Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2014 - Flowers is Ours; Time to discuss cuts.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:08 am    Post subject: FFMD 2014 - Flowers is Ours; Time to discuss cuts. Reply with quote

FFMD Rules and Schedule

Alright, so its here again peeps. I'm in as the GM this time around, plan to run things a little differently than usual, this right here, this is going to be an open book. We are going to use this war room for any and all discussion.

We are going to be all for one and one for all. And by that I mean, if you join the team, your vote counts for 1, my vote counts for one we are all equals here.

If you want in post in here and lets get this thing going.

The FFMD Discussion Thread

First things first, I want to begin to develop a draft board for this team. This is hopefully going to take in these three things as the most important aspects of the list;

1 - Scheme Fit, If they do not fit what we want to do then they really have no place on this team.
2 - Talent, If they do not have the talent to play in the NFL then we really do not want them.
3 - Roster Fit, we need to have a spot for them on the roster. This does not mean "need" per se, but it involves "need". Where does the player fit on the roster; Starter now, Backup now starter later, long term depth et al. This should also take into account players who are starters now, but are older and or on expiring contracts.

Initially if everyone who wants to be a part of this team can post 10 guys, their top 10 guys taking into account the above we can start to build a board.

Any questions ask; GO CARDS.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.

Last edited by khodder on Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:00 am; edited 5 times in total
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schematics, Position Preferences, Roster and Depth Chart

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone thinks that these need adjusting then let me know; but this is how I see things right now. As I said, we are going to be all inclusive here so lets kick this off.

Defense

Defensively the Arizona Cardinals play a mixed front. They prefer a base 34 defense if they have 7 big boys on the field. Outside of that "base" defense, they most commonly will use nickel packages with 3 corners and two safeties. They prefer to play zone coverages with man techniques from their outside corners. Quarters and Cover Three being the most common defensive shells. It is a blitz heavy defense that plays with a one gap philosophy, the zone blitz or the 3 short 3 deep, 5 rushers is a favored blitzing package. TBC

Offense

Player Preferences

Quarterback: Pocket comfort is a much. Has to be comfortable with bodies around them as there will be a lot of long developing 5 and 7 step drop pass routes that will end up with pressure in the QB's face. Being able to throw the vertical route tree accurately is a must as is being able to work the middle of the field in the 11-20 yard range. Prefer larger QB's with the size the shrug off defenders if need be. Mobility is an added bonus, not imperative however.

Wide Receiver: Speed demon. With the current roster the only thing missing is a true speed demon who can take the top off a defense ala Markus Wheaton or Mike Wallace.

Tight End: All round game - Will be used as a blocker. We are not looking for a flex tight end here, not looking for a guy who will spend most of the game playing from the slot. This guy will be an inline route runner and blocker. Having the ability to stretch the seam is a need, but does not have to be an amazing athlete. We can look at the likes of Heath Miller, Jason Witten or Dwayne Allen to see the sort of athlete we would like to play TE here.

Offensive Line: Left Tackle: First and foremost we are looking for a pass protector. A knee bender with quick feet and length. We create holes in the running game through scheme and even utilize an athletic Left Tackle in space.

Center: A Cerebral player, look for someone who is pointing out protections or is a long term starter at the position. Technically sound can anchor against defensive tackles in the pass game not giving up ground. Gets to the second level in the running game, looks comfortable in space, locates targets quickly and finishes blocks.

Defensive Line: One gap penetrators. We are looking for guys who can get upfield and make plays in the backfield. Get the offense moving backwards. A player to fill the Darnell Dockett mold is one that would stand out here. Even at the NT spot we are looking for guys who can get upfield over a guy who will hold the point and two gap.

Outside Linebackers/Pass Rushers: Athletes, back the coaching staff to mold a pass rusher from the raw athlete. Edge rush is most important, speed and outside pass rush. Ability to set the edge in the run game an added benefit. Coverage ability is an afterthought, these guys are on the team to get after the passer.

Inside Linebackers: Speed and Range. One gap guys who will play aggressive, fast and sideline to sideline. Size not too much of a worry. Ability in coverage is a must, need to be comfortable on the blitz.

Defensive Back(Corner/FS): Coverage is the number one priority, but ball skills and playmaking ability are also high on the list. Must be comfortable in zone coverage, especially if you are to play safety here. Length is not too much of an issue, though length is preferred, if a guy who can matchup with TE's fits the other criteria he gets a boost. Tackling is important, this defense is going to put our DB's in spots where they have to make 1 v 1 tackles.

Defensive Back (SS): Good tackler, comfortable in both short and deeper zones. Comfortable playing in the box and playing downhill vs the run and on the blitz. Size preffered, looking for a guy who can matchup with tight ends.

Depth Chart

Last edited by khodder on Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:33 am; edited 5 times in total
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trades, Free Agent Signings and Draft Picks

Big Board

1 - Teddy Bridgewater // QB // Louisville
2 - Jadeveon Clowney // DE // South Carolina
3 - Khalil Mack // OLB // Buffalo
4 - Jake Matthews // OT // Texas A&M
5 - Blake Bortles // QB // UCF
6 - Johnny Manziel // QB // Texas A&M
7 - Anthony Barr // PR // UCLA
8 - Eric Ebron // TE // North Carolina
9 - Taylor Lewan // OT // Michigan
10 - Dee Ford // PR // Auburn
11 - Aaron Donald // DL // Pittsburgh

Last edited by khodder on Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I volunteer to do whatever the hell is needed of me. I am writing as well, but I can take any responsibility needed.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok can I just post my big board for the draft here?

[quote="Childish Gambino"]Funny the day you born that's really your death sentence[/quote]
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMachONE wrote:
Ok can I just post my big board for the draft here?

Yep. Just throw it up; make sure we are looking at things like team fits and roster fits as well as talent.

I just want as many guys to participate in this and hopefully by the end of it we can come out with a top 120+ odd names that we want to come away with in the draft.

TheMachONE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here it is....

1. Teddy Bridgewater // QB Louisville
2. Khalil Mack // OLB Buffalo
3. Jadaveon Clowney // DE South Carolina
4. Blake Bortles // QB UCF
5. Johnny Manziel // QB Texas A&M
6. Greg Robinson // OT Auburn
7. Anthony Barr // OLB UCLA
8. Jake Matthews // OT Texas A&M
9. Eric Ebron // TE UNC
10. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix // S Alabama
11. Dee Ford // OLB Auburn
12. Cyrus Kouandijo // OT Alabama
13. Darqueze Dennard // CB Michigan State
14. Justin Gilbert // CB Oklahoma State
15. Taylor Lewan // OT Michigan
16. Jace Amaro // TE Texas Tech
17. Jimmy Garoppolo // QB Eastern Illinois
18. Lamarcus Joyner // S Florida State
19. Kyle Van Noy // OLB BYU
20. Morgan Moses // OT Virginia

[quote="Childish Gambino"]Funny the day you born that's really your death sentence[/quote]
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is your take on Robinson? Personally he is not on my team specific board at all. Talnet is there, especially in the run game, but pass pro issues and likely an NFL RT remind me far too much of Levi.

LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
What is your take on Robinson? Personally he is not on my team specific board at all. Talnet is there, especially in the run game, but pass pro issues and likely an NFL RT remind me far too much of Levi.

I don't like him one bit, him and Kouandjo are both pretty much the same to me. Bothe are Levi clones

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:

To expand on this. I'm not including guys who I think will be RT's in the NFL on my board. Don't want them. I think we are fine at that spot with Massie moving into a starting role.

LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Blake Bortles
2. Teddy Bridgewater
3. Jake Matthews
4. Johnny Manziel
5. JaDeveon Clowney
6. Kahlil Mack
7. Eric Ebron
8. Anthony Barr
9. Darqueze Dennard
10. Haha Clinton Dix
11. Taylor Lewan
12. Justin Gilbert
13. Jace Amaro
14. Dee Ford
15. Kony Ealy
16. Ra'sheed Hagaman
17. Stephon Tuitt
18. Calvin Pryor
19. Lorchiez Purifoy
20. Louis Nix

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's everyone's thoughts on Haha Clinton-Dix? Is he in play for pick 20?

I think SS was our weakest link on defense this past season, specifically covering the TE. Haha was available for the Cards pick in the NFL Draft forum but most of the votes went to Dee Ford.

I haven't watched a ton of him but the amount I have seen has not impressed me all that much. He takes bad angles and I rarely see him make plays on the ball. He appears to be better in man coverage which may be a valuable asset in covering TE's but he hardly is in the right place at the right time when he's in zone. He's a big hitter but he doesn't always secure his tackles. He's a nice athlete but I'm not sure he has the best instincts which is very important for safeties.

If it comes down to him and Dee Ford, who are you going with?
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
What's everyone's thoughts on Haha Clinton-Dix? Is he in play for pick 20?

I think SS was our weakest link on defense this past season, specifically covering the TE. Haha was available for the Cards pick in the NFL Draft forum but most of the votes went to Dee Ford.

I haven't watched a ton of him but the amount I have seen has not impressed me all that much. He takes bad angles and I rarely see him make plays on the ball. He appears to be better in man coverage which may be a valuable asset in covering TE's but he hardly is in the right place at the right time when he's in zone. He's a big hitter but he doesn't always secure his tackles. He's a nice athlete but I'm not sure he has the best instincts which is very important for safeties.

If it comes down to him and Dee Ford, who are you going with?

I have Ford higher on my board.

I think we also need to look at how we used our safeties last season. There were some man coverage snaps vs TE's but a majority of the time they played zones. Quarters and 3 deep were our favored coverage shells. We are looking to draft players who will fit the best into what we want to do; that may mean taking a lessor "talent" for someone who better fits within our scheme.

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I plan to do is when I get the top 10 of everyone (hopefully we can get a team of 5+ guys going) I will bundle then up via a points system (10 for 1, 9 for 9 etc.) and then we will come up with a "consensus" board for our draft.

This will then change slightly as we manuevre our way through free agency prior to the draft.

mtdowner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Teddy Bridgewater
2. Jake Matthews
3. Jadeveon Clowney
4. Khalil Mack
5. Blake Bortles
6. Anthony Barr
7. Johnny Manziel
8. Sammy Watkins
9. Taylor Lewan
10. Justin Gilbert

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 1 of 36

Jump to: