Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

free agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigc421 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
Jackson certainly has some questionable associates.

I haven't seen anything so far that warrants his release though. I almost think that he just didn't get along with Chip and this is the team's excuse for dumping him.

I can't imagine how many players would become free agents if everyone who knew gang members was suddenly released.

In my world it's not O.K. to hang around with the Crips. His off field activity is sufficient for release in my books.

It's also worse having your picture taken, proving your association with an individual, in jail awaiting trial for murder.

Far to many people over look this stuff because a player has talent. Who you are, how much money you have, how much talent you have doesn't excuse you from being a responsible, law abiding citizen.

The crips are just such great guys. They deal drugs, guns, commit violent acts but its O.K. to hang with them. NOT!

Hopefully none of our guys have any ties to law enforcement or the military then

I have a great deal of respect for most of your opinions however this is simply an invalid comparison. Its beneath you and the fact you would even introduce the military or police into a comment aimed at association with illegal street gangs is pathetic.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
rob_shadows

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
rob_shadows wrote:
I'm not a mod so you don't "have" to listen to me but I'm going to say it anyway.

END THIS CONVERSATION NOW.

This thread is without a doubt going to be locked already and I'd be pretty shocked if at the very least warnings weren't handed out. It's one thing to cross the rules accidently or even intentionally but subtle but this conversation quite blatantly breaks several rules and it really needs to stop.

Oddly enough it did end. Previous to you posting if you were paying attention. Oddly enough, that is also why we DO have mods. They would recognize a finished conversation.

First, that post was a case of having to leave the computer for a few while I was typing it so it was a bit delayed.

Second, some conversations touch subjects that will always force the argument to go beyond the two posters originally involved and that's why I stated the thread was basically guaranteed to be locked. See the post above if you need to know what I mean by that. (although it's not THAT bad, it technically does continue the topic)

2014 AAL: DE Larry Webster III

Stats: N/A

2014 AAL: DE George Johnson

Tackles: 3, TFL: 1, Sacks: 1.5, QB Hits: 2
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, as others have said, get back to the conversation of free agency.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
1King

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:

Preferences on back up QB to go after?

I'm fine with drafting one, but I'd still prefer to sign a vet with some experience too, that way it would be Stafford-Vet/Rookie instead of Stafford/Rookie/Moore.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
RIP CITY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt McCoy, Matt Flynn, Kevin Kolb would be my choices. Any one of them is fine with me. Read a report that the Lions were thinking about Dan Orlovsky, I think they'd be better off with a UDFA than him.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the supposed qb coaching talent that was brought in I would think it would be a great time to bring in a young guy for them to try to develop into a good backup with upside. If Aaron Murray was still around in the 4th I mite not be opposed to using one of those extra picks on the potential investment
rob_shadows

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigc421 wrote:
With all the supposed qb coaching talent that was brought in I would think it would be a great time to bring in a young guy for them to try to develop into a good backup with upside. If Aaron Murray was still around in the 4th I mite not be opposed to using one of those extra picks on the potential investment

I've liked Brett Smith for a while and like everyone else was absolutely shocked when he wasn't even invited to the combine. If he lasts as long as most seem to think he will I'd be all for using one of the comp picks on him in the 4th. He has a lot more upside than most of the QBs your going to find in the 4th round or later (not just in this draft but in general).

2014 AAL: DE Larry Webster III

Stats: N/A

2014 AAL: DE George Johnson

Tackles: 3, TFL: 1, Sacks: 1.5, QB Hits: 2
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

Preferences on back up QB to go after?

I'm fine with drafting one, but I'd still prefer to sign a vet with some experience too, that way it would be Stafford-Vet/Rookie instead of Stafford/Rookie/Moore.

I'd be happy with Jimmy Garoppolo if he makes it to the 3rd round.

Team Stylish

Thanks to Smack for the sig!
RIP CITY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be ok with taking a QB with one of the 4th Rounders but not before that, this Draft is deep into the 3rd Round with talent at most of the other positions and there will be couple half-way decent QB projects left in Round 4. Just too much talent in this Draft to go with QB in the first 3 Rounds, IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP CITY wrote:
I'd be ok with taking a QB with one of the 4th Rounders but not before that, this Draft is deep into the 3rd Round with talent at most of the other positions and there will be couple half-way decent QB projects left in Round 4. Just too much talent in this Draft to go with QB in the first 3 Rounds, IMO.

I agree, with this. I would be all for drafting one with potential to become trade bait or just a solid backup.

We could sign a vet but honestly I don't think Kolb, Flynn or others really offer a much better chance than Kellen Moore. He isn't a great backup but he looked fine in preseason, which is all he is hopefully needed for.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
stafford=legend

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP CITY wrote:
Colt McCoy, Matt Flynn, Kevin Kolb would be my choices. Any one of them is fine with me. Read a report that the Lions were thinking about Dan Orlovsky, I think they'd be better off with a UDFA than him.
I would rather have Kellen Moore than all of them. I think drafting a qb in the late rounds or signing one as an udfa to compete with Moore as the backup would be a much better choice.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stafford=legend wrote:
RIP CITY wrote:
I would rather have Kellen Moore than all of them. I think drafting a qb in the late rounds or signing one as an udfa to compete with Moore as the backup would be a much better choice.

Moore is smart and I love the kid but he simply does not have enough to be long term NFL QB. I would prefer to bring someone else in.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
RIP CITY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stafford=legend wrote:

Not sure why, to be honest if Kellen Moore was curt tomorrow I wouldn't be surprised if he never made more than a Practice Squad anywhere else. He's definitely not better than any of those QB's, not even close. None of them are great but Kellen Moore is not the answer at backup QB.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it weren't for some serious off the field issues and our cap space, a trio of Jackson, Megatron, and Tate along with drafting Ebron...

QB: Stafford
HB: Bush/Bell
WR: Johnson/Tate/Jackson
TE: Ebron/Pettigrew

Shocked

However, Jackson has off the field issues (reportedly) and will cost a lot to bring in. I'm not a huge fan of Jackson but since we already have Johnson and Tate he would do big things in this offense.
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you take someone like AJ McCarron if he fell to the third?

I'm a bigger fan of drafting someone in the 4th or later rounds. Players like Flynn or Kolb have shown that they are very very mediocre when playing and I think a drafted QB could do the same.

Moore isn't a viable option IMO. NFL smart but doesn't have the NFL talent to go with it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 41 of 42

Jump to: