Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad we have brought DAT in for a private workout. I hope we grab him in the 5-7

#FreeToddGurley
Lentz33

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
Glad we have brought DAT in for a private workout. I hope we grab him in the 5-7

I almost guarantee he's taken in the 4th. It only takes one team to take the flyer.

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever happened to kerry rhodes

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
coors

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrimeyKid wrote:

I'm not exactly sure what really is going on but I've seen some people say in the past that he's become "blacklisted" because of the rumors that he's homosexual. I clearly could care less what his preferences are off the field, if the guy has talent and can help win games thats all that matters to me. I'm just not sure exactly where he's at when it comes to playing football at this point in his career.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter konz has stated that he has been living in the weight room

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
GrimeyKid wrote:

I'm not exactly sure what really is going on but I've seen some people say in the past that he's become "blacklisted" because of the rumors that he's homosexual. I clearly could care less what his preferences are off the field, if the guy has talent and can help win games thats all that matters to me. I'm just not sure exactly where he's at when it comes to playing football at this point in his career.

So he got desean jacksoned. Imma have to somehow put in a word on him to atlanta. At least for a tryout

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Chase Coffman wont be coming back.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/03/falcons-wont-be-bringing-chase-coffman-back/

Which begs the question, what exactly are we doing at TE? Just going to stick with Toilolo and add some camp-body depth?

In addition to Tight End I am scratching my head at what the F.O. is planning to do at Free Safety. It seems we haven't talked to any of the Free Agents left on the market and have not had any sort of contact with the draft prospects except for (possibly) Ed Reynolds.

How do you all think we will address these glaring needs on our roster?

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
devils1854

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/03/falcons-wont-be-bringing-chase-coffman-back/

Which begs the question, what exactly are we doing at TE? Just going to stick with Toilolo and add some camp-body depth?

In addition to Tight End I am scratching my head at what the F.O. is planning to do at Free Safety. It seems we haven't talked to any of the Free Agents left on the market and have not had any sort of contact with the draft prospects except for (possibly) Ed Reynolds.

Im not worried about the TE spot whatsoever. Matt Ryan is supposed to be a top 8ish QB, and if he cannot be successful with Julio, Roddy, Douglas, and Toilolo as his weapons, then we arent going anywhere anyway. I think we've been spoiled by TG. How many teams in the league actually have big weapons at TE? 5-7 maybe, and most, if not all, do not have the fire power that we have at receiver.

Toilolo might not be a gamebreaker like Gronk or Graham, but he is a huge body that has shown to be a nice weapon in the red zone, in limited time.

#JDI
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:

Im not worried about the TE spot whatsoever. Matt Ryan is supposed to be a top 8ish QB, and if he cannot be successful with Julio, Roddy, Douglas, and Toilolo as his weapons, then we arent going anywhere anyway. I think we've been spoiled by TG. How many teams in the league actually have big weapons at TE? 5-7 maybe, and most, if not all, do not have the fire power that we have at receiver.

Toilolo might not be a gamebreaker like Gronk or Graham, but he is a huge body that has shown to be a nice weapon in the red zone, in limited time.
I agree with the notion that when our Receivers are all healthy we won't need an elite TE and Toilolo can do everything we need him to be i.e. create opportunities in the red zone. Still, we have no depth and I would like to see us make an offer to a vet with some experience.

I am definitely more worried about FS than TE as our offense is a lineman or two away from being elite again, whereas our defense is looking porous on every level. If we can grab OT/FS/Pass Rusher in the first three rounds we should be alright but even so Safety is a position that will be lacking any viable depth as Ishmael and Motta never showed anything last year despite the opportunities provided by DeCouldnts horrible play. I just wonder if TD and co have a plan other than securing Clowney/Mack in round 1 and letting the rest of the chips fall where they will after that.

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
devils1854

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:

I agree with the notion that when our Receivers are all healthy we won't need an elite TE and Toilolo can do everything we need him to be i.e. create opportunities in the red zone. Still, we have no depth and I would like to see us make an offer to a vet with some experience.

I am definitely more worried about FS than TE as our offense is a lineman or two away from being elite again, whereas our defense is looking porous on every level. If we can grab OT/FS/Pass Rusher in the first three rounds we should be alright but even so Safety is a position that will be lacking any viable depth as Ishmael and Motta never showed anything last year despite the opportunities provided by DeCouldnts horrible play. I just wonder if TD and co have a plan other than securing Clowney/Mack in round 1 and letting the rest of the chips fall where they will after that.

Im sure we will bring in some kind of vet. TD might be waiting til after the draft to see exactly what we end up with. Who we look at might drastically change. If we get a guy like Fiederowciz in the 3rd, then we might just bring in a roster filler thats on the same level as Coffman, but if the board is less favorable, and we only get someone like a Gillmore or Grimble in the 5th or so, then TD might be more inclined to go after a Owen Daniels, Ed Dickson, or Kellen Winslow.

#JDI
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for bringing in Owen Daniels or Ed Dickson on a one year, close to vet min, prove it deal. It's not that I think that Matt can't get by without a good TE, it's just having more options, the better. Plus, our RZ offense sucks even when we have Gonzo, so imagine it without.

Hopefully this is all solved when we're 9-0 and Gonzo comes back for another season. Very Happy

Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcons reportedly sign S Rafael Bush to an offer sheet. Saints have till April 8th to match

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

We're voting on Atlanta's pick at 6 in the draft section. It would be great to have your thoughts and votes.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=545701

Cheers,

GFW
FalconsMVP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrimeyKid wrote:
Falcons reportedly sign S Rafael Bush to an offer sheet. Saints have till April 8th to match

Very happy about this, would fill the need at FS, allowing us to move that 2nd rounder to move up and get Clowney/Mack

Adopt A Falcon:

Desmond Trufant (2 tackles, 1 PD)
GFalcon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconsMVP wrote:
GrimeyKid wrote:

Very happy about this, would fill the need at FS, allowing us to move that 2nd rounder to move up and get Clowney/Mack

i think they will match but is he any good?

mack. ^
Justin Upton Stat Tracker: 12 HR 18 RBI .302 BA
Proud Air Traffic Control Student In Training!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 53 of 60

Jump to: