Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD '14: Pittsburgh Steelers War Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 96, 97, 98  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 20567
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbrunn2 wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:
cbrunn2 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
I just looked over other offers that got accepted and the fact that ours didnt get accepted is completely ridiculous.

Either they are randomly choosing offers to decline or we have yet another year of Steelers hating chumps running this show. Happens every year.
Steeler hating chumps? No sir. Very little guaranteed money. Harry's contract is 30 mil guaranteed in reality btw


actually its not very little guaranteed if you look at OLB guaranteed money ... I'm pretty sure it's top 5 , at least top 10 ... And lets be serious here he isn't that... But the fact it was a reality offer and not an over exaggerating amount of guaranteed is why it got declined


Not just the guaranteed money, it was really the signing bonus that turned me off. The prorated number is so small (and nothing beyond that in years 3-6 was guaranteed), that you could cut him after year 3 and only have a $3.2m cap hit. Structured differently, a 6 year 38m offer could have been a no-brainer, just not the way you guys did.


Basically right on the cusp of being top 10 Guaranteed and top 10 signing Bonus in Spotrac OLB Rankings ... ask yourself would you consider him top 10 OLB??

Well yeah we want to give our self an out ... the guy is always injured, had a decent showing last year , but guess what got injured again ... Never been a full time starter ... If he plays good , then we wouldn't cut him and he'd have a solid salary ... I mean I know he'll get more in FA in FFMD because its fake money ... But In real life , I doubt he gets anything close to even what we offered (at least he shouldn't)

and I don't want it to sound like I'm Complaining ... Because I understand your guys job as Agent is hard, and takes a lot of time ... just pointing out that the contract isn't that bad of a deal for the guy
no, it's not a bad deal. But I generally like to think it would have to be a good deal or better to prevent a guy from test FA. That's how I approach accepting these offers
_________________

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CKSteeler


Joined: 17 Mar 2013
Posts: 3049
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just an observer, but some of those contracts offered and accepted were ridiculous. Jimmy Graham isn't accepting a 7 year, 60m contract. It's too long for both parties, and it barely averages more than Gronk got with his injury history. How was that an exceptional deal for him?

Sam Shields got 4/32 with only 13 guaranteed. Jairus Byrd has had a contract dispute all season but is taking a contract comparable to ones signed two years ago. Eli Manning isn't sign a 6 year extension that makes him lower paid than Joe Flacco regardless of his poor season.

This is a travesty.
_________________
Roethlisberger, on the impact of re-signing Jonathan Dwyer after Dwyer was cut because he's not very good at football: “He adds the Jonathan Dwyer effect. He can be the best running back that he can be.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cbrunn2


Joined: 08 Feb 2013
Posts: 1333
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha at least Monroe got denied
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kethnaab


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 9269
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hageman and Tuitt are a pair of Sheldon Richardsons with their dimensions. Really ideal builds for our 5-tech
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cbrunn2


Joined: 08 Feb 2013
Posts: 1333
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
Hageman and Tuitt are a pair of Sheldon Richardsons with their dimensions. Really ideal builds for our 5-tech


tuitt is a man ... And he's over his sports hernia now ... Him and Heyward would fix that run D ... Hageman is more potential project ... I'd take tuitt over Hageman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kethnaab


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 9269
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbrunn2 wrote:
tuitt is a man ... And he's over his sports hernia now ... Him and Heyward would fix that run D ... Hageman is more potential project ... I'd take tuitt over Hageman


Hageman's also a freak.

i'm torn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cbrunn2


Joined: 08 Feb 2013
Posts: 1333
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WWH Here are the changes on the Workbook ... w/ all moves so far ...

cap room = 22,481,950

I think you have it as 23.7 in the Pouncey trade Post ...

Unless I typed something wrong in the workbook
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhH-JqwPnq45dDJUNG1nTUFUa2hvTXgzR3ZibWNUTUE#gid=2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 47312
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
cbrunn2 wrote:
tuitt is a man ... And he's over his sports hernia now ... Him and Heyward would fix that run D ... Hageman is more potential project ... I'd take tuitt over Hageman


Hageman's also a freak.

i'm torn.


We know you really wanna give Ziggy Hood a long term deal, so there is no need for DLineman. Cool
_________________

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cbrunn2


Joined: 08 Feb 2013
Posts: 1333
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2 new favorite targets , who I feel we should go out and get ... Break the bank , and the mold of "realistic" offers ... And out of the box thinking to try to get

which I know you guys will never agree on ... So womp womp womp , take my place plan back to my little rabbit hole Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 47312
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbrunn2 wrote:
I have 2 new favorite targets , who I feel we should go out and get ... Break the bank , and the mold of "realistic" offers ... And out of the box thinking to try to get

which I know you guys will never agree on ... So womp womp womp , take my place plan back to my little rabbit hole Laughing


Who are they? (Use the codes)
_________________

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 47312
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbrunn, regarding your private message (just so others know my thoughts if those players eventually do become targets)...neither are bad suggestions or "out of the box" at all.....but IMO...

EM is decent but somewhat overrated. I would definitely bring him into compete for the right price, but "break the bank"? I personally think that outside of one season, he has been merely an above average to decent player. I think he is better than what we currently have, but not at the price it will likely take to get him.

LJ is actually a guy Id definitely like to take a shot at. Unlike the Joker, he is a guy I think we actually have a shot at landing.
_________________

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cbrunn2


Joined: 08 Feb 2013
Posts: 1333
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well out of the box , cause I'd like to get rid of somebody else too have more cap room to pursue these guys ... but I know you guys would never agree

lets call target 1 the penguin - I feel he's always been great , on bad collective units - pair him w/ our on coming guys and he'll thrive ... but of course will need to over pay cause it's FFMD

lets call target 2 umm Dare Devil - I'm not sure they're allowed to do that , but if so , i'd make a hard push to get him

lol can think of different code names - I don't really know Comic book/super heros that much
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 47312
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbrunn2 wrote:
Well out of the box , cause I'd like to get rid of somebody else too have more cap room to pursue these guys ... but I know you guys would never agree

lets call target 1 the penguin - I feel he's always been great , on bad collective units - pair him w/ our on coming guys and he'll thrive ... but of course will need to over pay cause it's FFMD

lets call target 2 umm Dare Devil - I'm not sure they're allowed to do that , but if so , i'd make a hard push to get him

lol can think of different code names - I don't really know Comic book/super heros that much


Thats because you dont rob Peter to pay Paul.

Meaning, its counterproductive to sacrifice the quality of one area of a team to make another area better.....unless it involves a QB or you have suitable replacements for players youre letting go.

I think we can pursue LJ without having to cut anyone notable.

However, I really have no interest in EM for the money he will get.
_________________

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cbrunn2


Joined: 08 Feb 2013
Posts: 1333
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
cbrunn2 wrote:
Well out of the box , cause I'd like to get rid of somebody else too have more cap room to pursue these guys ... but I know you guys would never agree

lets call target 1 the penguin - I feel he's always been great , on bad collective units - pair him w/ our on coming guys and he'll thrive ... but of course will need to over pay cause it's FFMD

lets call target 2 umm Dare Devil - I'm not sure they're allowed to do that , but if so , i'd make a hard push to get him

lol can think of different code names - I don't really know Comic book/super heros that much


Thats because you dont rob Peter to pay Paul.

Meaning, its counterproductive to sacrifice the quality of one area of a team to make another area better.....unless it involves a QB or you have suitable replacements for players youre letting go.

I think we can pursue LJ without having to cut anyone notable.

However, I really have no interest in EM for the money he will get.


Rob Peter who is past prime going downhill who you have for 1 year to pay Peter who is just reaching his prime and you'll have locked up for what should be his prime (teams will always have holes no team is perfect , you just got to pick and choose where you think you could overcome those short comings , but hopefully the extension can be put through , that extra 4 mill would help)

but yea hopefully LJ reaches FA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kethnaab


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 9269
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbrunn2 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
cbrunn2 wrote:
Well out of the box , cause I'd like to get rid of somebody else too have more cap room to pursue these guys ... but I know you guys would never agree

lets call target 1 the penguin - I feel he's always been great , on bad collective units - pair him w/ our on coming guys and he'll thrive ... but of course will need to over pay cause it's FFMD

lets call target 2 umm Dare Devil - I'm not sure they're allowed to do that , but if so , i'd make a hard push to get him

lol can think of different code names - I don't really know Comic book/super heros that much


Thats because you dont rob Peter to pay Paul.

Meaning, its counterproductive to sacrifice the quality of one area of a team to make another area better.....unless it involves a QB or you have suitable replacements for players youre letting go.

I think we can pursue LJ without having to cut anyone notable.

However, I really have no interest in EM for the money he will get.


Rob Peter who is past prime going downhill who you have for 1 year to pay Peter who is just reaching his prime and you'll have locked up for what should be his prime (teams will always have holes no team is perfect , you just got to pick and choose where you think you could overcome those short comings , but hopefully the extension can be put through , that extra 4 mill would help)

but yea hopefully LJ reaches FA


*eyeroll* you're still trying to get us to cut Polamalu, aren't you?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 96, 97, 98  Next
Page 50 of 98

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group