Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OFFICIAL FFMD '14 - San Francisco 49ers WAR ROOM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21262
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
One thing for sure is.. you simply can not have a division rival fan making approvals/rejections of your re-sign/FA proposals... just can't.
As I have now stated at least 10 times, the person who posts that the contract is accepted or denied is NOT the only person who decides that. Your contract was unanimously voted down by 5+ people.

I'd appreciate it if oldman9er stop accusing me of having any sort of vendetta against you. I could not careless what you do in FFMD, this isn't real life. I'd appreciate it if you had a high enough opinion of me to believe I'd remove bias regarding division rivals
_________________

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13130
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
One thing for sure is.. you simply can not have a division rival fan making approvals/rejections of your re-sign/FA proposals... just can't.
As I have now stated at least 10 times, the person who posts that the contract is accepted or denied is NOT the only person who decides that. Your contract was unanimously voted down by 5+ people.

I'd appreciate it if oldman9er stop accusing me of having any sort of vendetta against you. I could not careless what you do in FFMD, this isn't real life. I'd appreciate it if you had a high enough opinion of me to believe I'd remove bias regarding division rivals



So, we shouldn't have tried to make a realistic offer for our own free agent, even when all reports seem to indicate he is about to sign an offer that is quite similar to the one we made on here? I asked it earlier in this thread, but on what basis was our offer rejected? On a "we didn't feel like it" basis? FFMD would be a hundred times better if it had at least the pretention of being realistic. It could serve as a tool to understand the management of NFL teams, but instead, it's nothing more than a fantasy joke. That's why it took the sacrifice of one of my members to even take the GM job, otherwise no one would have done it, because it's just too ridiculous. And judging by your comment, you don't seem to be part of the solution.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 39793
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for clarification... I responded to a completely separate thread titled:

GM Mocking - Discussion on finding the perfect balance


where some other dude just wanted feedback on how to best run other GM draft mocks... I singled no one out there, so no need to make anything of it. If anything, you (Tat) did me a favor, and made sure that I'd save my time and efforts in making any further moves that required outside approval... so like thanks and stuff.
_________________

___
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21262
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
for clarification... I responded to a completely separate thread titled:

GM Mocking - Discussion on finding the perfect balance


where some other dude just wanted feedback on how to best run other GM draft mocks... I singled no one out there, so no need to make anything of it. If anything, you (Tat) did me a favor, and made sure that I'd save my time and efforts in making any further moves that required outside approval... so like thanks and stuff.

Spare me the speech Laughing
oldman9er wrote:
the re-sign deal was forced to be sent to an.... actual Seahawks fan.

So.. no need to wonder... welcome to FFMD... and you are all free to send in another re-sign offer to another UFA.... but I surely won't be bothering.... blah blah snooooooooze....

_________________

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21262
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
I'd appreciate it if oldman9er stop accusing me of having any sort of vendetta against you. I could not careless what you do in FFMD, this isn't real life. I'd appreciate it if you had a high enough opinion of me to believe I'd remove bias regarding division rivals



So, we shouldn't have tried to make a realistic offer for our own free agent, even when all reports seem to indicate he is about to sign an offer that is quite similar to the one we made on here? I asked it earlier in this thread, but on what basis was our offer rejected? On a "we didn't feel like it" basis? FFMD would be a hundred times better if it had at least the pretention of being realistic. It could serve as a tool to understand the management of NFL teams, but instead, it's nothing more than a fantasy joke. That's why it took the sacrifice of one of my members to even take the GM job, otherwise no one would have done it, because it's just too ridiculous. And judging by your comment, you don't seem to be part of the solution.
Is that really your argument? The fact that I don't have a vested interest in harming the 49ers, due to the fact that this isn't reality, means that I am not trying to create a realistic mock? Come on now. Go take a look at our Forum if you want. We're specifically trying to take a realistic approach to this offseason. We could wiggle our cap room around in bring in some big name players. But no, we're not going to do that. We're trying to save cap room because we know in reality we'll need that money to extend Earl and Sherm, something that isn't doable in FFMD due to the fact that teams are only allowed one extension.

As far as Boldin goes. You offered him 5M a year. A solid contract, but nothing incredible. It's very realistic that a team tries to acquire his services for 6M a year. Just because your contract is declined in the resigning period doesn't mean you can't resubmit the exact same offer to the Talent Agency. Heck, it may go through. It all depends on how much teams want to pay.

Point being with Boldin; it wasn't a bad offer, but it wasn't impressive enough to just ignore other suitors. You still have a great shot at getting him in the talent agency. We just didn't think it was quite high enough to get him to come back without listening to anyone else


You don't have any idea how many hours the people volunteering to run this mock put in for free while maintaining full time jobs. We all have a vested interest in keeping this as realistic as possible. So I guess it's already 100 times better
_________________

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 39793
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:


Look, no offense, but no one really cares at this point. My recent comment was of course a dig, but I didn't call out FFMD or you. My annoyance of the decision stayed put right here, and flickered out quickly into apathy.

So your coming here well after the fact just means to me that you are being overly defensive, as if everyone is pointing at you tonight with accusations. It's over... and no one cares. At best, it was a slight annoyance days ago... but you stirring it up here does nothing useful and seems only to serve your conscience.
_________________

___
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13130
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Point being with Boldin; it wasn't a bad offer, but it wasn't impressive enough to just ignore other suitors. You still have a great shot at getting him in the talent agency. We just didn't think it was quite high enough to get him to come back without listening to anyone else


You don't have any idea how many hours the people volunteering to run this mock put in for free while maintaining full time jobs. We all have a vested interest in keeping this as realistic as possible. So I guess it's already 100 times better



So, even though it appears evident that Boldin himself will ignore other suitors and sign an offer very similar to this one, it doesn't matter, because fake GMs are willing to offer more, so fake Boldin will ignore real Boldin... makes sense...

Honestly, I don't see the point of FFMD anymore. If volunteers, despite all their efforts, can't come even close to maintaining a level of realism, then there's no point in doing it at all. Save yourself the trouble. Save the participants the dissatisfaction of facing a delusion of realism. There are already plenty of mock drafts offered by individuals on this site that are much more realistic than this forum-wide effort. If I volunteered to entertain sick kids at a hospital and I ended up being so boring I made the children cry, I would stop doing it, nevermind it's volunteer work. I wouldn't use the fact that I volunteer to justify my flaws, just like you use volunteering as an excuse for the flaws of the FFMD.

Like oldman said, who cares...
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21262
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there are direct quotes from Boldin saying he has little to no interest in leaving, that he would take less money to stay with you, or anything else of the sort, than that would have been an excellent thing to include in your pitch. Good thing you still have a chance to include that information when it is Boldin's turn in the talent agency

I'm not coming in here to feed a guilty conscience. I came in here to settle any perceived perception that I was slighting you. I'm not helping out with FFMD for my own gain. I genuinely want every team to enjoy themselves. I want to encourage you guys in the fact that you're not out of the running for any player and that no one is gunning for you

I'd urge you to get in on the Boldin proposal and any other FA's you were considering targeting
_________________

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13130
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Point being with Boldin; it wasn't a bad offer, but it wasn't impressive enough to just ignore other suitors. You still have a great shot at getting him in the talent agency. We just didn't think it was quite high enough to get him to come back without listening to anyone else


You don't have any idea how many hours the people volunteering to run this mock put in for free while maintaining full time jobs. We all have a vested interest in keeping this as realistic as possible. So I guess it's already 100 times better



So, even though it appears evident that Boldin himself will ignore other suitors and sign an offer very similar to this one, it doesn't matter, because fake GMs are willing to offer more, so fake Boldin will ignore real Boldin... makes sense...

Honestly, I don't see the point of FFMD anymore. If volunteers, despite all their efforts, can't come even close to maintaining a level of realism, then there's no point in doing it at all. Save yourself the trouble. Save the participants the dissatisfaction of facing a delusion of realism. There are already plenty of mock drafts offered by individuals on this site that are much more realistic than this forum-wide effort. If I volunteered to entertain sick kids at a hospital and I ended up being so boring I made the children cry, I would stop doing it, nevermind it's volunteer work. I wouldn't use the fact that I volunteer to justify my flaws, just like you use volunteering as an excuse for the flaws of the FFMD.

Like oldman said, who cares...
Wow. I hope you feel better about yourself after that



Hmm, no... my self-esteem isn't tied to rants on the internet. I'm happy you contribute so much to my existence. Thank you.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21262
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Point being with Boldin; it wasn't a bad offer, but it wasn't impressive enough to just ignore other suitors. You still have a great shot at getting him in the talent agency. We just didn't think it was quite high enough to get him to come back without listening to anyone else


You don't have any idea how many hours the people volunteering to run this mock put in for free while maintaining full time jobs. We all have a vested interest in keeping this as realistic as possible. So I guess it's already 100 times better



So, even though it appears evident that Boldin himself will ignore other suitors and sign an offer very similar to this one, it doesn't matter, because fake GMs are willing to offer more, so fake Boldin will ignore real Boldin... makes sense...

Honestly, I don't see the point of FFMD anymore. If volunteers, despite all their efforts, can't come even close to maintaining a level of realism, then there's no point in doing it at all. Save yourself the trouble. Save the participants the dissatisfaction of facing a delusion of realism. There are already plenty of mock drafts offered by individuals on this site that are much more realistic than this forum-wide effort. If I volunteered to entertain sick kids at a hospital and I ended up being so boring I made the children cry, I would stop doing it, nevermind it's volunteer work. I wouldn't use the fact that I volunteer to justify my flaws, just like you use volunteering as an excuse for the flaws of the FFMD.

Like oldman said, who cares...
Wow. I hope you feel better about yourself after that



Hmm, no... my self-esteem isn't tied to rants on the internet. I'm happy you contribute so much to my existence. Thank you.
I'm not ranting. I'm explaining my position and hoping you guys will continue putting effort into the mock. I would gladly take constructive criticism on how you think it could be improved next time around
_________________

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13130
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Point being with Boldin; it wasn't a bad offer, but it wasn't impressive enough to just ignore other suitors. You still have a great shot at getting him in the talent agency. We just didn't think it was quite high enough to get him to come back without listening to anyone else


You don't have any idea how many hours the people volunteering to run this mock put in for free while maintaining full time jobs. We all have a vested interest in keeping this as realistic as possible. So I guess it's already 100 times better



So, even though it appears evident that Boldin himself will ignore other suitors and sign an offer very similar to this one, it doesn't matter, because fake GMs are willing to offer more, so fake Boldin will ignore real Boldin... makes sense...

Honestly, I don't see the point of FFMD anymore. If volunteers, despite all their efforts, can't come even close to maintaining a level of realism, then there's no point in doing it at all. Save yourself the trouble. Save the participants the dissatisfaction of facing a delusion of realism. There are already plenty of mock drafts offered by individuals on this site that are much more realistic than this forum-wide effort. If I volunteered to entertain sick kids at a hospital and I ended up being so boring I made the children cry, I would stop doing it, nevermind it's volunteer work. I wouldn't use the fact that I volunteer to justify my flaws, just like you use volunteering as an excuse for the flaws of the FFMD.

Like oldman said, who cares...
Wow. I hope you feel better about yourself after that



Hmm, no... my self-esteem isn't tied to rants on the internet. I'm happy you contribute so much to my existence. Thank you.
I'm not ranting. I'm explaining my position and hoping you guys will continue putting effort into the mock. I would gladly take constructive criticism on how you think it could be improved next time around



I wasn't saying you were ranting, I meant that I was.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21262
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Point being with Boldin; it wasn't a bad offer, but it wasn't impressive enough to just ignore other suitors. You still have a great shot at getting him in the talent agency. We just didn't think it was quite high enough to get him to come back without listening to anyone else


You don't have any idea how many hours the people volunteering to run this mock put in for free while maintaining full time jobs. We all have a vested interest in keeping this as realistic as possible. So I guess it's already 100 times better



So, even though it appears evident that Boldin himself will ignore other suitors and sign an offer very similar to this one, it doesn't matter, because fake GMs are willing to offer more, so fake Boldin will ignore real Boldin... makes sense...

Honestly, I don't see the point of FFMD anymore. If volunteers, despite all their efforts, can't come even close to maintaining a level of realism, then there's no point in doing it at all. Save yourself the trouble. Save the participants the dissatisfaction of facing a delusion of realism. There are already plenty of mock drafts offered by individuals on this site that are much more realistic than this forum-wide effort. If I volunteered to entertain sick kids at a hospital and I ended up being so boring I made the children cry, I would stop doing it, nevermind it's volunteer work. I wouldn't use the fact that I volunteer to justify my flaws, just like you use volunteering as an excuse for the flaws of the FFMD.

Like oldman said, who cares...
Wow. I hope you feel better about yourself after that



Hmm, no... my self-esteem isn't tied to rants on the internet. I'm happy you contribute so much to my existence. Thank you.
I'm not ranting. I'm explaining my position and hoping you guys will continue putting effort into the mock. I would gladly take constructive criticism on how you think it could be improved next time around



I wasn't saying you were ranting, I meant that I was.
Oh Laughing Well please, continue being active

Serious about any helpful ideas btw. What do you think about counter offers to initial resigning offers?
_________________

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 8727
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it would be a good idea and more realistic. but it also creates more work and time for the mods like you....

and oldie just said that as a quick reaction to it being declined

i also thought that it should have been accepted but i didnt put blame on you because i knew you were the messenger only. he made 6 last year and the only people interested were the vikings for a 7 and us for a 6... hes now a year older. and he has said he wants to stay here. and reports also coming out that he is almost ready to sign a deal close to the one we offered. but i can see why it was declined. the mods cant keep up with all the teams and their free agents. so in this fake offseason, i can see a reason why he would want to see what else he could get

but then like the bengals tackle. why would he not wait to see what he could get? he settled for almost the floor of what he could get play and money wise. irl he would leave that on the table, see what others are offering and if everything is comparable then go back to cinci. but almost all guys in that situation look for somewhere to start, even if its on a short prove it contract so that they can earn a starting contract on the next one

thanks for assisting in this. its fun but at times teams take advantage of certain rules and stuff and make it stray from reality. but theres not a lot of things that can be done to stop it
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21262
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
i think it would be a good idea and more realistic. but it also creates more work and time for the mods like you....

and oldie just said that as a quick reaction to it being declined

i also thought that it should have been accepted but i didnt put blame on you because i knew you were the messenger only. he made 6 last year and the only people interested were the vikings for a 7 and us for a 6... hes now a year older. and he has said he wants to stay here. and reports also coming out that he is almost ready to sign a deal close to the one we offered. but i can see why it was declined. the mods cant keep up with all the teams and their free agents. so in this fake offseason, i can see a reason why he would want to see what else he could get

but then like the bengals tackle. why would he not wait to see what he could get? he settled for almost the floor of what he could get play and money wise. irl he would leave that on the table, see what others are offering and if everything is comparable then go back to cinci. but almost all guys in that situation look for somewhere to start, even if its on a short prove it contract so that they can earn a starting contract on the next one

thanks for assisting in this. its fun but at times teams take advantage of certain rules and stuff and make it stray from reality. but theres not a lot of things that can be done to stop it
As far as your last part, that's very true. It's next to impossible to prevent. That was the whole idea behind only allowing teams to restructure to within 5M of their CAP space. It worked for the most part, I really only think two teams went out of character with the restructures.

As far as Collins goes, I wouldn't call it a blunder, but I would say that's the one player where in retrospect we weren't consistent with our strategy. That's on us as a unit, but not something we can retract

And again, as far as Boldin goes, I'd include direct quotes in your contract pitch. Not that our pitch for Bennett was anything amazing (I took no part in voting for that offer btw for those of you who are curious), but there are clever ways to get quotes in there.

Quote:
We’re a young team with an even brighter future. We want you to be a part of many more Super Bowl runs. You’ve said multiple times you want to stay in Seattle and chase more rings. You believe we can be a dynasty. You want to be loyal to your teammates. You also said you need to provide for your family and get a contract that is fair. This isn't Costco after all. I'm sure we can both agree both our possible, and that's what we believe we're offering you. You’re an excellent player and we want to give you the security you’re looking for. We hope you’ll find the following contract offer worthy of accepting.

We want to take a moment to remind you of something you said not too long ago Michael.

"It's something special, man," Bennett said. "Pete, the way he strategically does this. You see the way he took USC and made that team a dynasty, and this team can be like that because the way the salary cap is structured. There are a lot of guys who aren't up for money and are playing at a high level right now. So this team is definitely a team that can be a dynasty."


Again, I'm not great writer or salesman. But it's nice to get some "facts" in their to backup your position
_________________

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 8727
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to know.

also i remember reading in the past you majored in math (i think it was you). and today read you were a teacher. did i get that right?
if true i might pm you Very Happy
majoring in math now but kinda unsure about the option (applied, teaching, pure). leaning applied or teaching. and also contemplating grad school
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 13 of 32

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group