Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eddie Lacy, named rookie of the year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:

I don't see how a hype train could have led to him winning ROY? Laughing

really? you don't understand?

I don't understand how you don't understand Laughing
PackersTK21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForteOz wrote:
chamilitary wrote:
ka doesn't play for the golden boys so of course he doesn't get any consideration

I never knew that teams outside of the NFCN realized this too.

Thank you for restoring my faith in football.

Meh, neither team gets any attention from the media, tbh. Green Bay is a much smaller market (SD is 13 x bigger than GB LULZ).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Mattwaukee wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
ForteOz wrote:
chamilitary wrote:
ka doesn't play for the golden boys so of course he doesn't get any consideration

i don't think anybody thinks that outside of packer haters...

because it's absolutely isn't true

*Edit - type in keenan allen rookie of year into an espn specific search and you get 397,000 hits. Replace that with Eddie Lacy and you get...36,500 Laughing

Keenan Allen was basically a hype train gone wrong all year. And he still couldn't win the ROY.

Keenan wasn't even hyped. The media started to notice him late in the season, the game against Denver is when they realized what he was doing out west.
Mattwaukee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

game3525 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Mattwaukee wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
ForteOz wrote:
chamilitary wrote:

*Edit - type in keenan allen rookie of year into an espn specific search and you get 397,000 hits. Replace that with Eddie Lacy and you get...36,500 Laughing

Keenan Allen was basically a hype train gone wrong all year. And he still couldn't win the ROY.

Keenan wasn't even hyped. The media started to notice him late in the season, the game against Denver is when they realized what he was doing out west.

He was definitely hyped, the product of a good quarterback.
game3525

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattwaukee wrote:
game3525 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Mattwaukee wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
ForteOz wrote:
chamilitary wrote:

Yeah....no.

If that were the case, Vincent Brown would have been a whole lot better this year. Allen is a first round talent that fell due to injuries. Having Rivers help, but the guy is successful due to his route-running ability.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattwaukee wrote:
game3525 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Mattwaukee wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
ForteOz wrote:
chamilitary wrote:

Ah, you didn't see Keenan play. I get it.

Jordy Nelson isn't actually a good WR, he just happens to play with Rodgers.

See? Ignorant statements are dumb.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackersTK21 wrote:
ForteOz wrote:
chamilitary wrote:

Meh, neither team gets any attention from the media, tbh. Green Bay is a much smaller market (SD is 13 x bigger than GB LULZ).

Well, to be fair. There are probably more GB fans in SD than Chargers fans considering the "support" the team gets at times. Wink

Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Strawman Theory

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackersTK21 wrote:
And their actual media market doesn't matter because they're one of the few nationally supported teams(GB, OAK, PIT, DAL), thus they get far more national air time, which would effect a national voting scheme. The Packers aren't the Jaguars, Texans, or Chargers where you have to have a superstar year to be noticed. No, in Green Bay you can have a pedestrian season and become a media darling on your way to a .250 winning % and be hailed as the savior by the national outlets.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What....?

Lacy had a very good rookie season, no doubt, but there is no way he should've won the award over Keenan Allen.

Nacho Simulation Football League
incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
What....?

Lacy had a very good rookie season, no doubt, but there is no way he should've won the award over Keenan Allen.
why
Ketchup

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
What....?

Honestly don't get this. If you prefer Allen that's fine. I wouldn't have had any problem with him winning it. But to act like it's some great error that Lacy won over Allen is just stupid. Both had great rookie years and neither winning over the other would be/is egregious.

Kempes on the custom sig!
PackersTK21

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strawman Theory wrote:
PackersTK21 wrote:
And their actual media market doesn't matter because they're one of the few nationally supported teams(GB, OAK, PIT, DAL), thus they get far more national air time, which would effect a national voting scheme. The Packers aren't the Jaguars, Texans, or Chargers where you have to have a superstar year to be noticed. No, in Green Bay you can have a pedestrian season and become a media darling on your way to a .250 winning % and be hailed as the savior by the national outlets.

Again, what national air time are you talking about? ESPN never talks about the Packers.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

game3525 wrote:
Mattwaukee wrote:
game3525 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Mattwaukee wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
ForteOz wrote:
chamilitary wrote:

Yeah....no.

If that were the case, Vincent Brown would have been a whole lot better this year. Allen is a first round talent that fell due to injuries. Having Rivers help, but the guy is successful due to his route-running ability.

lol, Rivers had what the 2nd most passing yards in the league, It had to go to somebody, everytime I watched Keenan It was it was in routes out routes and Rivers throwing him a perfect ball from 15 yards away. Literally all he had to do was turn around and catch the ball. He sure as hell wasn't getting away from anybody on crossing routes or getting large chucks of YAC. I don't see how you could have a rookie WR win unless he was a YAC monster. In Fact what was Allen's RAC? He doesn;t have the middle of the field elusiveness.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattwaukee wrote:

lol, Rivers had what the 2nd most passing yards in the league, It had to go to somebody, everytime I watched Keenan It was it was in routes out routes and Rivers throwing him a perfect ball from 15 yards away. Literally all he had to do was turn around and catch the ball. He sure as hell wasn't getting away from anybody on crossing routes or getting large chucks of YAC. I don't see how you could have a rookie WR win unless he was a YAC monster. In Fact what was Allen's RAC? He doesn;t have the middle of the field elusiveness.

Rivers was 5th, and the Chargers spread the ball heavily. Keenan was neither the leader in receptions nor in targets. Keenan had some incredible catches and some incredible runs throughout the season. And his routes are incredibly clean. GIFs obviously don't tell the whole story, but this is just a great route. One of many he ran this season.

#JDI
BrettFavre004

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keenan Allen was my #2 WR last year after Hopkins, would have loved for the Pack to get him, especially now in hindsight.

I think a big factor for Lacy, was he is the answer to all of these questions for the Packers, pretty much unanimously.

Who was your rookie of the year?
Who was your offensive player of the year?
Who was your team MVP?

Don't think you can answer Allen for those questions other than 1.

FWIW, Jolly should have won CBPOTY. Cool

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: