Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DKDalFan' 2014 mockdraft V.2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: DKDalFan' 2014 mockdraft V.2 Reply with quote

With Kiffin and Marinelli staying, I see us look for quick guys for the D line. Jerry has already showen once that he is more then willing to listen to his coordinators. I don't expect us to draft anyone above 305 lbs when looking at those guys former rosters.

**TRADE**
Cowboys trade their #16 to the 49'ers in return for #30 and #77 (13th pick in the 3rd). With pick 16 the 49'ers select the second best WR this year Mike Evans before the Ravens has a chance to pick him.

1.30) Aaron Donald, DT
6'0, 288 lbs.

Aaron Donald is a GREAT player, and has GREAT work ethics. But his size and the fact that he pretty much only can play one spot in one scheme makes him drop along with understandable concerns if he can play in the NFL with those small arms. Donald is the quick type Kiffin/Marinelli loves, and his talents is worth the risk here. He plays much stronger then his size indicates, his size also gives natural leverage.

2.15) Kareem Martin, DE
6'6, 265 lbs.

He has some great size for the position and has all the tools to succeed in the NFL. He just needs to be more consistent, showed in the later half of the season that he can be a very good player. Selvie might be a 1 year wonder, and his contract is up after this season anyway.

3.13) Dominique Easley, DT/DE
6'2, 282 lbs.

Easley has the quickness our coaches are looking for, no doubt that they will love what they see. Easley would be a top 20 pick if not for the injuries/size. If he is able to work out for scouts before the draft and show he still has quickness, he will be an mid 2nd round pick. If not, I believe he will fall with a talented DT class in rounds 2 and 3. Will be rotating between DT and DE.

3.14) Jon Holapio, OG
6'3, 323 lbs.

Most sites has him as a 4th/5th round pick, but I believe he's too good for that. He's a great blocker, strong and has some quickness for his size. He was great at the seniorbowl and didn't get beat 1on1 as far as I remember. I don't think he has had much trouble with injuries in the past..

4) Martavious Bryant, WR
6'5, 200 lbs.

Adding a WR, even tho we have plenty WR/TE's. At some point during the draft, I believe a WR has a good chance of being the BPA because of a strong class. Dez Bryant has a back that we can't be sure we can trust, Miles simply won't stay healthy and Williams is a terrible route runner and it's too early to know if he really is the real deal. Beasley and Harris is probably more slot guys. Bryant has great size and is very talented.

***Pre draft trade***
Cowboys trade their 5th and first 7th in return for Zaviar Gooden from the Titans.
Gooden was a late 3rd round pick last year, this guy is super quick and fast. He doesn't fit a 3-4 at all which the Titans seems to be switching to, so they would love getting two picks in return to get players who fit their new scheme. Cowboys need a backup OLB with some speed IMO.

7th) Tom Hornsey, P
Ever since the Chiefs game, I've wanted a dominant punter.

7th) Matt Hall, OT
6'9 323 lbs.

Grabbing a talented OT to develop, the Cowboys have shown interest for some time. Question is can he handle NFL talent and does he have enough quickness? did decent at the east-west schrine game.

QB: Romo - Orton
HB: Murray - Dunbar/Randle
WR: Bryant - Harris
WR: Williams/Bryant
SR: Austin - Beasley
TE: Witten - Escobar - Hanna
LT: Smith - Parnell
LG: Leary
OC: Frederick
RG: Holapio/burnadeau
RT: Free - Hall

WDE: Ware - Brown
1T: Crawford/Hayden
DT: Donald/Easley - Wynn
SDE: Selvie/Martin
SLB: Durant/Holloman - Wilber
ILB: Lee - Albright
WLB: Carter/Gooden
CB: Carr - Scandrick - Moore
CB: Claiborne - BW Webb
SS: Wilcox/Heath
FS: Church - Johnson

K: Bailey
P: Hornsey
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAKE MY MONEY. TAKE IT ALL.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. Now that I tempered my excitement I will provide actually feedback.

First and foremost I love the trade. In all but two drafts we have made some movement under Jerry. So its realistic. I also dont love very many prospects at our pick. But I do at later picks.

1. Donald has shown to be a dynamic player in college. Great fit for the defense.

2. Martin has all the tools. I am thrilled with his addition.

3. I am a huge, huge fan of Easley. He was better than Floyd last year. Him splitting would Donald would make our 3 a huge threat to opponents.

3. Halapio got injured last year and played through it. Tough son of a gun and would be a welcomed addition.

4. If we are to draft a WR. I want someone big.

5. Nice trade.

7. Not a fan. But meh.

7. Someone we are reportedly interested in with our last pick? Excellent.

I think you had a home-run draft.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback TO! The Hornsey pick is pretty much just who is BPA of the punters, with how high everybody seems to be on Van Der Kamp I could see him be gone at our second pick in the 7th. Last year the first punter was taken in the 6th, two years ago in the 3rd so you never know when the first punter will come of the board.. I'd probably be fine with either of O'Donnell, Van Der Kamp and Hornsey even tho I don't know too much about all of these punters.
Felix=Fast!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kareem Martin is not a 2nd round player in my opinion. Maybe 3rd.

Yes he has tools. He has Length. but i dont see the speed or bend.

Sean Lee leads the NFL in making David Wilson cry.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felix=Fast! wrote:

Agree here. I'm not a fan of Martin in any way. I see a 4th round player to be honest. He's not explosive and as Felix said, he has no speed rush or ability to bend. If we are going DE in the 2nd, give me Scott Crichton all day, everyday.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:

Agree here. I'm not a fan of Martin in any way. I see a 4th round player to be honest. He's not explosive and as Felix said, he has no speed rush or ability to bend. If we are going DE in the 2nd, give me Scott Crichton all day, everyday.

I understand the concern about Martin. I agree he isn't as quick or fast as I would prefer, but he actually is underrated in that area of his game IMO. His problem is that he far too often comes out of his stance high and slow, the times he comes out exploding low he is much quicker. He isn't like many of the other guys in this class, but they isn't his size either. His biggest issues are maintaining good padlevel and explode out of his stance consistently. Consistency is his biggest issue in general probably, but I believe that he shows the strength, speed and size combination that will make him a pretty good NFL player if he can get consistent.

- I really like Crichton myself, but I think he will be gone at this spot.
sodakcowboy78

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this draft all comes down to the Boys 1st round pick and i just dont see Donald lasting to the end of the 1st...if he is there at 16 dont get cute and take him and i think with 3 #7's and more to come via comp picks i think Jerry will use some of those picks to move up a few spots here and there in round 2-4 to pick JG guys.

Peace

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: