Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bens present/could be weapons
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
32houchen32

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Bens present/could be weapons Reply with quote

Wheaton and Moye are in CA with Big Ben.

Both are unproven, but are taking advantage that the class of 2014 or free agents can't yet.

Not saying they are going to be great because of the early work out, or that the steelers don't need to pick up a WR this offseason. Just nice to see them getting ready for possible bigger roles this coming season.

I don't believe the steelers will target a WR in the first two rounds, TE/T are different story's.

Name a WR you like in free agency that the steelers could look at, if the price is right.

If my theory is correct, who is a 3rd-7th round WR's you like?

And would you be pleased if the steelers drafted two tight ends?
wwhickok

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a scenario where we draft 2 TEs If the 2nd TE is Arthur Lynch, I'd be good with it.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
jebrick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think they need 2 TE. They need another mismatch whether it is at the TE or WR position.

If you watch the 2005 playoff games and watch Heath just rip the defenses apart you can see what they could do with another weapon.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
cbrunn2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring back Cotchery ... And look at Paul Richardson or Robert Herron with the 3rd comp or 4th
wwhickok

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely agree on Cotchery. He is a chain mover.
I also think we shouldn't necessarily double up on positions offensively unless the value is just too significant to pass up

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
95lloyd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbrunn2 wrote:
Bring back Cotchery ... And look at Paul Richardson or Robert Herron with the 3rd comp or 4th

I'd add Abbrederis to that list and look at Washington later.
mwalker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
I do not think they need 2 TE. They need another mismatch whether it is at the TE or WR position.

If you watch the 2005 playoff games and watch Heath just rip the defenses apart you can see what they could do with another weapon.

Totally agree with this.

If they go Ebron in the first, then they can go with someone like Herron later and with Wheaton and Brown (and miller), it's an interesting, diverse arsenal.

If they go with someone like Sefarin-Jenkins or Niklas (not a hybrid, but much better blocker)...then maybe they look for an outside threat, rather than a slot (which Wheaton can play)

What I really agree with, and think is essential in today's NFL, is that you need a variety of ways to be dangerous. So if they picked someone like Lee in the first (similar to Brown) then they need some size through the middle.

It's also why I believe we don't need another thumper in the backfield, someone like say...Williams from BC, the kid from LSU or WIlder, but instead need someone more fleet footed. Not saying we only need a scat back, but someone like White from Wisconsin would be interesting. Again, diversify the attack.

Some earlier-mid round receivers I think are interesting...

Cooks, OSU (Wheaton like)
Landry, LSU (not a break away speed guy, but good routes)
Moncrief, Miss
Adams, Fresno St (I think he's potentially great)
Herron, Wyoming (heard great things)
Huff, Oregon (under-rated in my opinion)
Bryant, Clemson (could be a surprise, great length)

Some later ones...

Davis, Texas (never had a QB that could show him off)
Washington, Mizzou (size)
Hoffman, BYU (same)
Norwood, Alabama (under-used, but solid)
Janis, (the small school kid everyone talks about)
Colter, NW (played QB)

Someone interesting is Tracy Moore from OSU. He's not a game breaker, but kind of poor man's Boldin at 6'1 215.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should trade Ben and Heath Miller, draft Ebron and Amaro in the first and Crackhead Lyria in the 5, and trade for Ryan Mallett. Then, trade Antonio Brown, sign Kenny Britt and draft Jordan Matthews.

amidoinitrite, ororke?
32houchen32

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
We should trade Ben and Heath Miller, draft Ebron and Amaro in the first and Crackhead Lyria in the 5, and trade for Ryan Mallett. Then, trade Antonio Brown, sign Kenny Britt and draft Jordan Matthews.

amidoinitrite, ororke?

As funny as that is. I can't really tell if your completely disagreeing with me. Or that other forum made you have a stroke....
Laughing
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No FA WR's interest me. Jacoby Ford would be a cheap option. May have more potential than he was able to show in Oakland with the revolving door they had.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to get Ebron in the draft and sign H.Nicks at a reasonable price. Not sure if injuries and down year will drive his price down enough.
gatek99

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think guys like Danny Coale and Jasper Collins can emerge into something promising. Both won't, but one can.

If we keep Sanders and Cotch we are honestly fine at WR right now. If we lose Sanders, then I wouldn't mind drafting someone high.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcm412 wrote:
Would love to get Ebron in the draft and sign H.Nicks at a reasonable price. Not sure if injuries and down year will drive his price down enough.

Nicks cant stay healthy and thats not going to change, and plus he is inconsistent. I wouldnt touch him, personally.
SteelOasis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it'd be asking too much to see Coale turn into a solid contributor but hey...nobody thought Willie Parker would be very useful either so there's always a glimmer of hope.

A guy that I think would be great if he could just stay healthy like he did 2 years ago is Danario Alexander. Hes a guy, that when healthy (which is barely ever), could stretch the field. He's not a very physical receiver and I don't think he is able to run every route in the route tree, but he'd be a low cost high upside free agent signing if he were even in consideration. Liked him coming out of Mizzou...just wish he could stay healthy to prove he is a talent worthy of a roster spot.
SteelOasis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it'd be asking too much to see Coale turn into a solid contributor but hey...nobody thought Willie Parker would be very useful either so there's always a glimmer of hope.

A guy that I think would be great if he could just stay healthy like he did 2 years ago is Danario Alexander. Hes a guy, that when healthy (which is barely ever), could stretch the field. He's not a very physical receiver and I don't think he is able to run every route in the route tree, but he'd be a low cost high upside free agent signing if he were even in consideration. Liked him coming out of Mizzou...just wish he could stay healthy to prove he is a talent worthy of a roster spot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: