You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Five in/Five out for 2014-15
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
raaka


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 257
Location: PDX
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Five in/Five out for 2014-15 Reply with quote

The 2013 playoffs brought some interesting new teams to the playoffs, and as per usual 5 teams (which is the average since 2000) swapped places in and out of the playoffs.

It's looking way ahead but who do you think will bounce back and claim a spot next year? Maybe a team who hasn't been relevant for years claims a spot? Who had a seemingly good 2013 campaign but will fall short in 2014?

Here's the playoff participants from the last 4 seasons. New teams in bold.


Quote:
Seed AFC NFC

2010 - 4 new teams
1 New England Patriots (East winner) Atlanta Falcons (South winner)
2 Pittsburgh Steelers (North winner) Chicago Bears (North winner)
3 Indianapolis Colts (South winner) Philadelphia Eagles (East winner)
4 Kansas City Chiefs (West winner) Seattle Seahawks (West winner)
5 Baltimore Ravens (wild card) New Orleans Saints (wild card)
6 New York Jets (wild card) Green Bay Packers (wild card)

2011 - 6 new teams
1 New England Patriots (East winner) Green Bay Packers (North winner)
2 Baltimore Ravens (North winner) San Francisco 49ers (West winner)
3 Houston Texans (South winner) New Orleans Saints (South winner)
4 Denver Broncos (West winner) New York Giants (East winner)
5 Pittsburgh Steelers (wild card) Atlanta Falcons (wild card)
6 Cincinnati Bengals (wild card) Detroit Lions (wild card)

2012 - 4 new teams
1 Denver Broncos (West winner) Atlanta Falcons (South winner)
2 New England Patriots (East winner) San Francisco 49ers (West winner)
3 Houston Texans (South winner) Green Bay Packers (North winner)
4 Baltimore Ravens (North winner) Washington Redskins (East winner)
5 Indianapolis Colts (wild card) Seattle Seahawks (wild card)
6 Cincinnati Bengals (wild card) Minnesota Vikings (wild card)

2013 - 5 new teams
1 Denver Broncos (West winner) Seattle Seahawks (West winner)
2 New England Patriots (East winner) Carolina Panthers (South winner)
3 Cincinnati Bengals (North winner) Philadelphia Eagles (East winner)
4 Indianapolis Colts (South winner) Green Bay Packers (North winner)
5 Kansas City Chiefs (wild card) San Francisco 49ers (wild card)
6 San Diego Chargers (wild card) New Orleans Saints (wild card)


For 2014, my picks as of now are:
5 OUT
Cincinnati (AFC)
San Diego (AFC)
Indianapolis (AFC)
New Orleans (NFC)
Philadelphia (NFC)

5 IN
Pittsburgh (AFC)
New York (AFC)
Houston (AFC)
Washington (NFC)
Chicago (NFC)

What're your thoughts & picks for next seasons playoff carousel?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zacapr22


Joined: 03 Jan 2011
Posts: 1251
Location: East
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so early to make this prediction because we have the whole offseason we have left to go through but I'll still take a shot at this even though we have no real idea what each of these teams will look like next season.

OUT:
Chargers
Chiefs
Panthers
49ers
Seahawks

IN:
Ravens
Dolphins
Rams
Cowboys
Bears

The hard part of this isn't putting the teams in, but taking the teams out of the playoffs. It's hard to predict a team like Seattle or San Fran not making it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detroitroar


Joined: 24 Jan 2011
Posts: 6546
Location: USA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still a lot to be decided before the start of the year, but if I had to choose as of now:

AFC Out:

Bengals (Pressure is mounting on Dalton + Zimmer is gone)
Chiefs (They have maxed out and Denver and San Diego will get better)

AFC In:

Ravens and Steelers: 2 veteran teams who will bounce back

NFC Out:

Eagles (I think their offense will flame out)
Panthers (Their D is legit, but not as good as they appeared due to facing some weak offenses. Cam cannot carry them if need be)
49ers (Kaepernick just isnt a very good QB, and I needed 1 more team)

NFC In:

Dallas (Ive done my share of Romo bashing, but I do believe he will make at least 1 long playoff run before he is done. I see them winning the East.
Cardinals (Really got better as the year went on. I see them picking up where they left off)
Giants (They got better at the end of last year, plus just a gut feeling)


Would love to work the Lions in but they need major upgrades at WR and Im not sure what to expect for a new HC and 1st time coordinators.
_________________
Team Stylish



2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bosox1001


Joined: 23 Jul 2013
Posts: 175
Location: Korea
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course it's early, but that's why it's fun!

Five in
Cardinals - Quietly been getting a bit better past couple years.
Cowboys - Their division will again suck.
Ravens - Flacco is ok, Rice should bounce back.
Steelers - Veteran team capitalizes on a weak conference + Begals will suck
Titans - Honestly, mostly because of the conference and I can't see NYJ or MIA getting in.

Five out
Eagles - Played a bit over their heads, sucked towards the end when it got real.
49ers - Kaepernick gets exposed. Window closed.
Chiefs - Got exposed as a fraud halfway through the year, collapsed in playoffs.
Bengals - Window closed while BAL and PIT were bad, but they'll take a backseat to them.
Chargers - made it by no less than a miracle last year. Wont repeat.


Last edited by bosox1001 on Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
djw4bucs


Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 8635
Location: Smack and El Ramster on the Sigs
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 Out
Cincy
Philly
San Diego
Packers
Saints

5 IN
Bears
Giants
Bucs
Pittsburgh
Miami
_________________

Adopt-a-Buc Kwon Alexander 90 Tackles, 7 Tackles for Loss, 3 Sacks, 1 INT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CrashMan510


Joined: 14 Aug 2012
Posts: 7206
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out

indi
philly
sd
carolina
kc

in

st louis
dallas
houston
buffalo
baltimore
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 39766
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

San Diego has a pretty rough path to the playoffs with the NFC West to play and Denver, KC, New England, etc.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
game3525


Joined: 03 Oct 2009
Posts: 11036
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
San Diego has a pretty rough path to the playoffs with the NFC West to play and Denver, KC, New England, etc.


Lucky for them, they actually play well against the better teams.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TROJANPANTHER


Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 1459
Location: NM
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitroar wrote:

Cam cannot carry them if need be


And you know this how?
_________________

Carolina Kitten - Sig God.

NFL - Panthers
College - USC, UNM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 42661
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosox1001 wrote:
Of course it's early, but that's why it's fun!

Five in
Cardinals - Quietly been getting a bit better past couple years.
Cowboys - Their division will again suck.
Ravens - Flacco is ok, Rice should bounce back.
Steelers - Veteran team capitalizes on a weak conference + Begals will suck
Titans - Honestly, mostly because of the conference and I can't see NYJ or MIA getting in.

Five out
Eagles - Played a bit over their heads, sucked towards the end when it got real.
49ers - Kaepernick gets exposed. Window closed.
Chiefs - Got exposed as a fraud halfway through the year, collapsed in playoffs.
Bengals - Window closed while BAL and PIT were bad, but they'll take a backseat to them.
Chargers - made it by no less than a miracle last year. Wont repeat.



The eagles went 7-1 down the stretch how is that sucking towards the end?
_________________
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 39766
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
bosox1001 wrote:
Of course it's early, but that's why it's fun!

Five in
Cardinals - Quietly been getting a bit better past couple years.
Cowboys - Their division will again suck.
Ravens - Flacco is ok, Rice should bounce back.
Steelers - Veteran team capitalizes on a weak conference + Begals will suck
Titans - Honestly, mostly because of the conference and I can't see NYJ or MIA getting in.

Five out
Eagles - Played a bit over their heads, sucked towards the end when it got real.
49ers - Kaepernick gets exposed. Window closed.
Chiefs - Got exposed as a fraud halfway through the year, collapsed in playoffs.
Bengals - Window closed while BAL and PIT were bad, but they'll take a backseat to them.
Chargers - made it by no less than a miracle last year. Wont repeat.



The eagles went 7-1 down the stretch how is that sucking towards the end?


Also how apparently the Jets and Miami are more competition for the wild card than the Chargers who actually made the playoffs and won a game there?
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RabidPanther89


Joined: 14 Sep 2013
Posts: 533
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carolina will be back in. They are a WR away from being able to beat anyone. If any QB in the NFC South much less the league showed they could carry their team this year it was Cam Newton. Hell he was 80% of our offense plus he had huge 4th qtr come backs this year.


Hate on haters... Hate on
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 45481
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RabidPanther89 wrote:
Carolina will be back in. They are a WR away from being able to beat anyone. If any QB in the NFC South much less the league showed they could carry their team this year it was Cam Newton. Hell he was 80% of our offense plus he had huge 4th qtr come backs this year.


Hate on haters... Hate on


Make a list yourself, and you will be hurting the feelings of fans for five teams as well Laughing . It is just a prediction and nothing wrong with having the Panthers out of the playoffs. The NFC is THAT damn good where some good teams will be left out. Heck, there is no guarantee the Super Bowl champs return to the playoffs, and they are looked upon as the next dynasty.
_________________

El ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 63655
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RabidPanther89 wrote:
Carolina will be back in. They are a WR away from being able to beat anyone. If any QB in the NFC South much less the league showed they could carry their team this year it was Cam Newton. Hell he was 80% of our offense plus he had huge 4th qtr come backs this year.


Hate on haters... Hate on


Boo hoo hoo.

You sound really bitter.

Fact is you play in a great division and a strong conference. The Falcons will definitely be better and them and the Saints could easily take the division and one of the wildcards.

And while the Panthers are good, they arent a slam dunk to make it back next year.

Saints
Seahawks
Packers
Eagles
49ers
Falcons

That could easily be the NFL playoff teams next year. They all have just as good of a chance of making it as the Panthers do next year, barring significant injuries....and there is always a surprise team that steps up.

The Panthers arent a lock. Its not hating...its reality.

Deal with it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
7DnBrnc53


Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 3253
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Five out:

Eagles
49ers
Bengals
Panthers
Colts

Five in:

Browns
Texans
Cardinals
Giants
Bears
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group