Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OFFICIAL FFMD '14 - San Francisco 49ers WAR ROOM
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject: OFFICIAL FFMD '14 - San Francisco 49ers WAR ROOM Reply with quote

Important FFMD Links
FFMD '14 General Discussion
FFMD '14 Rules & Schedule Thread
FFMD '14 Talent Agency
FFMD '14 Draft Thread

--- San Francisco 49ers - 2014

Staff
GM: oldman9er
AGM: Forge
Capologist: ???
Draft Consultants: ???

HC: Jim Harbaugh
OC: Greg Roman
DC: Vic Fangio

Depth Chart/Roster -- currently : 72 players
Offense

QB - Colin Kaepernick (1,630,457), Terrelle Pryor (705,000), Zach Mettenberger (668,400), Mcleod Bethel-Thompson (555,000)
RB - Frank Gore (6,450,000), Kendall Hunter (754,805), Marcus Lattimore (570,146), Alex Debniak (421,666)
FB - Bruce Miller (1,404,614)

TE - Vernon Davis (7,367,916), Vance McDonald (817,995), Larry Webster (465,000), Garrett Celek (572,000), Derrick Carrier (495,000)
SE - Odell Beckham Jr (1,772,509), Demarco Sampson (495,000), Brandon Carswell (495,000), David Reed (570,000)
FL - Michael Crabtree (4,770,443), Cody Lattimer (656,367), Chuck Jacobs (420,000)
SL - Quinton Patton (592,875), Devon Wylie (570,000)

LT- Joe Staley (3,400,000), Luke Marquardt (496,666)
LG- Mike Iupati (4,425,863), Adam Snyder (1,300,000), Chris Watt (599,633)
OC - Daniel Kilgore (685,075), Joe Looney (676,301)
RG- Alex Boone (2,590,000), Al Netter (420,000), Ryan Seymour (495,000)
RT- Anthony Davis (7,532,266), Carter Bykowski (420,000)

RE - Justin Smith (6,936,666), Tank Carradine (1,124,473), Lawrence Okoye (496,666), Mike Purcell (420,000)
NT - Glenn Dorsey (3,792,500), Ian Williams (1,283,333), Quinton Dial (540,413), Christian Topou (495,000)
LE - Ray McDonald (5,346,985), Tony Jerrod-Eddie (495,000), Jay Bromley (470,000)

WLB - Aldon Smith (4,576,727), Corey Lemonier (630,880)
MLB - Navarro Bowman (7,050,000), Nick Moody (521,918)
MLB - Patrick Willis (6,909,875), Mike Wilhoite (495,000)
SLB - Ahmad Brooks (6,600,000), Dan Skuta (1,650,000), Darius Fleming (611,200), Howard Jones (455,000)

LCB - Tramaine Brock (2,000,000), Jaylen Watkins (726,594)
RCB - Chris Culliver (1,538,719), Dax Swanson (420,000)
NCB - E.J. Gaines (700,238), Daryl Morris (495,000)

FS - Jimmie Ward (1,269,901), DJ Campbell (570,000)
SS - Eric Reid (1,927,444), C.J. Spillman (1,558,334), Craig Dahl (1,883,333), Ray Ventrone (855,000)

LS - Kevin McDermott (496,666)
K - Lawrence Tynes (955,000)
P - Andy Lee (2,400,000), Colton Schmidt (420,000)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApuMjG6_-quldEV2RTM3UUtnLXF6YzFEVTdNYkZlMGc&usp=sharing#gid=2

Top 51 Cap Space used as of 3/16 = $113,320,943 mil
Top 51 Cap Space remaining as of 3/16 = $14,179,057

49ERS 2014 DRAFT PICKS

With the #30 overall selection in the 2014 NFL Draft..
The San Francisco 49ers select....

Easy enough decision for us. SF has for years needed a young field-stretcher across from Mike Crabtree... and frankly, we believe that Odell Beckham Jr. can give us that and lots more. He excels at the streaks, deep comebacks and hitches, and can take the short passes to the house via quick separation. We believe he is one of the most pro-ready WRs in this draft, after working under Cam Cameron. I honestly didn't expect him to make it out of the top 20, so we are popping the champagne as the first day of the draft nears its end.

With the #39 overall selection in the 2014 NFL Draft..

We have a 1st round grade on Jimmie Ward, and feel he will be an excellent complement to Eric Reid as they roam the back end. Ward is a very disciplined safety, and shows excellent instincts and ball skills in coverage. He has shown the hips and speed to man up on slot WRs when necessary. Fangio wants his safeties to be interchangeable. Ward and Reid are strong tacklers that can cover a lot of ground.

With the #77 overall selection in the 2014 NFL Draft..

We are happy to select our top target leading up to this pick. We feel Jaylen Watkins is good value and fills our last big positional need as well. He's got good size, excellent speed, and fits well into our scheme. He is an effective tackler, and has the length and 4.4 speed to shadow receivers. Watkins shows good ability in locating the ball at the right time, and has the hips to change direction quickly and smoothly. With Donatell coaching him up, we expect him to contribute quickly.

With the #91 overall selection in the 2014 NFL Draft..

E.J. Gaines has been high on our list for a while now, as we regard him as a 2nd round prospect. We are happy that he was available here at the bottom of rd 3. Our secondary needed an injection of young talent, and we feel that we were very successful in accomplishing that with the additions of Ward, Watkins, and now Gaines. Along with being excellent in man coverage, E.J. is a scrappy corner and strong tackler. We feel good about Gaines as an outside corner, but may start him off at the NCB spot. Either way, young and talented depth is always welcomed.

With the #110 overall selection in the 2014 NFL Draft..

I suspect this will be a surprise pick that gets very little love... but the fall is over for Zach Mettenberger. I stubbornly insist that Zach is a top 70 prospect that will shock the draft world when selected as a 1st rd pick. Yeah... I said it... been wrong before.. but after addressing our needs, SF elects to swing for the fences here. The value is too good not to. Mettenberger has an impressive arm, and we feel he is already one of (if not the) most pro-ready QBs in this class. He takes a lot of criticism over his lack of foot speed and athleticism.. but he can utilize and climb the pocket as needed. The 49ers will patiently develop Zach over the 2014 season with the intent of getting him ready for bigger things in the near future, if need be.

With the #125 overall selection in the 2014 NFL Draft..

The 49ers have three clear winners at WR, and behind that? a lot of bodies that must prove they belong. With no grand needs left, we add a talented WR that we feel can successfully battle his way to #4 on the WR depth chart. He has solid footwork on his routes, and is an effective blocker in the run game. Cody Lattimer plays a physical brand of football, but also shows the quickness and long speed to be a balanced threat to defenses.

With the #158 overall selection in the 2014 NFL Draft..

With some large contracts looming after this season, re-signing Mike Iupati then is highly unlikely. The 49ers must prepare for such a departure, and Chris Watt is high on our list available here. Watt was a 3 year starter at LG for the Irish. He plays with intelligence and brute force... very strong and balanced. We see starter potential in him, and feel he can be ready to step up in 2015.. or earlier if need be.

With the #218 overall selection in the 2014 NFL Draft..

Despite popular belief, the 49ers are not hurting at DL. The starters are in place and excellent.. the backups getting better every day. Still... adding a young talent like Jay Bromley here in the 7th is a good thing. I would have been comfortable selecting him in the 4th rd. His game reminds me of our current starting LDE, Ray McDonald. He's a hefty moose, but has a quick first move to achieve OL penetration and QB pressure. Fangio will love to develop him over the years.

With the #219 overall selection in the 2014 NFL Draft..

The NFL has seen its share of raw football players make the conversion from basketball player to quality tight end, and the 49ers are hopeful for similar results with Webster. Though seen as more of a defensive prospect, the 49ers and coach Harbaugh feel that Webster's greatest potential impact on the football field with be on the offensive side of the football. With a 6'6" frame, 4.6 speed and 36.5 vertical, the 49ers feel Webster has all the natural raw physical tools to make him an athletic freak of a tight end ready to take over when Vernon Davis' time comes to an end in a few years.

With the #220 overall selection in the 2014 NFL Draft..

tested one of the best in each drill at the combine and improved on his 40 at the wv pro day. ran a 4.5
40.5 vert. over 10' broad. 7.16 3 cone.... yes please
he will probably end up on the practice squad or on "ir" this season. then next season once skuta leaves. he will back up aldon and brooks along with LEMONS

Added UDFAs :

DRAFT COMPLETED... WE WIN FFMD1, OF COURSE.

Last edited by oldman9er on Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:44 pm; edited 26 times in total
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRADE BLOCK

RB Lamichael James - 5th
S Craig Dahl - 7th
CB Carlos Rogers - Conditional Late Pick/Future

Last edited by oldman9er on Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:17 am; edited 2 times in total
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRANSACTIONS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

49ers tender 1 yr 495k contract to ERFA LB Mike Wilhoite.

no change to cap due to rule of 51

additional cuts:
CB / Carlos Rogers (5.105.468)
WR / Jon Baldwin (1,404,765)

cap space was : 8,202,257
cap space is : 14,712,490

SF trades RB LMJ to OAK for QB Pryor

current cap updated above

SF trades 56 + 94 + 189 to Dallas for #39

Last edited by oldman9er on Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:56 pm; edited 5 times in total
big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck guys. Hey, as part of your off season moves, can you trade Roman for an extra draft pick? Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like my lobbying for oldman as GM paid off. I should be a freaking politician. New law: Tuesday is now officially called Beerday.
Forge

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will help in whatever way I can.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:

Same here. I don't want a specific role but would like to voice my opinion here and there.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

struby3 wrote:
Looks like my lobbying for oldman as GM paid off. I should be a freaking politician. New law: Tuesday is now officially called Beerday.

meh... no one was stepping up, and they were about to put a non-49er member in as GM. Don't like the sound of that, so I put on the big-boy hat.

I don't plan to do much, other than draft. No interest in writing up proposals for FAs or demolishing the roster for chuckles.

... you there! Yes, YOU! the alcoholic politician. YOU will be required to voice opinions throughout!

big9erfan wrote:
Good luck guys. Hey, as part of your off season moves, can you trade Roman for an extra draft pick? Very Happy

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Forge wrote:

Same here. I don't want a specific role but would like to voice my opinion here and there.

We may have to GIVE away a pick to get rid of Roman. Laughing .. no, I don't think we are bothering with coaching changes in this.

... and cool. Any 49ers fan.. on "this staff" or not.. can chime in with opinions and preferences. No demands... no pressure... just lazy beer-drinking whatevz throughout.

(I have a "code" list ready, if that's even allowed anymore... have to check)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
struby3 wrote:

meh... no one was stepping up, and they were about to put a non-49er member in as GM. Don't like the sound of that, so I put on the big-boy hat.

I don't plan to do much, other than draft. No interest in writing up proposals for FAs or demolishing the roster for chuckles.

... you there! Yes, YOU! the alcoholic politician. YOU will be required to voice opinions throughout!

big9erfan wrote:

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Forge wrote:

We may have to GIVE away a pick to get rid of Roman. Laughing .. no, I don't think we are bothering with coaching changes in this.

... and cool. Any 49ers fan.. on "this staff" or not.. can chime in with opinions and preferences. No demands... no pressure... just lazy beer-drinking whatevz throughout.

(I have a "code" list ready, if that's even allowed anymore... have to check)

Instead of codes, maybe we could just create a chatroom to discuss the picks when we're soon to be on the clock. Just to test it, I created this super duper secret chatroom. Since I'm posting the link here, anyone can join me, but when we want privacy to discuss picks, the link could be sent through PM instead.

[link removed by the awesome poster]

Edit: Privacy preserved. FF won't let me post a link to a chatroom. Maybe it would via PM.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
49erurtaza

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im in at any position

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm willing to take on a formal role, but I won't be much help during the day. Most of my posts and thoughts will be in the evening

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea I'll probably pipe in from time to time as well

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just stuck it up.

I'll help as much as I can, if any of you guys need help just shoot me a pm.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is off topic but Madden did a nice job putting in Levi's stadium in this year's game. Just a random thought after seeing the image above.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was waiting for a confirmed salary cap number from Scar, but guess I will work those numbers up soon enough.

Prior to that, by the 10th, I will need to name an AGM and Capologist... even if such titles are just in name only.

On the 11th and moving forward, we will need to make decisions on the current personnel. I figure, the earlier to ask, the more potential feedback I might get till then.

So...

(1) Mike Wilhoite... ILB.. is an ERFA. This means, we can elect to sign him to a 1 yr deal at the cost of 615k. Yes or No? I'm thinking yes.

(2) Next comes the RFAs... Perrish Cox and Demarcus Dobbs. We can stick one of these on either...

Quote:
1. The greater of $1.33 million or 110% of Salary (Tender based upon drafted round)
2. The greater of $2.02 million or 110% of Salary (2nd Round Tender)
3. The greater of $2.88 million or 110% of Salary (1st Round Tender)

Dobbs was an UDFA, and Cox was a 5th rd pick. I'm thinking we let Dobbs walk... and go with the 1.33 mil on Cox. Someone decides to make an offer to him, we match that offer or let him go and take that team's 5th rd pick.

(3) We will need to determine if any UFA is worthy of the Franchise Tag. I doubt we could or would want to use this... thoughts?

(4) restructured contracts... resign... extensions...

- we can only restructure contracts if we are under 5 mil in cap space.

- it says later, that we can extend one player. So which player?

- Teams will have an opportunity to resign one of their unrestricted free agents before they hit the free agency market. Each team will have the opportunity to resign one unrestricted free agent. If they fail to resign or chose to abandon a bid, they may move on to trying another free agent until a single free agent has resigned.

who should that player be? I'm thinking Boldin, but Brown, and Whitner can make some sense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 1 of 32

Jump to: