Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kyle Shannahan hired as Browns OC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytrajik wrote:
coors wrote:
I actually think that Kyle Shanahan is a really good OC, especially once he has some good toys to play around with on offense. Even though the offense of the Browns right now isn't anything to write home about, with Kyle I see no reason for the offense to be worse then "middle of the pack" this upcoming seasons. There is no reason for Josh Gordon to not have another monster year if you ask me.

If Shanny reunites with Schaub, I can see Gordon having a monster year. One thing Shanny is good at is scheming to his player's strengths. What does Cleveland's TE situation look like?

Jordan Cameron

I will be pissed if we sign and start Matt Schaub

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Jaytrajik wrote:
coors wrote:
I actually think that Kyle Shanahan is a really good OC, especially once he has some good toys to play around with on offense. Even though the offense of the Browns right now isn't anything to write home about, with Kyle I see no reason for the offense to be worse then "middle of the pack" this upcoming seasons. There is no reason for Josh Gordon to not have another monster year if you ask me.

If Shanny reunites with Schaub, I can see Gordon having a monster year. One thing Shanny is good at is scheming to his player's strengths. What does Cleveland's TE situation look like?

Jordan Cameron

This.... Let Houston take bortles then go get teddy

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

coors

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Jaytrajik wrote:
coors wrote:

Jordan Cameron

This.... Let Houston take bortles then go get teddy

I don't see the Browns going after Schaub unless they really believe in him to be their "stop gap" QB until they work in whichever QB they end up landing. Even then, I'm not sure if they really look hard at Schaub at all.

Jordan Cameron is their TE, and I haven't seen much of him or the Browns at all, but I do remember hearing that Cameron had been looking like a stud at some points last year.. and IIRC he had a ton of redzone TD grabs.

Whoever they get to be their QB, whether it's a rookie or a stopgap till they get to the rookie, I still see Josh Gordon having a big time year. He's probably their only "play maker" on offense so he should be getting his hands on the ball a lot..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
He's probably their only "play maker" on offense so he should be getting his hands on the ball a lot..

Outside of the previously mentioned Jordan Cameron, yea
Brian23

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytrajik wrote:
coors wrote:

Not really. He's great at designing a system that gets players open but one of our complaints was not using people to their advantage. As bad as Fred Davis is as a profesional, he's still a solid TE and they refued to get use out of him. When healthy, they refused to let Reed run seam routes and thinks of that nature, which he killed it on in College. They even went away from strengths of players for no apparent reason.

Don't get me wrong, he's an insanely smart guy but he might be twice as arrogant as he is intelligent currently. That's about the only complaint I had with him, he thinks that if players do what he says that there will always be someone open and that the team will always move forward. So much, in fact, they didn't even practice broken plays. Hurt our team when opposing defense wouldn't give favorable looks as our practice defense would.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Jaytrajik wrote:
coors wrote:

Not really. He's great at designing a system that gets players open but one of our complaints was not using people to their advantage. As bad as Fred Davis is as a profesional, he's still a solid TE and they refued to get use out of him. When healthy, they refused to let Reed run seam routes and thinks of that nature, which he killed it on in College. They even went away from strengths of players for no apparent reason.

Don't get me wrong, he's an insanely smart guy but he might be twice as arrogant as he is intelligent currently. That's about the only complaint I had with him, he thinks that if players do what he says that there will always be someone open and that the team will always move forward. So much, in fact, they didn't even practice broken plays. Hurt our team when opposing defense wouldn't give favorable looks as our practice defense would.
Wait what? Josh Gordon WILL have a monster season. Pierre Garcon led the NFL in receptions this season and Jordan Reed was having a huge rookie season prior to getting injured. Cleveland just needs a QB to get their guys the ball.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 3 tackles
Jordan Reed - 1 catch, 4 rec yards, 1 bum hamstring
Brian23

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Jaytrajik wrote:
coors wrote:

Wait what? Josh Gordon WILL have a monster season. Pierre Garcon led the NFL in receptions this season and Jordan Reed was having a huge rookie season prior to getting injured. Cleveland just needs a QB to get their guys the ball.

I didn't say he'd not have a monster season, I said Kyle doesn't use people to there strengths. Force feeding the ball doesn't mean playing to a players strength.

Reed, when healthy, would randomly disappear in games to where they'd take him out and refuse to use him or target him.
footy_29

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Jaytrajik wrote:
coors wrote:

I didn't say he'd not have a monster season, I said Kyle doesn't use people to there strengths. Force feeding the ball doesn't mean playing to a players strength.

Reed, when healthy, would randomly disappear in games to where they'd take him out and refuse to use him or target him.

Griffin was force feeding the ball to Garçon, to the detriment of the team's offensive success at times. There were plenty of times each game when the primary target was wide open (some of the time this player was Reed) but Griffin stared down Pierre. It was maddening to watch a play design that worked successfully only for Griffin to refuse to make the appropriate read. Now, Kyle also adapted and got more creative with Garçon to get him open more and more as the season went on, in understanding of Griffin's tunnel vision. So, you have to give some credit to Kyle for working with what he had.

Kyle has a good playbook - I really like the patterns the Redskins ran with him at the helm. With a QB who can make progression reads, which is one of Griffin's few flaws at the moment (as is the case with every other young QB not named Luck), Kyle's offense will be successful. As it was in Houston, and as it was in Washington in 2012.

Whether the Browns will end up having a QB who can do that is another point entirely.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: