Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Film Breakdown of Bad Calls Against Seahawks NFC Cship Game
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grnmons

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Film Breakdown of Bad Calls Against Seahawks NFC Cship Game Reply with quote

I put this together after I found the video, it highlights the blatant errors and pure stupidity of the officiating. The producer can't help but see this as a rigged system and it's pretty eye opening.

Check it out
https://www.toovia.com/top/is-the-nfl-rigged
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped watching after I read Iupati is the 49ers best offensive player, and the best OL in the game Laughing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's some major reaching in this video. I'm sure any fan of any team could make the same exercise with their team and say "Look at this! This is why we didn't win the superbowl! We got screwed by the refs all year long, starting in week 1!"

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
There's some major reaching in this video. I'm sure any fan of any team could make the same exercise with their team and say "Look at this! This is why we didn't win the superbowl! We got screwed by the refs all year long, starting in week 1!"
yeah I saw this yesterday and thought it was a stretch. There's a couple things I can agree with but not much.

I'm really tired of my fellow Niner fans crying about the NFCCG still.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:

I actually ended up going back to watching the entire video, and there was some weird things going on. Not saying it was rigged like the creator of this video, but the play clock situation is a head scratcher. When Kaepernick got called for a delay of game, there was no way in hell that was 40 seconds. And Fox will usually have the play clock winding down when it is close. Even on their system it wasn't close enough for them to do so. And of course, Seattle got over 50 seconds some how when they shouldn't have. Home cooking from the clock officials?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm still watching it, and the play clock things really are a big question mark, right now. We can't say for sure it's the NFL fixing games up, but I wonder if the refs had a bet on this game...

I can understand judgement calls being missed. A wrong spot, a penalty not called. The "inches" the video mentioned at the beginning. Those happen, it's the nature of the game and having humans officiating it. But we've seen far too much issues with the play clock against us, this year. Wasn't it the previous game where the other team scored a TD and the play clock kept running down. 6-7 seconds passed and Harbaugh was having a fit. There's no excuse for that. And getting called for delay of game after a 36 seconds play clock is really outrageous.

SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinersNation wrote an article on this. I'm not going to comment on the actual game, but this quote from his article.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/2/4/5378400/49ers-seahawks-rigged-game-video-conspiracy-idiots

Quote:
Now, I do think the NFL has a problem with sometimes inferior officiating. I think there are quality referees in the NFL, but too much human element takes away from the work they are trying to do. The NFL needs centralized replay, it needs to allow challenges on penalties, and I'd even say it needs full-time referees who can train year-round and stay on top of things.

Goodell touched on centralized replays, and it NEEDS to be done. Coaches should also be able to challenge any penalty, but still only have a limit of two. We got screwed so many times on legal Whitner hits this year.[/list]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Yes, I'm still watching it, and the play clock things really are a big question mark, right now. We can't say for sure it's the NFL fixing games up, but I wonder if the refs had a bet on this game...

I can understand judgement calls being missed. A wrong spot, a penalty not called. The "inches" the video mentioned at the beginning. Those happen, it's the nature of the game and having humans officiating it. But we've seen far too much issues with the play clock against us, this year. Wasn't it the previous game where the other team scored a TD and the play clock kept running down. 6-7 seconds passed and Harbaugh was having a fit. There's no excuse for that. And getting called for delay of game after a 36 seconds play clock is really outrageous.

Like I said, FOX usually ALWAYS has their play clock running down when it is close, but even they didn't have it up on their system.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the biggest play of the game to me was probably the running into the kicker penalty.

that 2nd and 5 was definitely short too. i saw it during the game

WOAH 57 second play clock. wish we had that a couple of times Laughing
i hated how aldon just stood up after he went offsides. he did it twice in the game
the clock issues were completely ridiculous

still cant believe our d kept us in that game at the end

i think the nba is rigged. and nfl is a little as well.
but imo they dont directly pick who is going to win. but the refs will lean one way purposefully. so rigged isnt the right word, but leaning towards there

new sig... sorry alex
BlueOne

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Seahawks fan here trying to come in peace. I'll start by saying imo. you guys had the 2nd best team in football this year and were really close to a superbowl win. You're also set for another great run next year assuming the Smiths are able to stay healthy and on the football field.

I won't say there weren't some bad calls against the Niners in the NFCCG, especially the running into the punter call, but I will say Seahawks fans would sound exactly like you guys if we had lost the game. The play one of your sideline guys decked our 2nd gunner was the play Lamichael fumbled the punt, who knows if we pick that puppy up if he's down the field. The TD pass to Boldin came the play after Kaps fumble where he kicks the ball intentionally(look at the replay it's super clear he does it on purpose) from the Seahawks. A headsup play on Kaps part but a play that is a penalty that went uncalled. There's also a fumble that Walter Thurmond returns of a TD where 1 ref appears to rule fumble and the guy from across the field runs in and says he blew forward progress so it was unreviewable in the 2nd or 3rd quarter.

What I'm trying to say is every team can point to calls they think were wrong/bad and I think the NFL has a reffing quality problem/and review rule problem, not a game fixing problem.
SquadraOvest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueOne wrote:
Hi, Seahawks fan here trying to come in peace. I'll start by saying imo. you guys had the 2nd best team in football this year and were really close to a superbowl win. You're also set for another great run next year assuming the Smiths are able to stay healthy and on the football field.

I won't say there weren't some bad calls against the Niners in the NFCCG, especially the running into the punter call, but I will say Seahawks fans would sound exactly like you guys if we had lost the game. The play one of your sideline guys decked our 2nd gunner was the play Lamichael fumbled the punt, who knows if we pick that puppy up if he's down the field. The TD pass to Boldin came the play after Kaps fumble where he kicks the ball intentionally(look at the replay it's super clear he does it on purpose) from the Seahawks. A headsup play on Kaps part but a play that is a penalty that went uncalled. There's also a fumble that Walter Thurmond returns of a TD where 1 ref appears to rule fumble and the guy from across the field runs in and says he blew forward progress so it was unreviewable in the 2nd or 3rd quarter.

What I'm trying to say is every team can point to calls they think were wrong/bad and I think the NFL has a reffing quality problem/and review rule problem, not a game fixing problem.

Considering that everyone in this thread already said all that, I'm not quite sure who you are debating. This whole thread is just the result of a single fan with an overactive imagination.

That said, penalties will always even out for an entire game, let alone an entire year. It will be unfair to someone, always. Perhaps lady luck just was't on the Niners side for a few more than the normal amount of games this season, but perhaps it will even out next season for us. Who knows. Nothing is rigged, and that's well established.

In any case, like everyone has also said, "you guys deserved the Lombardi this year". You had the best defense and enough offense to make it happen. Talent wise we were pretty equal, but the breaks you need to win a championship went your way.

On the plus side, I see Seahawk fans as a less insecure fanbase now, and therefore, easier to deal with as a whole. You even see the occasional humbleness how from your side, and that's a welcome change from what we got for most of the last two years. Enjoy this feeling while it lasts as it may or may not be quite fleeting.

Who cares about the Ravens right now? Only folks in Baltimore. It's the fate of every winning team.
AMG1713

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh... I wish whoever made the video would let it go. Were there bad calls? Sure. Is it a CONSPIRACY? Not in a million years. We lost. Get over it. All eyes on next year.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMG1713 wrote:
Ugh... I wish whoever made the video would let it go. Were there bad calls? Sure. Is it a CONSPIRACY? Not in a million years. We lost. Get over it. All eyes on next year.

I would have liked a more credible video looking not at just one game, but at obvious officiating mistakes that hopefully force the NFL to take a look at its procedures. I would love an official in the booth that can use all the available technology to... I don't know... GET THE CALLS RIGHT.

This video isn't really helping the cause.

big9erfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some interesting bad calls in the game. But rigged? I doubt it. Refs are human and make bad plays just the like the offense and defense do. A little too much paranoia in this vid for me.

The worst call to me was the failure call roughing the kicker on our punt. That's a simple rule that most football fans know. The ref is back there to do one, and only one thing, see if there is contact on the kicker. And with no bodies around to obscure his vision he should clearly have seen the plant leg get hit, and pretty hard at that. He should make that call correctly 100% of the time. And since it's a matter of rule, not judgement, the league should make that reviewable. I mean that's a turnover call and turnovers are so massively important that the objective of the league ought to be to get those right 100% of the time.

The league needs to change the rule on the Bowman fumble recovery. There was no fumble in the sense of the ball hitting the ground and there being a mad scramble for it. Bowman took it away, or maybe he even caught the pass (if the ball had simply hit the ground when Bowman had first hit it would the receiver have held it long enough to be called a catch?). In any case, Bowman had it firmly in his grasp and went to the ground holding the ball. At that point the play should be over just like any other play when a player has the ball in his grasp and goes down. While laying on the ground and holding the ball, and dealing with the impact of a torn up knee, a guy comes and takes it out of his hands. So what? He was already down with firm and complete control of the ball. That needs to be called a fumble recovery, and if current league rules don't allow that, or don't allow it to be challenged, they need to change.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The clock problems are the things that stand out most to me. I'm not saying we got screwed but for real, do we ever go a game without Harbs losing his mind over the clock? That man watches the clock like no one I have ever seen. With the way he rides the refs I wouldn't be a bit shocked if they cheated him out of a few seconds here and there on purpose. We always seem to be the victims of some clock mismanagement stuff, and every single time, Harbaugh goes ballistic over it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: