Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bens present/could be weapons
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelOasis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it'd be asking too much to see Coale turn into a solid contributor but hey...nobody thought Willie Parker would be very useful either so there's always a glimmer of hope.

A guy that I think would be great if he could just stay healthy like he did 2 years ago is Danario Alexander. Hes a guy, that when healthy (which is barely ever), could stretch the field. He's not a very physical receiver and I don't think he is able to run every route in the route tree, but he'd be a low cost high upside free agent signing if he were even in consideration. Liked him coming out of Mizzou...just wish he could stay healthy to prove he is a talent worthy of a roster spot.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelOasis wrote:
I think it'd be asking too much to see Coale turn into a solid contributor but hey...nobody thought Willie Parker would be very useful either so there's always a glimmer of hope.

A guy that I think would be great if he could just stay healthy like he did 2 years ago is Danario Alexander. Hes a guy, that when healthy (which is barely ever), could stretch the field. He's not a very physical receiver and I don't think he is able to run every route in the route tree, but he'd be a low cost high upside free agent signing if he were even in consideration. Liked him coming out of Mizzou...just wish he could stay healthy to prove he is a talent worthy of a roster spot.

I like Alexander as well, but as you said, he is made of glass.
BigBiss

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really like Crockett Gillmore and would be happy to give up a 4th for him
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is totally off the wall but....how many of you truly believe that Jeremy Maclin is going to be highly sought after coming back from an injury such as his? I think it's been relatively proven by a few players that AP coming back from his injury really has a lot to do with the talent and "breed" of the player. RGIII didn't respond well to coming back from a similar injury, neither did Heath Miller. Even Darrelle Revis wasn't as dominant as he once was coming back from an injury that kept him out the length of a season.

So I'm curious, do you feel strongly that Maclin will command a lot of money on the open market? If not, do you feel at all whatsoever that this is a guy that the Steelers could roll the dice on?

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
This is totally off the wall but....how many of you truly believe that Jeremy Maclin is going to be highly sought after coming back from an injury such as his? I think it's been relatively proven by a few players that AP coming back from his injury really has a lot to do with the talent and "breed" of the player. RGIII didn't respond well to coming back from a similar injury, neither did Heath Miller. Even Darrelle Revis wasn't as dominant as he once was coming back from an injury that kept him out the length of a season.

So I'm curious, do you feel strongly that Maclin will command a lot of money on the open market? If not, do you feel at all whatsoever that this is a guy that the Steelers could roll the dice on?

First off, while I dont think Maclin will break anyones bank, I do feel is going to get a nice pay day.

Secondly...What does Maclin bring to the table that we dont already have? Id rather just try to sign Sanders for likely half the price. Maclin is better, but for the cost, I think Sanders would be better value. Also, he knows the offense well enough.

If Boldin can be had at the right price, I wouldnt mind bringing him in for a year. Although I think he will stay with the 49ers.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
wwhickok wrote:

First off, while I dont think Maclin will break anyones bank, I do feel is going to get a nice pay day.

Secondly...What does Maclin bring to the table that we dont already have? Id rather just try to sign Sanders for likely half the price. Maclin is better, but for the cost, I think Sanders would be better value. Also, he knows the offense well enough.

If Boldin can be had at the right price, I wouldnt mind bringing him in for a year. Although I think he will stay with the 49ers.

Well you said it right "for the cost", because I'd only want Maclin if the market value for him was cheaper than Sanders. Because you're right at that point it makes a little sense but above it, it doesn't. I think what Maclin gives us that we don't already have, hand wise anyway, is consistency. I also wouldn't mind terribly seeing him return kicks, if we actually went after him.

Having said that, you're probably right, with his talent, he is going to bring a lot of attention.

Absolutely with you on Boldin. He is a chain mover. I think he stays with SF as well but if he didn't, I'd love to have him in Pittsburgh.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Steelers Rock

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft C.J. Fiedorowicz and sign undrafted free agent Colt Lyerla for two tight ends
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maclin is going to get 6-7 a year. There aren't any good vets I see on the market this year flying under the radar. With this draft class of WR's, and the increased production rookies are providing all over the league, I look at a pick in the top 3 rounds. And if the Steelers don't, I think they are being stupid and stubborn. Right now the way guys are ranked, I see no way that WR/TE isn't the best value in R1. And you are talking about guys who would compliment their current group perfectly and provide what their star QB has wanted for years.

Fiedorowicz is going to be DNF for the Steelers and I would bet he falls down to the 3rd/4th or later. But who knows.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get Ebron then later add a WR in the later rounds like Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers or Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss or Devin Street, WR, Pittsburgh or maybe Martavius Bryant, WR, Clemson or Cody Hoffman, WR, BYU even NEatz from buffalo...as for FA...im not too exciting about the group of WR's ....maybe James Jones? Decker would ask for too much...Boldin maybe..age is a question but he continues to produce...I would like Boldin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think Decker would be too expensive, then so would James Jones, imo.

James Jones, I honestly think is a better WR than Decker.

I'd love to have Boldin if he hits Free Agency.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New York Jets intend to attempt to sign one or both of Jeremy Maclin and Emmanuel Sanders in free agency.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
jebrick

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

middlin WR are cheap ( for an NFL player). Decker is not hot shakes. he is just tall and runs decent routes. Sanders is not tall and run decent routes. Neither has the hands of Boldin.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
jcm412

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen him play, but his numbers are crazy. Most against weaker comp, but still great stats. Davante Adams. He is a a young guy. Seems like a Tomlin pick. What's everyone's thoughts?
32houchen32

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
If you think Decker would be too expensive, then so would James Jones, imo.

James Jones, I honestly think is a better WR than Decker.

I'd love to have Boldin if he hits Free Agency.

I would have to agree with you on both points.

Boldin will ask for more then we can give him Sad
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
Maclin is going to get 6-7 a year. There aren't any good vets I see on the market this year flying under the radar. With this draft class of WR's, and the increased production rookies are providing all over the league, I look at a pick in the top 3 rounds. And if the Steelers don't, I think they are being stupid and stubborn. Right now the way guys are ranked, I see no way that WR/TE isn't the best value in R1. And you are talking about guys who would compliment their current group perfectly and provide what their star QB has wanted for years.

Fiedorowicz is going to be DNF for the Steelers and I would bet he falls down to the 3rd/4th or later. But who knows.

I agree with most of that except the bolded.

I wouldnt say its being stupid or stubborn. Not saying it WONT be, but we have no idea whats going to happen or who they value. We have so many holes that you cant say they are stupid for not going that direction if they dont happen to.

And while we could most definitely use another offensive weapon, we arent as bad off as some claim....at least not at this point. We are currently less talented on defense than offense, so they could go pretty much any direction. Just a matter of value.

That being said, I do think we will get a WR or TE early, but if we dont, I seriously doubt Ill be mad unless we go OLine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: