Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD '14: Pittsburgh Steelers War Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 96, 97, 98  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbrunn2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I would like to keth, but no I didn't add it , but I did include a Heath Cut

just was noting that's why what I PMd 43 wasn't so out of the box
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I've been gone all weekend gentlemen. I was moving to a new house and was without internet all weekend because my cell service sucks in my new location. I'm back now.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
Jason, you have been a consistently improving part our of linebacker Corps and we would like to keep you here and help us keep moving forward with our success. We believe you to be an important part of our future and I believe the offer we are mking you reflects that.

Jason Worilds

6 yr / 38 million / 8 Mill signing Bonus / 14 mill Guaranteed (Bonus + 1st, and 2nd yr) , Connor Barwin similar contract

yr 1: 2.5 mill Base / 1.6 mill Bonus = 4.1 cap hit (10.5 million yr 1)*
yr 2: 3.5 base / "" Bonus = 5.1 cap hit*
yr 3: 4 base / "" Bonus = 5.6 cap hit
yr 4: 5 Base / "" Bonus = 6.6 Cap hit
yr 5: 6 Base / "" Bonus = 7.6 Cap hit
Yr 6: 7 Base / 2 mill Roster Bonus = 9 cap hit

The above resigning offer has been declined. Jason Worilds will be placed in the unrestricted free agent Shark Tank.

That's a load of crap. How the F was Jimmy Graham's contract accepted? Sam Shields should most definitely be in the Talent Agency that contract offer was a joke.

No way in hell Sam Shields accepts that little guaranteed money irl imo and 0 contract escalation? Please... We guaranteed Jason Worilds more than Sam Shields and our contract was rejected? Good work gentlemen, good work.

Oh, fyi gentlemen, please be prepared for the Troy Polamalu extension to be rejected.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
Jason, you have been a consistently improving part our of linebacker Corps and we would like to keep you here and help us keep moving forward with our success. We believe you to be an important part of our future and I believe the offer we are mking you reflects that.

Jason Worilds

6 yr / 38 million / 8 Mill signing Bonus / 14 mill Guaranteed (Bonus + 1st, and 2nd yr) , Connor Barwin similar contract

yr 1: 2.5 mill Base / 1.6 mill Bonus = 4.1 cap hit (10.5 million yr 1)*
yr 2: 3.5 base / "" Bonus = 5.1 cap hit*
yr 3: 4 base / "" Bonus = 5.6 cap hit
yr 4: 5 Base / "" Bonus = 6.6 Cap hit
yr 5: 6 Base / "" Bonus = 7.6 Cap hit
Yr 6: 7 Base / 2 mill Roster Bonus = 9 cap hit

The above resigning offer has been declined. Jason Worilds will be placed in the unrestricted free agent Shark Tank.

That's a load of crap. How the F was Jimmy Graham's contract accepted? Sam Shields should most definitely be in the Talent Agency that contract offer was a joke.

No way in hell Sam Shields accepts that little guaranteed money irl imo and 0 contract escalation? Please... We guaranteed Jason Worilds more than Sam Shields and our contract was rejected? Good work gentlemen, good work.

Oh, fyi gentlemen, please be prepared for the Troy Polamalu extension to be rejected.

Yeah....I might buy into their reasoning if it werent for the terms of other contracts Ive seen.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, in case anyone is interested to know...

Accepted Resignings: Seattle, Green Bay, New Orleans(lol at J.G. making less than $5m in 2014), Carolina, Washington, Oakland, Denver, Indy, Cleveland, & Buffalo

Rejected Resignings: Pittsburgh, San Francisco(Boldin), Tennessee(Verner), Cincinnati(MJ93), Baltimore(Monroe),

If I didn't mention their team, They either haven't had their resignings announced yet, used the Franchise Tag, or didn't submit one. In Nightcrawlers case, there hasn't been an announced decision yet.

If I'm being honest, this seems like they wanted to keep certain guys off the market but wanted to make sure there were at least a few for guys to get into bid wars over. Seems like a lot of "picking and choosing". Imo, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, & Cincy all gave their clients reasonable and realistic offers.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

Yeah....I might buy into their reasoning if it werent for the terms of other contracts Ive seen.

The Jimmy Graham contract is just bs and Harper gets away with it every time. Yes, it's within the rules, no way that Graham accepts anything like that IRL. When the 2015 and beyond have no effect on what we do, the 2014 cap hit should be heavily weighed. He isn't even making money in the top half of TE's in the league...that's just pathetic...no way that contract should have been accepted.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
cbrunn2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Grahm got the tag ... then they used that 50% rule and just gave him a stupid amount of guaranteed money that they'll never have to account for

That's why I tried to tell you guys , realistic signings won't win anything in this ... should of keep the worilds at 20 guaranteed , would of had him ... and honestly who cares about the future (I know that's not how we want to play it, but that's how most people will play it and that's the only way to get players to sign)

on the Troy , feel free to change anyway you feel fit ... I tried to get peoples opinions on it and nobody said anything ... and I can't change it now , about to head off to work
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like this, I now have an axe to grind.

I have no interest in pursuing Worilds as a Free Agent, in fact, I wouldn't be shocked if he gets signed for significantly less than we offered him, which will be ironic and it'll make the dudes making the decision look stupid.

I plan to come out of Free Agency with 3 to 4 major signings and the best part, I'm going to do it within the rules, and work magic like no one else can. I'm going to enjoy the Talent Agency.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to adjust the code list according to who has gotten resigned and resend them to you guys.

I'm going to assign some of the previously used codes to new FA's. I'm also going to downsize the list a bit based on who I think is actually realistic for discussion.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
cbrunn2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronin would be my #1 ... Followed by Colossus

I'd rather colossus over joker ... Younger and just hitting his prime ... Both will be super expensive though
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think that The Joker is the significantly better player.

I think Ronin, Swamp Thing, & Bane all play positions we need to fill.

New Tiers for Talent Agency:

Tier 1 wrote:
DE Julius Peppers
OT Eugene Monroe
CB Alterraun Verner
DT Randy Starks
WR Hakeem Nicks
CB Antonio Cromartie

Tier 2 wrote:
WR Golden Tate
DE Michael Johnson
DT Henry Melton
OT Branden Albert
OG Jon Asamoah
CB Carlos Rogers

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
I honestly think that The Joker is the significantly better player.

I think Ronin, Swamp Thing, & Bane all play positions we need to fill.

New Tiers for Talent Agency:

Tier 1 wrote:
DE Julius Peppers
OT Eugene Monroe
CB Alterraun Verner
DT Randy Starks
WR Hakeem Nicks
CB Antonio Cromartie

Tier 2 wrote:
WR Golden Tate
DE Michael Johnson
DT Henry Melton
OT Branden Albert
OG Jon Asamoah
CB Carlos Rogers

ok, so now that we lost Jason Worilds, perhaps it's time we actually consider saying 'fuggit' and going to a 4-3?

*shrugs*

that said, i agree that Ronin, Bane, Swamp Thing (in that order) are priorities. If we manage to land 1 or more, that allows us to draft differently in the 1st round and we can focus on where the draft is strong, rather than being forced to reach in the draft at positions where top end talent depth is a concern

i.e. this is a good year to pick 1.15 if we need a Joker or a Colossus or a Thor. This is a pretty crappy draft to be looking for Swamp Thing or Ronin at 1.15

I am concerned with Worilds' loss though. I'll support you on not going for Worilds because, quite obviously, the offers and what was accepted/denied were pretty ridiculous. However, that leaves us with a gaping hole since we have 1 guy who can't stay healthy and another guy who can't rush the QB. We might be forced to go to a 4-3 whether we like it or not. If so, perhaps Venom comes into play.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a real hard time believing that Worilds' contract wasn't rejected because he's the only 3-4 OLB hitting the Talent Agency.

Having said that, I find myself seriously debating whether or not we should consider a change. Considering the fact our defense is a shell right now.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...

In favor of switching to 4-3? Yes/No

In favor of J1 Cutting LaMarr Woodley? Yes/No

List of guys you want to pursue in free agency in order of priority: (use Codes and list below)

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, if we keep Woodley, there's no real reason to switch to a 4-3 unless we think he can play as a 4-3 RDE (which I do not think he can do)

if we are going to go with a 4-3, designate Woodley as a June 1st cut

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 96, 97, 98  Next
Page 51 of 98

Jump to: