Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Realistic free agency pickups
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muncy54

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna see how they end up after the combine but I think id prefer Donald over anyone else.... id love be able trade back a few spots and still get him but I doubt we can now after the Senior Bowl

Simple fact is I think we can find a Big run clogger late rather than a true 3 tech (besides Easley and I think he goes earlier than projected)

I wouldn't mind Donald and Justin Ellis
or a Nix and Easley

Just needs addressed
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

muncy54 wrote:
I wanna see how they end up after the combine but I think id prefer Donald over anyone else.... id love be able trade back a few spots and still get him but I doubt we can now after the Senior Bowl

Simple fact is I think we can find a Big run clogger late rather than a true 3 tech (besides Easley and I think he goes earlier than projected)

I wouldn't mind Donald and Justin Ellis
or a Nix and Easley

Just needs addressed

I don't believe in reaching for a player, but if Donald is on the board at our pick I don't think we should trade away from that position just to be cute. The only player I feel nearly as strongly about is Ealy and that is because the best DEs will be off the board early.

I think because of the Seahawks success with their defense a lot of teams will focus their defense on pass rushers.

Sig Courtesy of thesickness89
bigDallasFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan Martin, Dallas Cowboys, OL

I would think that everyone would agree that Dallas should make a move to get former Dolphins OT Jonathan Martin this March. I say they sign him and move to RG. He'd be a great fit as a starter right next to Doug Free. He's only 24. He can only get better. I say he could be the next Leonard Davis.

Name: Jonathan Martin
Pos: OT
Drafted: 2nd Rd of the 2012 NFL Draft
Former Team: Miami Dolphins
College: Stanford
Jersey #: 71
Exp: 2 yrs.
Height: 6-5
Weight: 312 lbs
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigDallasFan wrote:
He's only 24. He can only get better.

Fact is, he sucks. He's not somebody I would want the team to even waste their time on.

^^^Deadpulse
bigDallasFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
bigDallasFan wrote:

Fact is, he sucks. He's not somebody I would want the team to even waste their time on.

Lets be fair. Last season was a fluke. Whatever team that picks him up will revive his career. The fact is he still has a lot of potential. I think he would be a good fit for Dallas. Any why not sign him? He'd be a decent pickup. They should sign him and show that he's still got the goods to become the OL. He's just had a tough start, that's all. I say its not fair to give up on. At least not yet anyway.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigDallasFan wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
bigDallasFan wrote:

Lets be fair. Last season was a fluke. Whatever team that picks him up will revive his career. The fact is he still has a lot of potential. I think he would be a good fit for Dallas. Any why not sign him? He'd be a decent pickup. They should sign him and show that he's still got the goods to become the OL. He's just had a tough start, that's all. I say its not fair to give up on. At least not yet anyway.

Personally, I'd rather draft a guard instead of signing Martin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin has been really, really, egregiously terrible when on the field. He was only a second round pick as well, not like we're talking about some freak athlete former Top 5 pick. I legitimately field bad for him and his situation- mental illness is a real disease that too often isn't treated as such. But for that reason I don't envision him getting better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: