Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eddie Lacy, named rookie of the year
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ECPackers


Joined: 24 Oct 2010
Posts: 1158
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Eddie Lacy, named rookie of the year Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/packers/status/429754804957507584/photo/1
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000321587/article/packers-eddie-lacy-wins-offensive-rookie-of-the-year?campaign=Twitter_atl


voting:

Eddie Lacy: 35
Keenan Allen: 12
_________________
GREEN BAY PACKERS
JARRET BUSH IS MY BOY!
Brewers
Bucks
Badgers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xmichaelp


Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 1960
Location: Minnesnowta
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pssh. There should be an all around ROTY for muh boy.



Lacy had a good year though, seems like every time I saw the Packers he was breaking through defenders left and right. I'm not apposed to the pick.
_________________
TEDDYTEDDYTEDDY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
High Octane


Joined: 22 Sep 2009
Posts: 428
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have been Keenan Allen Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chamilitary


Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Posts: 3131
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KA was robbed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83745
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said in the Gio v KA thread it should be Lacy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 26311
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keenan got robbed. Lacy was good, but what Keenan was doing and how he was doing it was so impressive. He wasn't just a volume receiver.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Keenan got robbed. Lacy was good, but what Keenan was doing and how he was doing it was so impressive. He wasn't just a volume receiver.
What Lacy did was impressive too. I would have been fine with either choice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 26311
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
NEW YORK -- Green Bay Packers running back Eddie Lacy nudged out San Diego Chargers wide receiver Keenan Allen for the 2013 Associated Press NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Award at Saturday's "NFL Honors" ceremony.

It was the correct call.

Whereas Allen finished 22nd in receiving yards and 13th in receiving touchdowns, Lacy placed eighth in rushing yards and third in rushing scores. From Week 5 on, LeSean McCoy and Jamaal Charles were the only running backs to average more than Lacy's 86.7 yards per game.


This is from an NFL.com writer. I wonder if he knows how stupid that argumetn is. Laughing

How about we go by opportunities?

Lacy was 5th in attempts (and that doesn't include targets and receptions), whereas Keenan was 35th in receptions and 38th in targets....

You cannot compare the production of the two since they don't play similar positions.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky mark


Joined: 08 Aug 2013
Posts: 990
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well deserved Very Happy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ECPackers


Joined: 24 Oct 2010
Posts: 1158
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol yes, keenan allen got robbed, that's why he had a staggering TWELVE votes from professional writers and analysts.


lacy carried a team, and churned all them yards on his legs...without a QB. he earned it... nothing you're gonna say is gonna chance anything so you might as well get used to it.
_________________
GREEN BAY PACKERS
JARRET BUSH IS MY BOY!
Brewers
Bucks
Badgers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 26311
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECPackers wrote:
lol yes, keenan allen got robbed, that's why he had a staggering TWELVE votes from professional writers and analysts.


lacy carried a team, and churned all them yards on his legs...without a QB. he earned it... nothing you're gonna say is gonna chance anything so you might as well get used to it.


He "carried" them to a 2-5-1 record while Rodgers was gone... And against Atlanta, where they got one of two wins, he had a 3.3 YPC...

Because professional writers and analysts are always right? Laughing
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chamilitary


Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Posts: 3131
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ka doesn't play for the golden boys so of course he doesn't get any consideration
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
D.Revis24


Joined: 02 Apr 2010
Posts: 3791
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course Lacy would win it, AP LOVES the Packers.
_________________


Props to El Ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
powderblues


Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 2407
Location: California
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chamilitary wrote:
ka doesn't play for the golden boys so of course he doesn't get any consideration


A rookie from SD doesn't get the same attention/hype as a rookie from GB.

Spot on. Oh well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ECPackers


Joined: 24 Oct 2010
Posts: 1158
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
ECPackers wrote:
lol yes, keenan allen got robbed, that's why he had a staggering TWELVE votes from professional writers and analysts.


lacy carried a team, and churned all them yards on his legs...without a QB. he earned it... nothing you're gonna say is gonna chance anything so you might as well get used to it.


He "carried" them to a 2-5-1 record while Rodgers was gone... And against Atlanta, where they got one of two wins, he had a 3.3 YPC...

Because professional writers and analysts are always right? Laughing



against 8 in the box, and a QB who couldn't make the RAIDERS OR BILLS... lol, cry more.
_________________
GREEN BAY PACKERS
JARRET BUSH IS MY BOY!
Brewers
Bucks
Badgers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group