Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Super Bowl Game Day Thread - OMAHA!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

struby3 wrote:
This game had surprisingly little effect on me. It's just another day to me.

After the kickoff of the second half, I just started laughing at it all. It was such a major choke job by Manning and the Broncos. Seattle didn't do anything special there. They didn't make great plays. They really just played an average game and humiliated the Broncos. Choke job.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
49ers07F

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
struby3 wrote:

Same for me, I was not pumped for this game at all Laughing.

This is one to two Super Bowls I didn't even bother watching. The other was Super Bowl XXXI and that was because we couldn't get FOX on our TV, we had to listen to it on the radio. Kinda glad its all over though
49ersfan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

struby3 wrote:

i wasn't hyped up for the SB after our loss, until today. it felt so close and of course its the last football game for 7 months. so i felt pumped. but it was clear early on that denver was so outnumbered. add on the fact that its our division rivals blowing them out, they're the youngest team in the league, and the most talented team in the league...seattle is going to make it extremely hard for us to win a SB in the future. they just stopped us this year.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
i hope our stadium designers were smart enough to incorporate some of that noise containing structure in our stadium
if were spending over a billion. im sure adding that would be too much more

Yep, Richard Sherman made an interesting point last year. He said people complain we have an unfair advantage, but why don't any of the new stadiums build theirs like ours? Now a days team just want to make glamorous stadiums that give their team very little advantage. I just hope that isn't the case with our new one.

I may be wrong, but I don't Seattle designed it intentionally for the sound to stay in. The roof over the seats was just for weather. The weather is generally nice in SF (better in Santa Clara), so aside from the sound thing, there's not much use for an overhang in our stadium.

i thought i remembered hearing one of the engineers talk about why and how they did it that way... could be wrong

nonetheless we know it works. were not going completely indoor but hopefully we can have some type of tech that will help keep the noise in

new sig... sorry alex
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
i thought i remembered hearing one of the engineers talk about why and how they did it that way... could be wrong

nonetheless we know it works. were not going completely indoor but hopefully we can have some type of tech that will help keep the noise in

Yeah, I saw that clip to where he talks about making it the way he did.

Deion Sanders just reiterated what Golden Tate told Dan Patrick, Seattle knew SF was their real SB and DEN was going to give them nothing. He said he felt the same way in 94-95 after they beat Dallas before facing SD.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:

Yeah, I saw that clip to where he talks about making it the way he did.

Deion Sanders just reiterated what Golden Tate told Dan Patrick, Seattle knew SF was their real SB and DEN was going to give them nothing. He said he felt the same way in 94-95 after they beat Dallas before facing SD.

You guys are right. I did a quick google search to confirm.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/thompsonscribe/status/430140486209126400

Quote:
This game shows you the potential of Colin Kaepernick. He made stuff happen against this daunting Seattle D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
https://twitter.com/thompsonscribe/status/430140486209126400

Quote:
This game shows you the potential of Colin Kaepernick. He made stuff happen against this daunting Seattle D

Pretty much, and now he needs to work on going through his progressions and his foot work. HUGE offseason for him and the coaching staff.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sucks is we've constantly been the 2nd best team in the league every year. 2011, i'd say we were #2 to the Giants, better than NE. 2012, we were #2 to the Ravens. 2013, #2 to the Seahawks, better than Denver.

At some point, we're going to break through and be the best team...right?

One thing that makes me feel better is how long it took some good head coaches to win a superbowl- mike mccarthy took 5 years, as did john harbaugh. carroll took 4 years in his 3rd stint. coughlin took 4 years with the giants, after a few years with the jaguars. etc etc.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
757-NINER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
struby3 wrote:

i wasn't hyped up for the SB after our loss, until today. it felt so close and of course its the last football game for 7 months. so i felt pumped. but it was clear early on that denver was so outnumbered. add on the fact that its our division rivals blowing them out, they're the youngest team in the league, and the most talented team in the league...seattle is going to make it extremely hard for us to win a SB in the future. they just stopped us this year.

Actually, I think the Rams are youngest team in the league...

As for the Hawks, now that their players have tasted the champagne...now they will want to get paid. They will have some tough decisions coming next off-season and beyond. We've already experienced some of the sting of success and losing key players. We're still right there in the thick of things. Remains to be seen how they will adjust when the time comes. But for now, they're the champs...they've earned it.

And I guess its safe to say, the REAL SB was played 2 weeks ago in Seattle....
Psychlone

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y2's curse. He called it long before we even played them in the NFCCG and it happened... Mad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
I'm more confident with Kaepernick for next year after watching this game and the Saints one Laughing .

That's what I was thinking Laughing

I wanted Peyton to win it, but glad people are FINALLY seeing what this defense is all about. You simply aren't going to beat them through the air when they make you one dimensional. Seattle COMPLETELY shut Manning and Brees down while Kaepernick was making things happen until the end. Was the 4th quarter acceptable? HELL no, but Kaepernick simply isn't great enough to beat a defense like this with his arm yet. We are all hoping he takes the next step so we could win the game that we lost a few weeks ago.

It's important to note that the pass blocking by Denver was really terrible. People complained about our o-line, but it was nowhere near as bad as Denver. Peyton gets rid of the ball faster than anyone in the league and even he didn't have enough time. So one key to beating Seattle, I think, is being able to give the QB enough time to set up and find someone.

Agreed that one-dimensional is not going to get the job done. We need to be able to pass and to run, and we can't allow their defense to dictate which we do. But running out of jumbo formations and 1-WR sets just plays into their hands too. It doesn't spread them out enough, and cuts down on our passing options. Seattle is simply not a team where we can line up 8 men on the los and say "here we come" and expect to gain consistent yardage that way. They can be beat every now and then, but we're not going to out-muscle them consistently.

By contrast, I loved what Seattle did with their offense yesterday. Could any of you guess before the play whether it was going to be a pass or a run? Not likely. They really mixed things up. And even with Lynch, they still didn't run out of jumbo formations and dare Denver to stop them. And they connected on a lot of short, quick and easy passes, which opened thing up for the deeper stuff they wanted to throw. The offensive approach they used against Denver is exactly what I think would work against them.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Even though Seattle won, it isn't ironic that sherman didn't even finish the game?

Earlier in this thread someone said there was no Karma in this game. Maybe the Sherman injury was just some little bit of Karma showing up after all.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Even though Seattle won, it isn't ironic that sherman didn't even finish the game?

Earlier in this thread someone said there was no Karma in this game. Maybe the Sherman injury was just some little bit of Karma showing up after all.

My hope is that it becomes a chronic injury. I have no problem with him playing 2 games a year, like Harvin, as long as he signs a fat extension first.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
big9erfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
I may be wrong, but I don't Seattle designed it intentionally for the sound to stay in. The roof over the seats was just for weather. The weather is generally nice in SF (better in Santa Clara), so aside from the sound thing, there's not much use for an overhang in our stadium.

I'm pretty sure the architecture made it where the sound comes out like it does. They had an little clip on him saying why he made it that way.

If you ask any Seahawks fan, they'll corroborate this. They call it a happy accident. I still think it's an unfair advantage. Then seahawks fan will say they can't remove the roof, to which I'll say: there exist accoustic dampeners. The NFL should rule as to what is deemed an unfair crowd advantage, a number of decibels allowed. It's not just for opposing teams, but it's also about the comfort and hearing health of the people in the stadium. I've seen many a comment of seahawks fans who said they don't go to games anymore because of the noise. Let's say the league allowed noise to reach 110 decibels, I'm sure experts could outfit the stadium with just the right amount of material in the roof structure to limit the noise projected back onto the field. It's feasible and fair. The hawks would still get a homefield advantage, as their stadium would probably still be louder than our stadium, and most stadium. It just wouldn't be as exceedingly loud.

I actually hate the notion that a stadium should influence a game as much as Seattle's does. I wouldn't want to see all of the NFL where teams are 7-1 at home and 3-5 on the road. And it makes a farce out of any playoff game played at that kind of stadium. If I see two evenly matched teams play a game I'd like for each team to have a reasoably equal chance to win. Sure home field will always be an advantage because of its familiarity, the lack of travel for the home team, etc. But when one team can't even hear the snap count, or call audibles, I just don't particular enjoy watching that kind of game. Both teams ought to be able to do the same things on the field. It's about, or should be about, outperforming the other team. Not handicapping them to the point where they little chance of succeeding. You might just as well have a rule that says the home team gets to play with 12 guys instead of 11.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: