We traded our 4th rounder to them for their 5th and 6th rounders which are near the top of each round.

We'll be on the clock with pick 132 (originally Jacksonville's 5th rounder) at 11 AM Tuesday morning (or actually probably earlier than that)

Jacksonville took QB Brett Smith of Wyoming with the pick we traded. There's a reasonable chance at least 1 of the guys we considered at 119 will still be available at 132.

Apologies 'Sparky' I haven't been following this thing closely.

Any chance of a quick summary of who we've mocked so far ?
sparky151

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
sparky151 wrote:

Sure. We signed a fair number of free agents. The main ones were re-signing MJ and Collins. We tendered Vinnie Rey and kept him. On the open market we re-signed Hawkins and Sanzenbacher along with Jacoby Jones, Jerome Simpson, Brian de la Puente, Mike Pollak, Jeron Johnson, Jason Campbell, Matt Schaub, Rashad Jennings, Vonta Leach, Dan Connor, and Cortland Finnegan. We cut Kyle Cook, BJGE, and Geathers.

In the draft we took QB Derek Carr in round 1, CB Marcus Roberson in round 2, traded our 3rd rounder to Seattle for their 2015 2nd rounder, and just traded down a few spots with Jacksonville. We gave them our 4th rounder for their 5th and 6th rounders. We're schedule to be on the clock for the Jax 5th rounder Tuesday at 11 AM Eastern time. All participation is welcome. We're not using a code list so feel free to PM me or openly post a board of who you want if you can't discuss the pick when we're on the clock. If you can discuss, even better.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky151 wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
sparky151 wrote:

Sure. We signed a fair number of free agents. The main ones were re-signing MJ and Collins. We tendered Vinnie Rey and kept him. On the open market we re-signed Hawkins and Sanzenbacher along with Jacoby Jones, Jerome Simpson, Brian de la Puente, Mike Pollak, Jeron Johnson, Jason Campbell, Matt Schaub, Rashad Jennings, Vonta Leach, Dan Connor, and Cortland Finnegan. We cut Kyle Cook, BJGE, and Geathers.

In the draft we took QB Derek Carr in round 1, CB Marcus Roberson in round 2, traded our 3rd rounder to Seattle for their 2015 2nd rounder, and just traded down a few spots with Jacksonville. We gave them our 4th rounder for their 5th and 6th rounders. We're schedule to be on the clock for the Jax 5th rounder Tuesday at 11 AM Eastern time. All participation is welcome. We're not using a code list so feel free to PM me or openly post a board of who you want if you can't discuss the pick when we're on the clock. If you can discuss, even better.

Great job man. You obviously did a better job of keeping AC, Hawk & MJ than the real front office did !!! Didn't realise we could trade picks into future years in FFMD. I'm usually too asleep (or drunk) when all this is going on to meaningfully contribute.......

Keep up the good work......
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky151 wrote:
We're schedule to be on the clock for the Jax 5th rounder Tuesday at 11 AM Eastern time.

Anyone looked @ LSU FB JC Copeland ? Has he gone yet ? Guy is a converted DT and looks a real good blocker. I know we have Vonta Leach, but I'd like to see this dude in stripes..... Looks an absolute bull......
sparky151

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
sparky151 wrote:
We're schedule to be on the clock for the Jax 5th rounder Tuesday at 11 AM Eastern time.

Anyone looked @ LSU FB JC Copeland ? Has he gone yet ? Guy is a converted DT and looks a real good blocker. I know we have Vonta Leach, but I'd like to see this dude in stripes..... Looks an absolute bull......

No fullbacks have been drafted yet. Most teams don't use one nowdays so we can find someone in the 6th or 7th round.

Picks 130 and 131 are on the clock now, then we're up.
sparky151

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tampa hasn't made pick 131 yet but we're on the clock. Anyone here?
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky151 wrote:
Tampa hasn't made pick 131 yet but we're on the clock. Anyone here?

yeah, who is on the board that we are looking at?

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
sparky151

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we were on the clock in round 4 Devonta Freeman was introduced to the discussion as an OLB. He got the most votes but since he's actually a RB I was going to send in DT Anthony Johnson of LSU as our pick since he was a common second choice. Both players are still available and Johnson seems like good value here.
sparky151

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tampa is trying to trade their overdue pick so someone else might jump in with their choice.

KC is looking to acquire late 2014 picks for 2015 picks. Philly is offering their 5th and 7th picks for an early 5th rounder, ie this pick.

I think we should just go ahead and take Anthony Johnson.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky151 wrote:
When we were on the clock in round 4 Devonta Freeman was introduced to the discussion as an OLB. He got the most votes but since he's actually a RB I was going to send in DT Anthony Johnson of LSU as our pick since he was a common second choice. Both players are still available and Johnson seems like good value here.

I dont mind anthony johnson

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
sparky151

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
sparky151 wrote:

I dont mind anthony johnson

Ok, looks like it's just you and me here so we'll take Johnson. I'd like to look for a power RB with our own 5th rounder.

We're next on the clock no later than 3 PM Wednesday.
skrILL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets looking to acquire this pick, offering CB Kyle Wilson. PM me with any interest.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky151 wrote:
I think we should just go ahead and take Anthony Johnson.

Agree 'Sparky'. This team needs more Johnsons.........
sparky151

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
Jets looking to acquire this pick, offering CB Kyle Wilson. PM me with any interest.

The draft thread lists us as on the clock but we won't actually be on the clock until tomorrow afternoon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 30 of 32

Jump to: