Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Under the radar players in the draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Most articles state that it was due to team rules violations.

But.

I think and feel that this kid will come into the NFL with a chip on his shoulder, much like how he played at WKU and light it up.

If we do not retain Riley, I think grabbing this kid in the 5,6 range would be just fine and I think he would actually be a starter by mid season if not before the season started.

I like what I see on the field.

Me too. Which is why I would love for us to grab him in the 5th, 6th or 7th round. I think he has maybe 3rd/4th round ability but is going to slide because of the cloud hanging over him. He's gonna be extremely salty when he gets to the NFL and that's what I want out of our defense. I want guys that will go in and tear people's heads off (figuratively of course).

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
killacam

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before the season started I'm 99% sure he was projected as a top 10 or 15 player!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killacam wrote:
Before the season started I'm 99% sure he was projected as a top 10 or 15 player!!!!

No he wasn't. He was at best a 2nd rounder

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuckleyBoy wrote:
killacam wrote:

This, before the season he was a fringe second rounder or third rounder
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:
killacam wrote:

And to me, the film showed someone who's just a 2 down defender at the NFL.

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuckleyBoy wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:
killacam wrote:

And to me, the film showed someone who's just a 2 down defender at the NFL.
Yep. I agree 100
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
a2piece89

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion Bailey/purifoy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a2piece89 wrote:
Dion Bailey/purifoy
I can dig it if they're there in round 3 and 4
mike23md

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been reading some good things about Deonne Bucannon from Washington State at S.

I think that he could develop into something big at FS if we dont draft one.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
I have been reading some good things about Deonne Bucannon from Washington State at S.

That's my guy right now. I know some people don't like his coverage skills all that much but he did have 6 (I think?) ints this year and showed incredible range (see Stanford endzone INT) and reaction time. He kind of reminds me of LaRon but with better hands. Like Laron, he has great range but not necessarily great coverage skills. They both lay the wood and have great size and speed to play the strong safety position. They both excel at SS but if forced to play FS they can do it, it's just not ideal.

mike23md on the sig!
tyler735

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
mike23md wrote:

That's my guy right now. I know some people don't like his coverage skills all that much but he did have 6 (I think?) ints this year and showed incredible range (see Stanford endzone INT) and reaction time. He kind of reminds me of LaRon but with better hands. Like Laron, he has great range but not necessarily great coverage skills. They both lay the wood and have great size and speed to play the strong safety position. They both excel at SS but if forced to play FS they can do it, it's just not ideal.

Why not wait and see what we have in Phillip Thomas before going this route. Many people including myself felt that Phillip Thomas in the 4th round was a huge steal last year. I would rather not tie up a valuable pick before we find out what we have in Phillip Thomas who fits this exact mold of SS that can play FS if needed.
MikeT14

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
mike23md wrote:

Why not wait and see what we have in Phillip Thomas before going this route. Many people including myself felt that Phillip Thomas in the 4th round was a huge steal last year. I would rather not tie up a valuable pick before we find out what we have in Phillip Thomas who fits this exact mold of SS that can play FS if needed.

If he fits the exact mold of SS, he should stay there instead of forcing something where it might not work... Still need a FS.

- mike23md on the sig!
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
mike23md wrote:

I totally agree with you Tyler and there are a lot of Guys in Free Agency who are still available and can be stop gaps at FS - including the guy we had here last year, Brandon Meriweather. I know no one loves him, but he wasn't terrible. If he's brought back though, I'd still like to get someone better in coverage next to him.

This teams lack of coverage from the safety postion has plagued it since Sean died in 2007.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
mike23md wrote:

If he fits the exact mold of SS, he should stay there instead of forcing something where it might not work... Still need a FS.
Wait, isn't Bucannon a SS? Mike23md doesn't like his coverage skills...

STAP admits that he's got good range but not good cover skills... Like Laron Landry? Mr I can run fast, kill things, but I can't cover (especially a double move) and I can't wrap up and actually tackle offensive players?

Why would we even consider this Buccannon guy?

Tyler is exactly right. Thomas is the guy we need to see develop at SS and see if he can play some FS, we need to see what Gumbs, Rambo and Robinson have with another offseason in our system and we need to put a good coverage safety with whomever starts at SS. We need to get ourselves a true FS. We need coverage, no more drafting undersized linebackers who can't cover in space.
seantaylorfan21

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stanley Jean Baptise. He's 6'3 like Sherman played receiver first two years in college and then cb. Plays physical and has good ball skills. Could be picked in the 4th or later

Maybe like this

2nd: Kelvin Benjamin
3rd: telvin smith or Christian jones
4th: Stanley Jean Baptise
5th: DRI Archer or deanthony thomas

Props to Mike23md

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: