Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD '14: Buffalo Bills War Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EccentricFan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:

I would say we could put him OTB now, but we'll have to wait for Nick for that.

If we want to put out feelers, that's fine, but unless the offer blows me away, I'd rather keep Urbik. Urbik is a known commodity, our rookies still have to prove they can earn their starting spot in the NFL.

It's nice to assume our two rookie guards will both work out great, but in reality, it'd be foolish to get rid of Urbik too soon. Even if they both end up being assets, it might not be in year 1.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EccentricFan wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:

I would say we could put him OTB now, but we'll have to wait for Nick for that.

If we want to put out feelers, that's fine, but unless the offer blows me away, I'd rather keep Urbik. Urbik is a known commodity, our rookies still have to prove they can earn their starting spot in the NFL.

It's nice to assume our two rookie guards will both work out great, but in reality, it'd be foolish to get rid of Urbik too soon. Even if they both end up being assets, it might not be in year 1.

Agreed...our new OG's are rooks and have yet to prove themselves. IIRC Urbik can back up at C as well...good value hanging on to him.

I love how you guys have established a strong OL to match the DL! I always say a strong OL makes the rest of the O better. Additional time makes for better opportunities in passing plays and road graders pave the way for a good running game. Terrific offseason so far guys!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Richardson fell! Good job BBF. Our OL has the potential to be dominant!

I think it's best we keep Urbik. I'd want at least early 4th round value for him (which has come and gone..). I agree with most that have spoken, he's a great guy to have in case one of the rookie guards go down or don't pan out. I think it's wise to keep Urbik as the starter so it pushes Richardson to work harder. He was a bottom first round talent that slid quite far. With the push to work a little harder maybe he returns to that form. As mentioned, he's probably our most versatile linemen now. I see him being a great backup to pretty much anyone on the line.

truebuffalo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pick once again fellas, we've really Turned our offensive line into force. I also agree that Urbik should stay on this roster, and possibly be a starter for us. Unless one of our rookies beats him out in camp.
Also can someone please PM me the running back we are targeting for next round.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

truebuffalo wrote:
Great pick once again fellas, we've really Turned our offensive line into force. I also agree that Urbik should stay on this roster, and possibly be a starter for us. Unless one of our rookies beats him out in camp.
Also can someone please PM me the running back we are targeting for next round.

Sent.

I say we look at E14 at WR for our second 5th round pick. We'll go for our RB target with that first 5th round pick. If that WR is gone, I think we should look at ILB, best available.

truebuffalo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree w everything nick has said above also in round 7, I think we should go after #4 on the players to watch in the later rounds portion on the big board. Just my opinion.

After we take the RB target, E14 with our second 5th would really complete this draft for me, I think we would be covering all of our bases.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

truebuffalo wrote:
I agree w everything nick has said above also in round 7, I think we should go after #4 on the players to watch in the later rounds portion on the big board. Just my opinion.

After we take the RB target, E14 with our second 5th would really complete this draft for me, I think we would be covering all of our bases.

Great idea. I was thinking him or #2, except we're loaded at that position. #4 would be a great pick if he's there.

BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

truebuffalo wrote:

Completely agree with the bolded. He's got early round talent. #3 would also be a very nice late pick up.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
truebuffalo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 and #3 are also good selections, having depth or being to deep in certain spots on a roster never hurt any team. So if it came down to it and our first choices are gone I would take either one

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Urbik has more value than a 4th round pick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: 5-140 Reply with quote

Texans are offering

(1) a 2015 4th or

(2) CB / S Brandon Harris (former 2nd round pick; redundant with our secondary acquisitions & does not fit our new scheme; works best in a press man or press zone scheme) or

(3) TE Owen Daniels (former Pro Bowler; perfect WCO TE; $4M cap hit; if you need a vet TE, this is your guy) or

(4) WR Keshawn Martin [has value as a return man and a slot option; really started to come into his own this year (FINALLY!). However, Texans acquired Brandin Cooks and several other KR / PR options that have made him expendable. He has 2 more years on his contract as a former 4th round pick (4-121 in 2012)]

in exchange for

5-140
1 missed goal line FF (stupid refs Wink )
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We pick is about 10 minutes. I'm thinking of selecting E14 with our first pick in the 5th round.

If any disagrees let me know... going to post it rather quickly once we are officially OTC.

NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
With pick 137 the Buffalo Bills select...

Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

We already have handful of WR's ahead of Coleman on the depth chart which should help him work on some of his weaknesses and develop into a better overall player. His size makes him a first round pick, but he needs to learn how to utilize his big frame better. He's a perfect red-zone target at 6'6" 220 lbs., with the obvious ability to tower over DBs. With some work with Miles Austin and Stevie Johnson he should be able tighten up his route running & footwork. The upside is too hard to pass up at this point in the draft. We feel with a year or two of work he can become a bigger part of the offense and potentially develop into a solid #2 option.

Hard to pass up on him at this point in the draft. He'll be far back in the depth chart but that gives him a chance to develop.

NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snagged out top RB target as well. One pick left in a 7th round pick. I'll work up a long list of targets, some of which will likely fall into the UDFA period. I'd like to compile a full roster. No reason not to use all 90 roster spots..

NickChowaniec wrote:
With pick 140 the Buffalo Bills select...

Andre Williams, RB, Boston College

Marrone loves those workhorse, bigger running backs that fight for yards after contact. Andre Williams fits that mold perfectly. He's a hard working, grind-it-out type of back that will compliment a speedy CJ Spiller and do-it-all back Freddy Jackson. He may not have great speed but that's not something we're looking to get out of him. We expect Williams to come in and earn his carries in short-yardage situations, especially along the goal-line.

BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice work, Nick! Got 2 outstanding prospects.

I really like how our team is looking after this offseason!
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 34 of 35

Jump to: