Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Peyton Manning wins 5th MVP award
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmichaelp wrote:
game3525 wrote:
There is always one dumb*** who screws it up. I still remember the dope who voted for Favre in 2007.

Yes, how dare anyone go against Lord Peyton.

The MVP doesn't mean what it's supposed to mean anyways. It's just the player with the best stats who is also on a playoff team. Maybe the guy thought Brady was more important to his team than Manning to his? Is that so absurd? The argument could definitely be made.

I know I'll just be called a "hater" or something, but whatever. Congrats to Manning.

Edit: Before the backlash ensues. Do I think Manning had the best season of any player this year? Absolutely. Do I think he was the most valuable player? probably. Do I think the notion that anyone who makes an argument against it should be called a dumbpoop? No.

Again. Congrats to Manning, I'm not trying to take anything away from him.
Yes. Yes it is. Peyton makes Denver go from below average to great. Brady makes NE go from average to great.
RamsFlash16

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No surprise here, he deserved it.
91jmay

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have I missed something that says the MVP is the most valuable to his team. I thought it was most valuable player in the LEAGUE. When you factor in performance and position, Peyton Manning is obviously the most valuable player in the league.

I couldn't care less about whether he is the most valuable player to his team, if you want an award for that then create one for it.

You could maybe say Josh Gordon is the MVP to his team, without him I say Cleveland win 2 less games or 50% of there total. Every year the MVP award would go to a stud player on a sucky team, if thats what the award really means.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most passing yards in a single season and most passing touchdowns in a single season.

Find it hilarious that anyone is questioning this choice.

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe_is_the_best wrote:
xmichaelp wrote:
game3525 wrote:
There is always one dumb*** who screws it up. I still remember the dope who voted for Favre in 2007.

The MVP doesn't mean what it's supposed to mean anyways. It's just the player with the best stats who is also on a playoff team. Maybe the guy thought Brady was more important to his team than Manning to his? Is that so absurd? The argument could definitely be made.

I know I'll just be called a "hater" or something, but whatever. Congrats to Manning.

Edit: Before the backlash ensues. Do I think Manning had the best season of any player this year? Absolutely. Do I think he was the most valuable player? probably. Do I think the notion that anyone who makes an argument against it should be called a dumbpoop? No.

Yes. Yes it is. Peyton makes Denver go from below average to great. Brady makes NE go from average to great.

Are you really suggesting that the New England team that was on the field this season (outside of Tom Brady) wasnt a below average team while the Denver Broncos team was???

Seriously???

CK on the sig
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Joe_is_the_best wrote:
xmichaelp wrote:
game3525 wrote:

Are you really suggesting that the New England team that was on the field this season (outside of Tom Brady) wasnt a below average team while the Denver Broncos team was???

Seriously???
You think Denver would be an average team without Manning, hardly top 20 rushing attack, and 22nd ranked defense? O...K...
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe_is_the_best wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Joe_is_the_best wrote:
xmichaelp wrote:
game3525 wrote:

Seriously???
You think Denver would be an average team without Manning, hardly top 20 rushing attack, and 22nd ranked defense? O...K...

Oh, I am not too worried about your assertion that the Broncos were a below average team nearly as much as you saying, in the same breath, that the Pats were a better team. You seriously think the team that the Pats put on the field this season was no worse than average??? Are you kidding me???

CK on the sig
GeneralTso

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically the nail in the coffin.

I don't even know the last time the MVP won the Super Bowl.

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Yeah, [Mike] Wallace would be like 4th fastest on the Raiders.
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralTso wrote:

Kurt Warner in 1999.

CK on the sig
GeneralTso

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
GeneralTso wrote:

Kurt Warner in 1999.

He had to have the greatest offense in that period and a yard to win though. That's how hard it is I think.

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Yeah, [Mike] Wallace would be like 4th fastest on the Raiders.
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralTso wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
GeneralTso wrote:

Kurt Warner in 1999.

He had to have the greatest offense in that period and a yard to win though. That's how hard it is I think.

I know one thing. If I was Peyton Manning and was being considered for another MVP I would tell the voters I know where they live and I will find them.

CK on the sig
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you think some people wanna change votes? Laughing

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo

Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
SAK11

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Miller's an idiot, just wanted to get some self recognition. Manning smashes all these offensive records and this moron votes for a guy who shouldn't even be in consideration. I'm a big Brady fan but the whole debate over whether he deserved to win because of his weaker supporting cast is garbage. Who was Julius Thomas before this year? Moreno was a bust coming into the year, Manning played most of the year without his pro bowl left tackle and his defense was average at best. Eric Decker and D. Thomas were hardly household names before Manning got there. And Brady's Pats won early in the year with their defense.

It's an insult to Manning and the NFL that Miller would vote that way. That's when a voter's rights have to be taken away. I know it's just one vote but c'mon man!
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
GeneralTso wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
GeneralTso wrote:

Kurt Warner in 1999.

I know one thing. If I was Peyton Manning and was being considered for another MVP I would tell the voters I know where they live and I will find them.

And tell them not to vote for me..crazy how the MVP has been almost like the Heisman in the last decade, where winners have struggled to get to the Superbowl, let alone winning it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAK11 wrote:
Jim Miller's an idiot, just wanted to get some self recognition. Manning smashes all these offensive records and this moron votes for a guy who shouldn't even be in consideration. I'm a big Brady fan but the whole debate over whether he deserved to win because of his weaker supporting cast is garbage. Who was Julius Thomas before this year? Moreno was a bust coming into the year, Manning played most of the year without his pro bowl left tackle and his defense was average at best. Eric Decker and D. Thomas were hardly household names before Manning got there. And Brady's Pats won early in the year with their defense.

It's an insult to Manning and the NFL that Miller would vote that way. That's when a voter's rights have to be taken away. I know it's just one vote but c'mon man!

i may be wrong but this is a conversation i think i have had before....hasnt another player lost a unanimous decision because of one bogus voter.

props to deadpulse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: