Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD14 War Room: Still have some room for UDFA!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jch1911

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
That was the first comment that I have made about the draft. Sent it about 10 minutes ago to the GM.
First, TY for draft pick recommendations.

That was your 2nd comment about the draft.... The Browns' forum read your comment about asking for more when they wanted to trade for 1-1 and some of their posters felt it was outrageous and wanted to pull out of the deal.... so your comment is not entirely true. (But you have the right to your opinion... even though we cannot trade 2016 picks.) But, it probably could have been handled better via PM.

Also, did you get a chance to look at the comments in the general discussion forum... For FFMD, we grabbed Gaines in time. IRL it was early... hence my comment about it being early in the general discussion forum.

But water under the bridge, we have more picks to make and discussion to have. Also, thank you for being involved. I am strong believer that discussion helps develop ideas and IMHO that is always a good thing.
1 missed goal line FF (stupid refs Wink )
buckwild

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
buckwild wrote:
That was the first comment that I have made about the draft. Sent it about 10 minutes ago to the GM.
First, TY for draft pick recommendations.

That was your 2nd comment about the draft.... The Browns' forum read your comment about asking for more when they wanted to trade for 1-1 and some of their posters felt it was outrageous and wanted to pull out of the deal.... so your comment is not entirely true. (But you have the right to your opinion... even though we cannot trade 2016 picks.) But, it probably could have been handled better via PM.

Also, did you get a chance to look at the comments in the general discussion forum... For FFMD, we grabbed Gaines in time. IRL it was early... hence my comment about it being early in the general discussion forum.

But water under the bridge, we have more picks to make and discussion to have. Also, thank you for being involved. I am strong believer that discussion helps develop ideas and IMHO that is always a good thing.

Wasn't me never commented in the Browns forum. I thought it was a coup when I saw that we traded out of #1. Just judging the pick from Draft ranking from Rob Rang's ratings who had Gaines as a 4 or 5th round prospect.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
jch1911

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
Wasn't me never commented in the Browns forum. I thought it was a coup when I saw that we traded out of #1. Just judging the pick from Draft ranking from Rob Rang's ratings who had Gaines as a 4 or 5th round prospect.

You commented in our forum (but other teams do read other teams' forums)
buckwild wrote:
3) Would rather get picks rather than players. Decent trade, but make the 2015 pick a 2nd round pick, and if they make the playoffs a conditional 3rd in 2016.
Right or wrong... some saw that as a deal breaker.

Also, after looking, I saw you poo poo'd the Cooks selection.... so....yeah... that's more than one comment about the draft selections made
buckwild wrote:
Not a Fan as we could have gone CB or OG or DT with this pick.

That being said talent evaluators / writers and we as fans often make mistakes. How many of them thought Blaine Gabbert would be a franchise QB? How many of us were unhappy about the JJ Watt selection at first? It happens. You live and you learn.

I would just rather input BEFORE a pick than criticism after. It would probably be more productive.
jch1911

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a player I wanted personally, but the war room / forum has spoken (again!)

jch1911 wrote:
With the 71st pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select: DL / NT DaQuan Jones, Penn State

DaQuan is a player that Coach O'Brien (OB1) is familiar with. He brings the ability to play 2 gaps and occupy two blockers with his strength and push. We are considering playing him at NT or possibly DE. Welcome to Houston, DaQuan!

buckwild

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
buckwild wrote:

You commented in our forum (but other teams do read other teams' forums)
buckwild wrote:
3) Would rather get picks rather than players. Decent trade, but make the 2015 pick a 2nd round pick, and if they make the playoffs a conditional 3rd in 2016.
Right or wrong... some saw that as a deal breaker.

Also, after looking, I saw you poo poo'd the Cooks selection.... so....yeah... that's more than one comment about the draft selections made
buckwild wrote:
Not a Fan as we could have gone CB or OG or DT with this pick.

That being said talent evaluators / writers and we as fans often make mistakes. How many of them thought Blaine Gabbert would be a franchise QB? How many of us were unhappy about the JJ Watt selection at first? It happens. You live and you learn.

I would just rather input BEFORE a pick than criticism after. It would probably be more productive.

Point Taken!

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
jch1911

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the DaQuan selection was worth it just for this reaction from the Cowboys...

Desperado82 wrote:
BURN IN HELL HOUSTON!!!! Evil or Very Mad

biggio7

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad we snagged Jones. He was one of my four I wanted with these two third round picks. I was a little surprised about the corner but considering he's from Rice, I'm guessing you all know about him more than I do. I don't mind it at all cause getting DB help was needed.

jch, the other guys I mentioned, did anybody else have them?

Adopt a Texan: Mr. Kareem Jackson
FFBB; Suule o nerte!
jch1911

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggio7 wrote:
I'm glad we snagged Jones. He was one of my four I wanted with these two third round picks. I was a little surprised about the corner but considering he's from Rice, I'm guessing you all know about him more than I do. I don't mind it at all cause getting DB help was needed.

jch, the other guys I mentioned, did anybody else have them?

No and it was a close call between one of the players you mentioned and Gaines - like 1/2 a vote close... lmao....

I have peoples' boards for our late round selections and most people seem to have one category more than others. We'll have to see how the 3rd round continues to run.

Edit: Well, C Marcus Martin just went to Baltimore
jch1911

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most of us mentioned the same position as an area to grab a player with our next pick (4-1). That being said, pretty much everybody named a different player.

So please PM your remaining big board if you haven't done so OR if there is a player that you desperately want us to select / GREAT value pick, please PM.

OTC at 8 AM EST.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interested in trading back? Our 4th and 5th for your early 4th

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
biggio7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure where everybody else is looking for this pick but I'm standing the last name on my big board. I think he would be a better player than the one signed as the back up.

Adopt a Texan: Mr. Kareem Jackson
FFBB; Suule o nerte!
jch1911

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggio7 wrote:
Not sure where everybody else is looking for this pick but I'm standing the last name on my big board. I think he would be a better player than the one signed as the back up.

jch1911 wrote:
With the 97th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select RB Jeremy Hill, LSU

OB1 believes in a strong running game. The Texans want the ability to punish other teams if we take the lead as well as be sure to gain those crucial yards in short yardage situations. Jeremy Hill gives us the ability to do those things.

Moreover, Jeremy brings true breakaway ability. After 2 - 3 quarters of Foster & Starks, imagine Hill's bruising running ability showing up in the 4th quarter to break open the game on a 75 yard TD run past gassed defenders.

Welcome to Houston, Jeremy!

Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can afford to go BPA, but I personally would have chosen Charles Sims. Not mad at the Hill pick though. We could use a big bruiser to go with Foster.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
We can afford to go BPA, but I personally would have chosen Charles Sims. Not mad at the Hill pick though. We could use a big bruiser to go with Foster.

D@ng it... your vote would have broken the tie... lol.. I wanted Sims as well
treece300e

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

D@ng it... your vote would have broken the tie... lol.. I wanted Sims as well

I, too, would have preferred Sims over Hill. Both are quality RBs, I just like Sims' versatility more. I should have paid more attention and put my vote in. Not mad at it, though.

Last edited by treece300e on Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 24 of 25

Jump to: