Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Orleans Saints 2014 Offseason Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FLOODx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: New Orleans Saints 2014 Offseason Thread Reply with quote

If one's already made and I don't see it just lock this one up, if not we can post all breaking news, ideas, and anything involving the offseason in here.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
FLOODx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@caplannfl: #Lions claimed S Isa Abdul-Quddus off waivers from the #Saints.

Quote:
@RavensInsider: Saints cut Eric Frampton

Adopt-a-Saint
jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From RotoWorld:

ESPN Saints reporter Mike Triplett believes there's a "strong chance" C Brian De La Puente will walk in free agency.
Triplett only sees De La Puente returning "at a very affordable rate." The Saints have nearly $14 million committed to guards Jahri Evans and Ben Grubbs for 2014, and De La Puente could potentially be replaced in-house by 2013 UDFA Tom Lelito. Lelito flashed some promise in two rookie-year starts at guard. Source: ESPN.com Feb 3 - 4:15 PM

Free agent OT Charles Brown is not expected back with the Saints.
Brown finally stayed healthy in 2013, but lost his job to rookie Terron Armstead down the stretch. Brown wound up grading 66th among 76 qualifiers in Pro Football Focus' offensive tackle ratings. The 2010 second-round pick likely won't draw interest as a starter, but Brown could resurface as a swing tackle. Source: ESPN.com Feb 3 - 5:31 PM

^NS922 on the sig^
FLOODx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcvoodoo wrote:
From RotoWorld:

ESPN Saints reporter Mike Triplett believes there's a "strong chance" C Brian De La Puente will walk in free agency.
Triplett only sees De La Puente returning "at a very affordable rate." The Saints have nearly $14 million committed to guards Jahri Evans and Ben Grubbs for 2014, and De La Puente could potentially be replaced in-house by 2013 UDFA Tom Lelito. Lelito flashed some promise in two rookie-year starts at guard. Source: ESPN.com Feb 3 - 4:15 PM

Brown finally stayed healthy in 2013, but lost his job to rookie Terron Armstead down the stretch. Brown wound up grading 66th among 76 qualifiers in Pro Football Focus' offensive tackle ratings. The 2010 second-round pick likely won't draw interest as a starter, but Brown could resurface as a swing tackle. Source: ESPN.com Feb 3 - 5:31 PM

Good news! After letting Faine and Goodwin walk I figured the Saints may do the same with DLP. Always that fear that your team brings back the wrong FAs though.

Adopt-a-Saint
Raves

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
jcvoodoo wrote:
From RotoWorld:

Good news! After letting Faine and Goodwin walk I figured the Saints may do the same with DLP. Always that fear that your team brings back the wrong FAs though.

The real question is more if Lelito can play center. It might sound like an easy transition but from what I understand its' a lot harder than you think, especially with the Saints in the shotgun a lot. He will need to put a lot of practice in to become our starting center.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
FLOODx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
FLOODx wrote:
jcvoodoo wrote:
From RotoWorld:

The real question is more if Lelito can play center. It might sound like an easy transition but from what I understand its' a lot harder than you think, especially with the Saints in the shotgun a lot. He will need to put a lot of practice in to become our starting center.

I'm just ready to move on from DLP. I trust the decisions Payton and Loomis make with the OL. They've done well in the past.

Adopt-a-Saint
jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
FLOODx wrote:
jcvoodoo wrote:
From RotoWorld:

Lelito is smart and talented... just needs practice and experience. He'll be fine. This is why I love Worm's latest mock! We draft a true OC and groom him.

^NS922 on the sig^
kelsobob

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the center -QB exchange will be the most important part that he will have to learn. Im sure hes been practicing it already. Then he has all the OTA's, off season personal training and training camp to perfect it.
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know how legit this guy is, buuuuuuuuut...

NFL_DRAFT_Bites ‏@NFLDraftBites15m
Saints will negotiate extension Darren Sproles which reduces $ 4.25 M Cap Figure & ensures Darren remains w/ team beyond 2014.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

AD 4 MVP!

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
Harper41

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:

Saints will negotiate extension Darren Sproles which reduces $ 4.25 M Cap Figure & ensures Darren remains w/ team beyond 2014.

Extending old, declining players. That always works out. Rolling Eyes

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

I'd be fine with it if it's a one year extension and we cut PT. I really do not want to keep both Sproles and PT, even though I love PT more than Sproles, if they decide to extent Sproles I'd want him cut.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

AD 4 MVP!

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
Harper41

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

I'd be fine with it if it's a one year extension and we cut PT. I really do not want to keep both Sproles and PT, even though I love PT more than Sproles, if they decide to extent Sproles I'd want him cut.

If they extend Sproles and cut PT I'd be livid. PT is such a better overall HB than Sproles. Heck, he's probably better than Sproles as a receiver and a runner. If anything, they need to extend Pierre another year or two. He hasn't shown any signs of wearing down.

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
FLOODx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Saints: Sean Payton talks about the 2013 season, Jimmy Graham on @FFD http://t.co/dLmC4Lndlf #Saints

Cool interview with Payton once you get past the crossfit part Laughing Last thing coach says gives us a hint of what's to come this offseason.

Adopt-a-Saint
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
@Saints: Sean Payton talks about the 2013 season, Jimmy Graham on @FFD http://t.co/dLmC4Lndlf #Saints

Cool interview with Payton once you get past the crossfit part Laughing Last thing coach says gives us a hint of what's to come this offseason.

Translation... Jimmy gettin signed but some veterans gettin cut!

Factor that in with Mickey Loomis's comment a few days ago about making sure he leaves himself enough room to improve the roster via free agency... I think there's gonna be quite a few long tenured vets let go from this ball club very soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Harper41

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone surprised by any of this? We all knew lots of veterans would be getting cut. Will Smith, Roman Harper, Jabari Greer and the possibility of Lance Moore, Darren Sproles and Pierre Thomas. This isn't anything new Laughing

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 1 of 32

Jump to: