Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Under the radar players in the draft
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcus21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Under the radar players in the draft Reply with quote

A player that I really like is Telvin Smith OLB FSU 6'3 218

If this guy can run close to a 4.50, I think he would make a great SS. He really stood out to me at the Senior Bowl. He was all over the field, and seemed to be a great tackler!! I think he will be way to small to play OLB in the NFL, but he has pefect size to play SS.

What do you guys think?
tyler735

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Under the radar players in the draft Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:

If this guy can run close to a 4.50, I think he would make a great SS. He really stood out to me at the Senior Bowl. He was all over the field, and seemed to be a great tackler!! I think he will be way to small to play OLB in the NFL, but he has pefect size to play SS.

What do you guys think?

I thought I read somewhere during the senior bowl that he wants to stay at LB in the nfl. If he could put on a few more lbs I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him to fill our ilb spot. He's played both ILB and OLB at FSU. I think he'd be a good duo with Perry since Smith would be able to focus more on coverage and Perry run stopping
Marcus21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Under the radar players in the draft Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

What do you guys think?

I thought I read somewhere during the senior bowl that he wants to stay at LB in the nfl. If he could put on a few more lbs I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him to fill our ilb spot. He's played both ILB and OLB at FSU. I think he'd be a good duo with Perry since Smith would be able to focus more on coverage and Perry run stopping

If 218 is accurate...he would have to put close to 30 lbs on to play ILB. Thats alot to ask in a summer!!
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Jackson is the under the radar player I want. He could be had in the 4th and will most likely be a stud.
Marcus21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Andrew Jackson is the under the radar player I want. He could be had in the 4th and will most likely be a stud.

I like Jackson as well... I think we could possibly get him in the 5th or 6th. He may shoot up the draft boards after the combine if he had good workouts. Off the field issues may cause him to slide a bit. Time will tell! I dont like him as much as Yawin Smallwood and Christian Jones! I like the taller faster ILBs that can help in coverage. Jackson is a pure thumper..very limited in coverage!
Marcus21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Ellis NT 6'2 342 LTech

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=92853&draftyear=2014&genpos=DT

Quote:
01/21/14 - 2014 Senior Bowl: 10 observations from Monday's North practice...8. Louisiana Tech DT Justin Ellis picked up right where he left off last week at the Shrine Game, using his quickness and snap anticipation to surge past blockers before they were in a stance. He is a quick thinker and reacts well to what the blocker wants to do, either attacking with pure momentum or using a spin or sidestep move to get past him. Ellis, who weighed nine pounds lighter from the Shrine Game weigh-ins, has helped himself as much as anyone the past two weeks and shouldn't last long on the draft's third day. - Dane Brugler

I like the idea of moving Cofield over to DE and use a true NT. This is a big man that kinda reminds me of Vince Wilfork!

Last edited by Marcus21 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
Justin Ellis NT 6'2 342

[url]NFLDraftScout.com[/url]

Quote:
01/21/14 - 2014 Senior Bowl: 10 observations from Monday's North practice...8. Louisiana Tech DT Justin Ellis picked up right where he left off last week at the Shrine Game, using his quickness and snap anticipation to surge past blockers before they were in a stance. He is a quick thinker and reacts well to what the blocker wants to do, either attacking with pure momentum or using a spin or sidestep move to get past him. Ellis, who weighed nine pounds lighter from the Shrine Game weigh-ins, has helped himself as much as anyone the past two weeks and shouldn't last long on the draft's third day. - Dane Brugler

I like the idea of moving Cofield over to DE and use a true NT. This is a big man that kinda reminds me of Vince Wilfork!
Me too. He seems like an exciting prospect.

Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
tyler735

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Under the radar players in the draft Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

What do you guys think?

If 218 is accurate...he would have to put close to 30 lbs on to play ILB. Thats alot to ask in a summer!!

Jonathan Vilma came into league at 230. If smith adds ten lbs he could play ilb
PSID412

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
Justin Ellis NT 6'2 342

[url]NFLDraftScout.com[/url]

Quote:

Me too. He seems like an exciting prospect.

100% Agree

^ Awesome sig by Mike23md
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

I like Jackson as well... I think we could possibly get him in the 5th or 6th. He may shoot up the draft boards after the combine if he had good workouts. Off the field issues may cause him to slide a bit. Time will tell! I dont like him as much as Yawin Smallwood and Christian Jones! I like the taller faster ILBs that can help in coverage. Jackson is a pure thumper..very limited in coverage!

So would you be using a 2nd or third on those guys?
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Under the radar players in the draft Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

What do you guys think?

I doubt he plays Ilb in the nfl. I think he's a WLB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marcus21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

I would use my 3rd on either. Preferably Smallwood!
tyler735

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Under the radar players in the draft Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

What do you guys think?

I doubt he plays Ilb in the nfl. I think he's a WLB
He very likely will, but if our staff likes him, I think he could play well in a coverage role as an ILB for us.
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

Smallwood could be a early 4th. And Jones as well. Just depends on their combines and pro days.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making this a sticky

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: