You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

News and Notes of the Off-Season v1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the way home from work, I heard Patrick crayton and Jesse Holley on Ben and skin claiming that Garrett totally sabotaged wade, also that crayton was released because he was making Garrett look bad in meetings because he would come up with better offensive ideas.

Honestly, I'd give this idea a lot more credence if it wasn't Holley (who has proven himself pretty dumb in post game analysis) and crayton saying it.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
On the way home from work, I heard Patrick crayton and Jesse Holley on Ben and skin claiming that Garrett totally sabotaged wade, also that crayton was released because he was making Garrett look bad in meetings because he would come up with better offensive ideas.

Honestly, I'd give this idea a lot more credence if it wasn't Holley (who has proven himself pretty dumb in post game analysis) and crayton saying it.

TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:

I've been saying that since he got Wade fired. It's one of the primary reasons that I don't like Redball. Wade was just too dumb to see it coming.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Dallas94Ware

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Garrett's play design really is not that creative. He's pretty conventional. Maybe even a tad old fashioned.

But know what? So is most of the league now. After so many decades and decades, there is only so many ways to come up with new things, be creative, or even just be different from the majority. At some point, just about everything has been done in some way. That point, has been the last 7 or 8 years.

And those that try to be different or creative, are really just rehashing stuff that was thought to be outdated or not work well in the NFL, such as the wildcat, read option, the pistol, spread base formations and the singleback.

So while Crayton is yanking his own chain there, there is some merit to what he is saying. Garrett isn't creative. But no one really is anymore.

Coaching football is just my way of staying close to the game.
Read the Football FAQ!
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am laughing at the concept of Crayton having any ideas whatsoever.

In no way am I saying that Redball is a master craftsman of the offensive caliber. I am, 100%, mocking Crayton.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:

So Garrett sabotaged Phillips. They should have asked if Crayton was on that bandwagon, since it was he that completely whiffed on an easy TD pass vs NYG in '08. SMH. Crayton is such a turd.

Kiltman on the sig & avy
bigDallasFan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK guys, realistically speaking, what deals can we expect Dallas to make over the next week of transactions? Its a given that the Ware restructure will happen.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigDallasFan wrote:
OK guys, realistically speaking, what deals can we expect Dallas to make over the next week of transactions? Its a given that the Ware restructure will happen.

How so?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cause they have already started talking about a new deal. Or at least, that's what I've been told.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigDallasFan wrote:
Cause they have already started talking about a new deal. Or at least, that's what I've been told.

It likely wouldn't be a restructure, but a pay cut. There's a difference.

^^^El Rammy
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=543720

Rashard Mendenhall retires.

^^^El Rammy
textaz03

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@CowboysTalkLine: Report: Up to eight teams interested in Jason Hatcher #cowboysnation http://t.co/FTr0sDdcia
textaz03

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@calvinwatkins: Anthony Spencer has nearly 7 teams interested in him.
htfryar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
@CowboysTalkLine: Report: Up to eight teams interested in Jason Hatcher #cowboysnation http://t.co/FTr0sDdcia

and

textaz03 wrote:
@calvinwatkins: Anthony Spencer has nearly 7 teams interested in him.

I bet the "sources" for both of those are the players' agents. Hatcher had a few solid years, 1 really good year, is aging and has a me first attitude. Spencer is coming off microfracture surgery. Any interest in him will be from teams looking to get him cheap.

My how the years have flown by.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: