Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft Scenarios
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which one you like best?
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
63%
 63%  [ 12 ]
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
None...they're all horrible
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 19

CriminalMind

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
anything but 3.

Really?

lose Griffen Sad
sign CB Grimes Smile , DT Joseph Smile , S Wright Smile
8-WR SAMMY WATKINS CLEMSON Smile
40-DE TRENT MURPHY STANFORD Smile Smile
72-ILB CHRISTIAN JONES FLORIDA STATE Smile
96-QB JIMMY GAROPPOLO EASTERN ILLINOIS Smile
104-C/G BRYAN STORK FLORIDA STATE
136-CB ROSS COCKRELL DUKE Smile
168-DT RYAN CARRETHERS ARKANSAS STATE
200-DE WILL CLARKE WVU

Thats a significant, defensive overhaul there..... along with adding a QB + possible G + best WR in the draft.

Robison-Joseph-Floyd-Murphy
Jones-MLB-Greenway
Rhodes-Grimes
Smith-Wright

But realistically speaking, the Free Agent signings are beyond optimistic for these scenarios....
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ididn't look at FA....only draft. Sorry. should really concentrate on work....
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That said, I just don't want to use the 8th pick on a WR, given where this team is rigt now. I could be wrong, of course. He could be Moss/Megatron.
Vikings21

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
That said, I just don't want to use the 8th pick on a WR, given where this team is rigt now. I could be wrong, of course. He could be Moss/Megatron.

I agree where our team is it would be tough to take Watkins. I compare it to when we had Chester Taylor we didn't need Adrian Peterson but the talent was to hard to pass up. I look at it as our offense would be even more dangerous with Watkins and Patterson outside put Jennings I'm the slot. I think any QB can succeed with that.

Last edited by Vikings21 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings21 wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:

I agree where our team is it would be tough to take Watkins. I compare it to when we had Chester Taylor we didn't need Adrian Paterson but the talent was to hard to pass up. I look at it as our offense would be even more dangerous with Watkins and Patterson outside put Jennings I'm the slot. I think any QB can succeed with that.

I love Adrian Peterson, but what if they had kept CT and drafted a great defensive player there instead? Would the team have been better? What about a WR or whatever. For all Peterson has done for this team, they haven't won much, and that's because football is a team game. I'm not convinced taking Peterson was the right move overall for this team's success. And I can't believe I just typed those words.
Vikings21

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
Vikings21 wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:

I agree where our team is it would be tough to take Watkins. I compare it to when we had Chester Taylor we didn't need Adrian Paterson but the talent was to hard to pass up. I look at it as our offense would be even more dangerous with Watkins and Patterson outside put Jennings I'm the slot. I think any QB can succeed with that.

I love Adrian Peterson, but what if they had kept CT and drafted a great defensive player there instead? Would the team have been better? What about a WR or whatever. For all Peterson has done for this team, they haven't won much, and that's because football is a team game. I'm not convinced taking Peterson was the right move overall for this team's success. And I can't believe I just typed those words.

I get where your coming from 100% if I remember correctly we could've drafted Patrick Wills or Darrelle Revis. But also this is when we needed a QB and everyone was clamoring for Brady Quinn so even though we haven't won much with Peterson I would hate to think what would've happened if Quinn was here lol I think if this draft scenario does play out Garoppolo will be a good QB. With this draft I think we would win more with Peterson.
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

battle2heaven wrote:
Klomp wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
would anyone want anything other than Option #2...?

Is Bridgewater really the best fit for our system?

I believe the best QB in the draft can be molded to fit any offensive system. Or at least, have the system molded around his strengths.

I'm not even convinced he's the best QB in the draft. At this point last year, Geno Smith was the clear-cut favorite to go first overall.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: