Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD: In Soviet Boltania…..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
The LBC


Global Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 24479
Location: Where We Can't Have Nice Things
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Bruce Ellington is a no brainer in my mind.

Yeah, it's either him or value and he may be the top value here too.

Ed Stinson and Billy Turner are the only ones I could see having comparable value.

The only question with Ellington is do we need more height? Only problem is my next rated receiver available is roughly the same height - Huff.

I'm fine with Ellington here if for no other reason than the upside.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zappaz


Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 1131
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Bruce Ellington is a no brainer in my mind.


fine by me
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Iceman88


Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Posts: 8492
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Bruce Ellington is a no brainer in my mind.

Yeah, it's either him or value and he may be the top value here too.

Ed Stinson and Billy Turner are the only ones I could see having comparable value.

The only question with Ellington is do we need more height? Only problem is my next rated receiver available is roughly the same height - Huff.

I'm fine with Ellington here if for no other reason than the upside.


Two things guys, Ellington is 2 inches shorter than Huff and Billy Turner is already gone.....

Sorry just saying Ellington is great value he was our other potential target in making the trade up, but felt with already having Kendall Wright and Nate Washington that we would have too much in terms of slot recievers
_________________

Props to Kempes ^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The LBC


Global Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 24479
Location: Where We Can't Have Nice Things
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Bruce Ellington is a no brainer in my mind.

Yeah, it's either him or value and he may be the top value here too.

Ed Stinson and Billy Turner are the only ones I could see having comparable value.

The only question with Ellington is do we need more height? Only problem is my next rated receiver available is roughly the same height - Huff.

I'm fine with Ellington here if for no other reason than the upside.


Two things guys, Ellington is 2 inches shorter than Huff and Billy Turner is already gone.....

Sorry just saying Ellington is great value he was our other potential target in making the trade up, but felt with already having Kendall Wright and Nate Washington that we would have too much in terms of slot recievers

Yeah, as someone who has watched Josh play the majority of his snaps at U of O, Ellington has the capability to play bigger/taller than Josh. Tis kind of a shame because our close-knit locker room is exactly what Josh needs at the next level. But Ellington is a better pick here.

Just point out for effects sake, in FFMD we're still in need of another backup ILB (not value here), a backup RB (I'm not worried at this point with the way the board is falling), certainly wouldn't hurt from looking at someone to push/challenge Becton as the guy being groomed behind Dunlap.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The LBC


Global Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 24479
Location: Where We Can't Have Nice Things
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So for anyone actually around, JH and I discussed the pick via PM the day before last on the assumption (which was no given) that a particular guy was still around. Thus far he is (the Pats have one more pick to make, so I'm not name-dropping till we're on the clock).

Suffice to say, it'll make BS happy.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The LBC


Global Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 24479
Location: Where We Can't Have Nice Things
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone actually around?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The LBC


Global Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 24479
Location: Where We Can't Have Nice Things
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've got to make a run to actually get lunch so I can eat on my lunch break.

Gonna throw the pick down - it's good value (guy who was getting 2nd and 3rd round grades from folks pre-injury and looked really good at his pro day) and as Strikes says, you can never have too many pass-rushers.

Welcome Morgan Breslin, OLB, USC to the Chargers!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duffman57


Joined: 20 Jan 2009
Posts: 8291
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Well, I've got to make a run to actually get lunch so I can eat on my lunch break.

Gonna throw the pick down - it's good value (guy who was getting 2nd and 3rd round grades from folks pre-injury and looked really good at his pro day) and as Strikes says, you can never have too many pass-rushers.

Welcome Morgan Breslin, OLB, USC to the Chargers!


Didn't realize he was still on the board good pickup. I was out of commission for most of today cuz I'm goin back to SD!
_________________

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The LBC


Global Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 24479
Location: Where We Can't Have Nice Things
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
Well, I've got to make a run to actually get lunch so I can eat on my lunch break.

Gonna throw the pick down - it's good value (guy who was getting 2nd and 3rd round grades from folks pre-injury and looked really good at his pro day) and as Strikes says, you can never have too many pass-rushers.

Welcome Morgan Breslin, OLB, USC to the Chargers!


Didn't realize he was still on the board good pickup. I was out of commission for most of today cuz I'm goin back to SD!

Yeah, I had to double-check twice last night to believe it myself, and PM'd JH about it just to be sure. Can't hate the value there at all. Guy is obviously more of an Antwan Barnes/Jacques Cesaire type, but those have value... especially in the late 6th round.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 26451
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies, didn't realize we were OTC until after LBC had picked. Too busy watching March Madness and didn't have my comp on me.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dhunt2402


Moderator
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Posts: 22592
Location: The District
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are one of 3 teams remaining yet to pick. UDFA begins tomorrow at 12PM eastern so try to have it in by then!
_________________

Deadpulse on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 26451
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cornelius Lucas anyone?
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The LBC


Global Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 24479
Location: Where We Can't Have Nice Things
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Cornelius Lucas anyone?

Unless anyone's got any better ideas? Is there another corner that we absolutely have to have (I've got 1-2 in UDFA to bring in)?

The only reason I worry about Lucas is he's got foot injury issues which can have a habit of being a death sentence for linemen considering the weight the play at.

Also, is anyone going to be on tomorrow when UDFA opens? If so I can PM them the list.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 26451
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be around.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duffman57


Joined: 20 Jan 2009
Posts: 8291
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so did we just miss the first round of UDFA's entirely?
_________________

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group