Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns FFMD War Room:The Fellowship of An Unexpected Journey
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 99, 100, 101, 102  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Team Headquarters???
Helms Deep
38%
 38%  [ 7 ]
Minas Tirith
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Rivendell
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The Shire
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
Erebor
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 18

freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns1987 wrote:
Given how the FA went its not so bad, i just dont think any QB is worth that.
I would rather draft R874SE or R815UL and give them better weapons like I764AN and T944EO or T944UL.

If you guys like it, go for it. We dont need so many picks given how many players we got through FA, i just doubt the real Browns will do something like that and why i would be against that trade.

Because doing things like the real life Browns has worked out so well over the past 17 years Laughing

I vote yes to the trade. It's exactly what it should cost to get a franchise QB (a high 1st, low 1st, two mid rounders, and two depth players). As for who we're picking, there really shouldn't be a question but for the sake of democracy I'm all for having the conversation.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We r trading up for one man.

Any other player doesn't need traded up for.

The majority of the staff is for it but I haven't heard from zel so im willing to wait a bit

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
mas_atc

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this before, but I vote no. Still think we can get out guy and build our team up with the draft picks we have
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if they don't tease the pick, Houston will take teddy.

So who is your guy?

mas_atc

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Well if they don't tease the pick, Houston will take teddy.

So who is your guy?

If teddy is gone I'm going BPA and taking Jimmy. Not saying he is better than teddy. I am saying that I like what our two firsts can contribute now and later than if we trade up of just one. I am just not that sold on him to execute that trade.
mas_atc

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I get I may be in the minority, so if we do trade than I get it. However, if we are putting it to vote than I am voting no and at least giving my reason. I am perfectly fine with majority rule. Not going to throw a tantrum over it.
abbs1988

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote no,

I think we are giving up to many valuable picks; in a very deep and talented draft.

I say we stand, pat at four... get a talented player

then stand, pat or trade down from 26... get another talented player

I wouldn't give up more than our 1st, and our 2nd

LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, KINDNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITHFULNESS, AND SELF-CONTROL
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Well what are both of your plans for our QB spot.

After fa, we have basically no holes except wr

We would still have picks in rounds 2,3,4,5,6,7

Our biggest fault is QB.

Hrs the best in the draft and if we have to go up for him, then I'm fine with it.

I guess we need to have more discussion on this

I'd personally rather give up 3 1sts for Stafford than two 1sts, Kitchen, a 3rd this year and a 3rd conditional (possibly 2nd...if it became a 1st the trade was worth it in all likelihood) next year for the #1 pick. I don't think our selection there will bust, I just don't see a very high ceiling, probably Sam Bradford.

That being said, in this game whether attempting to make it realistic or not its all about perception. If the majority perception is that who we select at #1 is equal to Stafford or really close it would be the right move.

I think the majority will approve this trade and I am okay with it...It doesn't mean I would actually like it to happen on draft day for the real team, but it also doesn't mean it wouldn't work out. That guy might lead us to a championship or multiple. Then I would thank my lucky stars that the powers that be made the call.

Your move, powers that be.
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get this "oh, Teddy doesn't have a high ceiling" talk. I don't get it at all. How many of the top 5 QBs in the league right now are crazy athletic? How many of them have howitzers for arms? The answer to both those questions (IMO) is none.

The top five right now is Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Manning, and one of Rivers/Luck/Wilson. The only one there with "great" arm strength is Luck/Rivers. The only ones who are crazy athletic are Luck/Wilson.

The traits that all those top QB share to one degree or another are pocket presence, intelligence, extremely good accuracy, defense reading, and timing/decision making. Every single one of those traits is a major + for Bridgewater. So I don't get this "teddy has a low ceiling" stuff. His realistic ceiling is top 10 QB, now could he miss out on that? Sure, but acting like he can't be a top 10 QB because he's skinny and isn't a runner like Cam/Kaep/RG3 just makes no sense to me.

Also, we're not getting Stafford, period. They would have to take something like a 25M dead cap hit this year to trade him to us and they're already low on cap space.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
I don't get this "oh, Teddy doesn't have a high ceiling" talk. I don't get it at all. How many of the top 5 QBs in the league right now are crazy athletic? How many of them have howitzers for arms? The answer to both those questions (IMO) is none.

The top five right now is Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Manning, and one of Rivers/Luck/Wilson. The only one there with "great" arm strength is Luck/Rivers. The only ones who are crazy athletic are Luck/Wilson.

The traits that all those top QB share to one degree or another are pocket presence, intelligence, extremely good accuracy, defense reading, and timing/decision making. Every single one of those traits is a major + for Bridgewater. So I don't get this "teddy has a low ceiling" stuff. His realistic ceiling is top 10 QB, now could he miss out on that? Sure, but acting like he can't be a top 10 QB because he's skinny and isn't a runner like Cam/Kaep/RG3 just makes no sense to me.

Also, we're not getting Stafford, period. They would have to take something like a 25M dead cap hit this year to trade him to us and they're already low on cap space.

I wouldnt say luck has great arm strength, he has good arm strength
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
freakygeniuskid wrote:

I wouldnt say luck has great arm strength, he has good arm strength

Teddy could become the greatest QB of all time, it is true. He could also be the worst, or at least in Geno Smith's category (too soon to judge that harshly I know but I didn't like him at all coming out as a top pick...which it turned out he wasn't anyway). I see him likely being Bradford, accurate, decent arm, smart but lacking a killer instinct (just something I am using that makes no sense to help my argument). There really is no floor or ceiling because players go above and below those all of the time.

Stafford trade wouldn't happen in reality, I was just using him as an example of what I would trade for the equivalent of 3 1st round picks. Someone who I have seen play in the NFL and done a good job. I'd give up 5 1st for Aaron Rodgers.

I would say Luck has good deep ball arm strength great intermediate ball arm strength. He puts the ball on a rope in the 25-40 range (through the air) its eye popping sometimes. Overall I'd say between good and great. Not a cannon like the top 3 or so guys but better than 80% of starting QB's in the NFL.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because the "price" for Stafford is 3 1sts, doesn't mean they r gonna do it.

Teddy is a a very good prospect. Not great but very good. I think he could be a top ten guy. Doesmt matter how u value the picks, it's our biggest need and most important spot on the field. We are not giving up that much guys.

I'm stunned by this

Fa filled the gaps and we retained our key fa's.

Time to finish it

hornbybrown

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Just because the "price" for Stafford is 3 1sts, doesn't mean they r gonna do it.

Teddy is a a very good prospect. Not great but very good. I think he could be a top ten guy. Doesmt matter how u value the picks, it's our biggest need and most important spot on the field. We are not giving up that much guys.

I'm stunned by this

Fa filled the gaps and we retained our key fa's.

Time to finish it

Which only gets finished if teddy is good.....

I'm fine with the trade for him but plenty don't rate him and that's not just in here

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok

I can't get a hold of Zel and I know it's Saturday and it's late. As much as I as want to trade up for our guy, it looks like the majority that have posted do not want to do it.

In the end majority rules and this is a democracy.

If I had my way, we would do the trade and complete our team, by I know we can get in trouble for not listening to the majority.

This is the most painful [inappropriate/removed] thing that I've ever had to do, but we will decline the trade with Houston and stay put.

My god have mercy on our souls.

Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I WANT A GOD DAMN QUARTERBACK NUG!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 99, 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 100 of 102

Jump to: