Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Under the radar players in the draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seantaylorfan21

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also if looking for a safety, Craig loston from LSU is a good prospect we don't hear much about

Props to Mike23md
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seantaylorfan21 wrote:
Also if looking for a safety, Craig loston from LSU is a good prospect we don't hear much about

Big hitter but he is abysmal in coverage. I wouldn't touch him before the 5th round.

mike23md on the sig!
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been reading a lot of good things about Ed Reynolds (Stanford).
As a FS, He doesn't make a lot of impact plays, but he doesn't make many mistakes.

From the various reports I've read, he's a very intelligent player that acts as safety net.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
As a FS, He doesn't make a lot of impact plays, but he doesn't make many mistakes.

From the various reports I've read, he's a very intelligent player that acts as safety net.

6'2 206lbs
I think he ran a 4.5 40yd at the combine.

Here's the skinny on the reports I've read:

"Physical and instinctive with a surprising late burst to close and can handle receivers and tight ends"

"Lanky build. Physical and instinctive."

"Good agility and acceleration to cover TE out of the slot and provide cover over the top."

" Reads the action and moves fluidly showing nice late burst to close on the ball and terrific vision and open field running ability when he has the ball after a turnover."

" Understands his role as last line of defense and takes excellent angles in pursuit."

" Is a force in run defense. Savvy defender and reliable open-field tackler. Breaks down well in space and delivers a pop on contact"

This is why I was standing on the table in FFMD for us to pick this guy up!!!!

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another guy I love is Jordan Tripp - LB

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:

6'2 206lbs

"Physical and instinctive with a surprising late burst to close and can handle receivers and tight ends"

"Good agility and acceleration to cover TE out of the slot and provide cover over the top."

" Reads the action and moves fluidly showing nice late burst to close on the ball and terrific vision and open field running ability when he has the ball after a turnover."

" Understands his role as last line of defense and takes excellent angles in pursuit."

" Is a force in run defense. Savvy defender and reliable open-field tackler. Breaks down well in space and delivers a pop on contact"

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2014ereynolds.php

Developmental mid round pick. We have a few of those guys as reserves to Meriweather. I just don't see the point. I've seen he regressed in 2013, only one int in his 1st game vs San Jose St. He's not a reliable run defender...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1759757/ed-reynolds

Quote:
WEAKNESSES: Missed 2011 season due to knee injury (ACL). Aggressive nature can be used against him at times, getting burned on occasion by cut-back runs from quicker ballcarriers. Ejected from one game in 2013 for targeting, displaying bad habit of leading with his helmet, which will draw personal fouls in the NFL.

Only one highly-productive season in terms of creating turnovers while playing on a defense with dominating front seven, and must prove he can make impact plays on consistent basis.
his weaknesses scare me from reading Walterfootball & Cbs...

I don't know, I'd stick with what we have and continue to develop Gumbs, Rambo, Robinson & Thompson

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
big44dog

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:

reliable open-field tackler

Sold!
DCRED

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:

6'2 206lbs

Thai, if he was available in the 6th I apologize. But I don't remember you bringing him up to me or I think I would have agreed before pushing someone else. Maybe it was just in your PM's?
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:

6'2 206lbs

Thai, if he was available in the 6th I apologize. But I don't remember you bringing him up to me or I think I would have agreed before pushing someone else. Maybe it was just in your PM's?
We were thinking of taking him in the 3rd round if I remember corectly

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
We were thinking of taking him in the 3rd round if I remember corectly

Yeah turtle- sounds right because Reynolds went in the 4th
Thanks!
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:

Love this guy! To me, he looked like the best LBer in the on-field drills of the combine. He is an excellent sleeper to keep an eye on! I also thought Jordan Zumwalt from UCLA looked real good in those drills.

mike23md on the sig!
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

Love this guy! To me, he looked like the best LBer in the on-field drills of the combine. He is an excellent sleeper to keep an eye on! I also thought Jordan Zumwalt from UCLA looked real good in those drills.
id take either late in the draft, although, I'm not sure either is any different than a guy we had on the practice squad last year - Will Compton.

Maybe Zumwalt is I saw him play several times the past few years, he's an animal.

I was reading that Tripp misses too many tackles for Mike Mayocks liking, should be a red flag coming from a Montana and missing tackles to the NFL where the athletes he'll face are 10 times better.

TruSkinsFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I have a question here. I was wondering about this young WR name Brandin Cooks from Oregon St. from what I'm seeing from the NFL combine is a guy who has excellent talent and did great at the combine. I hardly watch college football it's just not my thing, so what do you think about this guy Brandin Cooks here, and would he be a good fit for the Skins? Smile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TruSkinsFan wrote:
Hey guys, I have a question here. I was wondering about this young WR name Brandin Cooks from Oregon St. from what I'm seeing from the NFL combine is a guy who has excellent talent and did great at the combine. I hardly watch college football it's just not my thing, so what do you think about this guy Brandin Cooks here, and would he be a good fit for the Skins? Smile
He'd be a great pick for the skins. He's likely to be taken before the skins pick though. He's one of the few wide receivers I'd take @ 34. He performed well at Oregon ST, was very, very productive and as you said he was great the combine. He's very consistent as well.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/brandin-cooks?id=2543498

He reminds me of a better Sanatana Moss in his prime, a Steve Smith type player.

DCRED

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

id take either late in the draft, although, I'm not sure either is any different than a guy we had on the practice squad last year - Will Compton.

Maybe Zumwalt is I saw him play several times the past few years, he's an animal.

I was reading that Tripp misses too many tackles for Mike Mayocks liking, should be a red flag coming from a Montana and missing tackles to the NFL where the athletes he'll face are 10 times better.

Good point

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: