Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Panthers' Luke Kuechly is Defensive Player of the Year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faccda01

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarolinaKitten wrote:
Like, OH EM GEE!!! A player that deserved the award won the award instead of another player that could have easily won the award? What has this world come to!? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I know there is no convincing anyone of anything other than what they already believe, that's how it is around here, but we really need to just understand that any number of these guys could have won this award and that it isn't based on stats, it is all an eye test and they are all the best of the best. Just congratulate the guy and move on...but I guess some people can't do that. Confused

Applause

I understand people thinking others should have won. But the bitterness in some of these posts is almost funny.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Kuechly would win it, but he certainly didn't deserve it. Kuechly's stats were solid and he was a part of a great defense and has the name recognition. Those two last things shouldn't play as big a factor as they do. Kuechly doesn't deserve the hate that's coming his way, it's the voters who need to give their heads a shake.

The players who deserved some votes were:
Bowman, Quinn, Mathis, David, Sherman, Thomas, and Watt.

Bowman has been overshadowed by Willis his whole career, tough to get the votes when people will still say he's not the best LB on his own team

Sherman and Thomas pretty well cancelled each other out.

David's team was so bad so early that people stopped watching his team play. Same with Watt.

Quinn's team wasn't very good either, always hurts a players cause (unfairly).

Mathis had the stats and the good team and that's why he got a solid amount of votes.

My vote goes to Quinn, but I've learned all these sports awards are bogus, stupid politics.
49er pride

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
Wow... This is a joke comparable to Bob Sanders winning the DPoTY back in the day or Urlacher's DPoTY... He should have been 4th or 5th at best...

I REALLY REALLY want to see the voting breakdown for this one...

Also, it's a shame that we live in a world where Patrick Willis probably wont ever have won a DPoTY award but Luke freakin' Kuechly will have won one within 2 years of play...
Willis will get it next year with Bowman out.
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
He was definitely deserving of the award, as I learned first hand against him, but I don't think he was as deserving as others. My personal choice this year was Robert Quinn with David 2nd. Kuechly was around 5th or so.... I also agree he wasn't the best ILB this year as I though Bowman had a SLIGHTLY better year, but it was almost a push.

See now that is a take that I can respect and agree with. I'm well aware that a lot of people thought that there were better candidates for the award. I think that what is being ignored is that Kuechly deserved the award, even if others may deserve it more.

That's a contradiction given it's an award that can only go to one person. You can't say a guy deserved it if you admit others deserved it more.

Trust in the 4Bs: Ben, Bell, Blount and Brown!
BlackandBlue

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
He was definitely deserving of the award, as I learned first hand against him, but I don't think he was as deserving as others. My personal choice this year was Robert Quinn with David 2nd. Kuechly was around 5th or so.... I also agree he wasn't the best ILB this year as I though Bowman had a SLIGHTLY better year, but it was almost a push.

See now that is a take that I can respect and agree with. I'm well aware that a lot of people thought that there were better candidates for the award. I think that what is being ignored is that Kuechly deserved the award, even if others may deserve it more.

That's a contradiction given it's an award that can only go to one person. You can't say a guy deserved it if you admit others deserved it more.

yea, I don't get the "well it could have gone either way" line of thinking. Either you think they were all equally good or someone deserved it more than anyone else.
faccda01

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

I'm saying that if one of the other candidates won the award, I wouldn't be arguing. I think Luke deserved it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAK11 wrote:
I thought Kuechly would win it, but he certainly didn't deserve it. Kuechly's stats were solid and he was a part of a great defense and has the name recognition. Those two last things shouldn't play as big a factor as they do. Kuechly doesn't deserve the hate that's coming his way, it's the voters who need to give their heads a shake.

Bowman has been overshadowed by Willis his whole career, tough to get the votes when people will still say he's not the best LB on his own team

David's team was so bad so early that people stopped watching his team play. Same with Watt.

Mathis had the stats and the good team and that's why he got a solid amount of votes.

My vote goes to Quinn, but I've learned all these sports awards are bogus, stupid politics.

So you are saying that Kuechly doesn't deserve the award because he plays on a great defense and has name recognition. The bolded names don't have that same advantage? You have 1 49er and 2 Seahawks, and last year's DPOY. I'm pretty sure there is name recognition and great defenses with those guys as well.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
SAK11 wrote:

So you are saying that Kuechly doesn't deserve the award because he plays on a great defense and has name recognition. The bolded names don't have that same advantage? You have 1 49er and 2 Seahawks, and last year's DPOY. I'm pretty sure there is name recognition and great defenses with those guys as well.

I'm saying Kuechly doesn't deserve the award because he wasn't the best defensive player. He deserved some consideration, but I have him in the 5- 8 range, not number 1. Thomas Davis was just as good for much of the year. But people don't even know who Davis is, so Kuechly gets all the love. And I went on to mention why those other guys failed to get the recognition. Bowman is pretty much the Davis of the 49ers, overshadowed by Willis, and the Seahawks players both have the name recognition and ended up cancelling eachother out.
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackandBlue wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

yea, I don't get the "well it could have gone either way" line of thinking. Either you think they were all equally good or someone deserved it more than anyone else.

I think it makes perfect sense if you can accept that there is more than 1 valid opinion on the matter. If you can accept that your opinion is not "the correct" opinion, than you can accept that someone else other than your pick also deserved to win, based on his own merits, according to other people with other valid opinions.

CK on the sig
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAK11 wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
SAK11 wrote:

I'm saying Kuechly doesn't deserve the award because he wasn't the best defensive player. He deserved some consideration, but I have him in the 5- 8 range, not number 1. Thomas Davis was just as good for much of the year. But people don't even know who Davis is, so Kuechly gets all the love. And I went on to mention why those other guys failed to get the recognition. Bowman is pretty much the Davis of the 49ers, overshadowed by Willis, and the Seahawks players both have the name recognition and ended up cancelling eachother out.

But he really wasnt. He was great. But he wasnt as great as Kuechly.

CK on the sig
BlackandBlue

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

I think it makes perfect sense if you can accept that there is more than 1 valid opinion on the matter. If you can accept that your opinion is not "the correct" opinion, than you can accept that someone else other than your pick also deserved to win, based on his own merits, according to other people with other valid opinions.

I'm not talking about others opinions. I'm talking about one's own opinion. It's not logically consistent for one person to believe multiple players are worthy of the award unless that individual truly believes that multiple players all played at the same level.
faccda01

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackandBlue wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

I'm not talking about others opinions. I'm talking about one's own opinion. It's not logically consistent for one person to believe multiple players are worthy of the award unless that individual truly believes that multiple players all played at the same level.

Well then you aren't reading my posts. My opinion is that Kuechly deserved the award. I can understand and respect others' opinions that someone else deserved it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as long as we're being honest, I don't think he deserved it. I don't think he deserved consideration for it. Twisted Evil

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
WesWelker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but he didn't deserve this award. Pillar of the defense, great tackler, great leader- not best defensive player in the league. From what I have seen he isn't great in coverage, and I just prefer my DPOY to be dominant in every facet of the game (like Sherman).

55 Tackles 1.5 sacks
SAK11

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure many would agree with him having a better year than Bowman. Guess Bowman needs to jump on the top of a few more piles to rack up those tackle assists. Throw in two dominant 19 sack guys, two dominant Seattle secondary guys, and he's probably 5th at best. Heckuva player, but not the best in the league just yet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: