Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Philip Rivers Named Comeback Player Of The Year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
powderblues


Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 2003
Location: California
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

organ donor wrote:
powderblues wrote:
organ donor wrote:
What is he coming back from? His season last year wasn't even bad.


I agree with you, Rivers stats last year:

26 TDs 15 Ints with an 88.6 QB Rating

His TD total last year would be tied for 4th best in Eli Mannings 11 year career. (16 game starting minimum)

His INT total would tie for 3rd best in Eli Mannings 11 year career. (16 game starting minimum)

His QB Rating would be 3rd best in Eli Mannings 11 year career. (16 game starting minimum)

So basically, he played a typical Eli Manning season (probably a good Eli year honestly) last year and everyone went off the rails lol. They're used to the usual Rivers numbers of 30+ TDs, 10 Ints, 100+ rating. Oh well.

He didn't deserve it, he only came back from not having an impotent coach, gm, o-line. He's still the same QB as last year.

He just happened to be the biggest name on the list, and thus proving why these media people who do this voting are silly.


I don't understand the comparing it to Eli Manning thing but, ok.


Im saying his stats last year were good numbers compared to Elis usual. Just saying no one points out Elis mediocre stats year to year but if Rivers has one average year suddenly everyone here and in the media questions if hes done.

See my frustration as a Charger fan? And giving him this award is a back handed compliment basically.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 24627
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

organ donor wrote:
powderblues wrote:
organ donor wrote:
What is he coming back from? His season last year wasn't even bad.


I agree with you, Rivers stats last year:

26 TDs 15 Ints with an 88.6 QB Rating

His TD total last year would be tied for 4th best in Eli Mannings 11 year career. (16 game starting minimum)

His INT total would tie for 3rd best in Eli Mannings 11 year career. (16 game starting minimum)

His QB Rating would be 3rd best in Eli Mannings 11 year career. (16 game starting minimum)

So basically, he played a typical Eli Manning season (probably a good Eli year honestly) last year and everyone went off the rails lol. They're used to the usual Rivers numbers of 30+ TDs, 10 Ints, 100+ rating. Oh well.

He didn't deserve it, he only came back from not having an impotent coach, gm, o-line. He's still the same QB as last year.

He just happened to be the biggest name on the list, and thus proving why these media people who do this voting are silly.


I don't understand the comparing it to Eli Manning thing but, ok.


Mainly because people said Rivers sucked but in all honesty, he was basically putting up stats the Eli put up in his best years and Eli was still hailed as a top 10 QB while Rivers was said to be completely done.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vinniepaz


Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 1102
Location: toronto
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol no idea how rivers got this award but alright...good for him..I guess?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
powderblues


Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 2003
Location: California
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:

Mainly because people said Rivers sucked but in all honesty, he was basically putting up stats the Eli put up in his best years and Eli was still hailed as a top 10 QB while Rivers was said to be completely done.


Exactly. You put it in better words, thanks.

The media pays no attention if Eli and Ben have mediocre years but Rivers has a couple and all of a sudden hes dropping in the 15-20 range in QB rankings while Eli & Ben are seen as top 10 locks lol.

Wasn't long ago that I saw Rivers behind guys like Stafford, Luck, RG3, Smith, Vick in rankings on these boards due to the general consensus that Rivers was "done" after putting up Eli type of stats yet Eli was in the same top 10 of those rankings. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
powderblues


Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 2003
Location: California
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets be honest, now that I think of it Rivers does deserve it for coming back from the Norv Turner/AJ Smith/Nate Kaeding debacle. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thelonebillsfan


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 10570
Location: In the ether
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
It should have been Jason Peters... Period...

Both played at elite levels but Peters did so after TWO Achilles Tears in which most people didn't think he'd play football again...

It would seem the AP literally got all the awards wrong except for the ONE that was an easy slam dunk...


Play football again? I thought he'd be lucky to walk right again.
_________________
Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
w4rrior723


Joined: 27 Dec 2006
Posts: 5042
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid. Nothing against Philip Rivers but he came back from nothing. Jason Peters deserved this.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Broncos_OTM


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 873
Location: Westminster Colorado
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powderblues wrote:
game3525 wrote:
I love Philip, but he isn't coming back from anything. Christ, are we going to get Brady the award next year because their stats are virtually identical.

Should have been Brent Grimes or Jason Peter.


Actually next year Peyton will get it for coming back to the NFL after suffering another SB defeat.
sounds like someone's a bit bitter... that's OK have fun watching the broncos tomorrow.

I think its silly rivers got it. For reasons named above.

Not that I think he should have but I'll make the case for Knowshon. Injured, about to play himself off the roster. Had a thousand yards, no fumbles, and 60 receptions, and many, many key third down conversions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Broncos_OTM


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 873
Location: Westminster Colorado
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powderblues wrote:
organ donor wrote:
powderblues wrote:
organ donor wrote:
What is he coming back from? His season last year wasn't even bad.


I agree with you, Rivers stats last year:

26 TDs 15 Ints with an 88.6 QB Rating

His TD total last year would be tied for 4th best in Eli Mannings 11 year career. (16 game starting minimum)

His INT total would tie for 3rd best in Eli Mannings 11 year career. (16 game starting minimum)

His QB Rating would be 3rd best in Eli Mannings 11 year career. (16 game starting minimum)

So basically, he played a typical Eli Manning season (probably a good Eli year honestly) last year and everyone went off the rails lol. They're used to the usual Rivers numbers of 30+ TDs, 10 Ints, 100+ rating. Oh well.

He didn't deserve it, he only came back from not having an impotent coach, gm, o-line. He's still the same QB as last year.

He just happened to be the biggest name on the list, and thus proving why these media people who do this voting are silly.


I don't understand the comparing it to Eli Manning thing but, ok.


Im saying his stats last year were good numbers compared to Elis usual. Just saying no one points out Elis mediocre stats year to year but if Rivers has one average year suddenly everyone here and in the media questions if hes done.

See my frustration as a Charger fan? And giving him this award is a back handed compliment basically.
hmm so you are upset about backhanded comments and then deliver them yourself.. hypocrite
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
powderblues


Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 2003
Location: California
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncos_OTM wrote:
powderblues wrote:
organ donor wrote:
powderblues wrote:
organ donor wrote:
What is he coming back from? His season last year wasn't even bad.


I agree with you, Rivers stats last year:

26 TDs 15 Ints with an 88.6 QB Rating

His TD total last year would be tied for 4th best in Eli Mannings 11 year career. (16 game starting minimum)

His INT total would tie for 3rd best in Eli Mannings 11 year career. (16 game starting minimum)

His QB Rating would be 3rd best in Eli Mannings 11 year career. (16 game starting minimum)

So basically, he played a typical Eli Manning season (probably a good Eli year honestly) last year and everyone went off the rails lol. They're used to the usual Rivers numbers of 30+ TDs, 10 Ints, 100+ rating. Oh well.

He didn't deserve it, he only came back from not having an impotent coach, gm, o-line. He's still the same QB as last year.

He just happened to be the biggest name on the list, and thus proving why these media people who do this voting are silly.


I don't understand the comparing it to Eli Manning thing but, ok.


Im saying his stats last year were good numbers compared to Elis usual. Just saying no one points out Elis mediocre stats year to year but if Rivers has one average year suddenly everyone here and in the media questions if hes done.

See my frustration as a Charger fan? And giving him this award is a back handed compliment basically.
hmm so you are upset about backhanded comments and then deliver them yourself.. hypocrite


Lol calm down, I'm not bitter at all about the Broncos beating us, they were the better team everyone knew it, congrats. Its more of a Peyton Manning NFL love fest joke, you'd know Charger fans make those all the time if you paid attention. Those jokes have been going on since before he was a Bronco so calm down bud, nothing to do with the Broncos at all.

And read what that term back-handed compliment actually means.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dubyajay


Joined: 23 Mar 2010
Posts: 1697
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have been Rodgers coming back from his collarbone. Would have been 2 Packers over Chargers wins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 14042
Location: Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carnageehw wrote:
I find this really irritating. Just give everything to quarterbacks, geeze.


Its a QB league. What do you expect?
_________________

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 82969
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought peters deserved it simply bc Rivers didnt have a bad year last yr
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tom cody


Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Posts: 8413
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to him. Rivers really established himself as a top 5 QB in the NFL this year.
_________________
That's Latin dad-- the language of Plutarche.
Mickey Mouse's dog?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
powderblues


Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 2003
Location: California
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom cody wrote:
Congrats to him. Rivers really established himself as a top 5 QB in the NFL this year.


Other than the past 2 seasons, he's been a top 5 QB pretty much his entire career. You say that as if he was Alex Smith coming out of mediocrity and finally into the top 5...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group