Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BOWMAN TO HAVE SURGERY TODAY
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: BOWMAN TO HAVE SURGERY TODAY Reply with quote

Quote:
49ers ILB Navorro Bowman is undergoing surgery on his left knee Tuesday.
Dr. James Andrews will perform the reconstruction of Bowman's left ACL in Pensacloa, Fla. Bowman suffered the gruesome knee injury that wrecked his ACL and MCL in the NFC Championship game three Sundays ago. Bowman has his youth working in his favor -- he's just 25 -- but is highly questionable for Week 1.

Frisco$finest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw him in his cap and hospital gown on Intsagram. At least he is in high spirits about the whole thing.

Get healthy Navarro!!! Lets finish this thing in 2014!
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frisco$finest wrote:
Just saw him in his cap and hospital gown on Intsagram. At least he is in high spirits about the whole thing.

Get healthy Navarro!!! Lets finish this thing in 2014!

Bowman will get the triple crown this year.. Comeback player of the year, DPOY and SB MVP =)
TheDudeAbides

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any reports on progress post-surgery?

I can't wait to cheer the man next season whenever he comes to CenturyLink. Well, as long as he doesn't rip up my poster, heh.

Get well, dude.

TommyC376 on the Sig
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDudeAbides wrote:
Any reports on progress post-surgery?

I can't wait to cheer the man next season whenever he comes to CenturyLink. Well, as long as he doesn't rip up my poster, heh.

Get well, dude.

Nope no word yet as far as I know.
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://instagram.com/p/kKLHMdwyAK#

He's working...
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:

He's working...

I read somewhere it was great news his MCL wasn't more damaged and there is a great chance he could return in six months since it is only one ligament that was torn?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:

He's working...

I read somewhere it was great news his MCL wasn't more damaged and there is a great chance he could return in six months since it is only one ligament that was torn?

Great News! It would be great if he's able to come back and play week one. Wouldn't it be fitting if we play Seattle in week one and BOWMAN makes the big plays to help us win the game and spoil seattle's home opener...
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Erickson ‏@49erholics 2m
Medical Expert Says Bowman Could Play Opening Day http://wp.me/p6RFX-2gd

Will NaVorro Bowman be ready to play when the season starts?
According to ESPN medical expert Stephania Bell, she says it’s possible that linebacker NaVorro Bowman could be ready play at the start of the season.

Bowman tore his MCL and ACL in the NFC Championship game on Jan 19th. Bowman had surgery to repair the ACL on Feb 4th.

‘It’s possible that he’s ready, we certainly know better to think it’s impossible,’ … ‘But I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts the season on the Physically Unable to Perform list.’

The 49ers goal is to have Bowman ready for the start of the season, so every day is critical in Bowman’s rehabilitation, says Bell.

‘As soon as the surgery is over, the rehabilitation begins,’ … ‘He has been doing things since then. The rehabilitation continues daily.’

The NFL season begins Sept. 7.

Bell said the 49ers will not have an actual return date for Bowman until the end of the rehabilitation.

‘Every recovery is different,’ … ‘But there is certainly reason to think that he will come back strong.’

rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping for the PUP. Six more weeks to recuperate and really be 100%. Not having him on defense might force other players to step up. If our D isn't as strong, it might force our offense to step it up a notch. Then he can come back strong, give the team a morale boost and work towards making the playoffs.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want him to come back when he is 100% healthy and not rush it like RG3 he did. Whilhoite is a guy who could step in for the mean time, and Willis will amp up his game even more.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
I just want him to come back when he is 100% healthy and not rush it like RG3 he did. Whilhoite is a guy who could step in for the mean time, and Willis will amp up his game even more.

Yeah, We are a good unit without Bowman but even better with him so I am all for the pup list.
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://fieldofteams.csnbayarea.com/2014/02/14/a-glimpse-inside-navorro-bowmans-rehabilitation/

Videos of bow's rehab via his GF. After ten days, he's able to walk with no crutches. Off to a good start..
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
http://fieldofteams.csnbayarea.com/2014/02/14/a-glimpse-inside-navorro-bowmans-rehabilitation/

Videos of bow's rehab via his GF. After ten days, he's able to walk with no crutches. Off to a good start..

Wow, great news!!!! Of course the process has just started, but he seems like a fast healer. I remember Dr. Andrews told some reporters TO was a rare athlete being able to walk after a few days.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:

Wow, great news!!!! Of course the process has just started, but he seems like a fast healer. I remember Dr. Andrews told some reporters TO was a rare athlete being able to walk after a few days.

Yeah it is great news!! Makes me very pumped up for this season already!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: