Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Realistic free agency pickups
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cowboys_50

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Realistic free agency pickups Reply with quote

I seen an article like this on the bleacher report, and I wanted to hear some free agents this year that u would like Dallas to go after Very Happy
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Melton potentially is the biggest piece of the pie we would consider going after.

Considering his injury and arrest, he will likely command less than he normally would have. Plus he may be interested in returning home to Texas and to the man who helped bring out his game.

Others to consider:

Jonathan Babineaux, DT
Brandon LaFell, WR
Jeremy Mincey, DE
B.J. Raji, DT
Kyle Love, DT
Everson Griffen, DE
Linval Joseph, DT
Stevie Brown, S
Lamarr Houston, DT
Vance Walker, DT

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
I think Melton potentially is the biggest piece of the pie we would consider going after.

Considering his injury and arrest, he will likely command less than he normally would have. Plus he may be interested in returning home to Texas and to the man who helped bring out his game.

Others to consider:

Jonathan Babineaux, DT
Brandon LaFell, WR
Jeremy Mincey, DE
B.J. Raji, DT
Kyle Love, DT
Everson Griffen, DE
Linval Joseph, DT
Stevie Brown, S
Lamarr Houston, DT
Vance Walker, DT

Do you think we'll be able to get involved in the FA scramble with our cap issues? Any of those guys would be a good addition except for maybe Lafell...we don't need another big slow receiver.

Sig Courtesy of thesickness89
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:

Do you think we'll be able to get involved in the FA scramble with our cap issues? Any of those guys would be a good addition except for maybe Lafell...we don't need another big slow receiver.

I think we can land several 3rd tier FA's to our hearts content. I also think we can bag one premium FA if we so desire (Raji, Melton, Johnson, Hardy, Houston). I don't think it is the wisest move we could make. But a possible one.

And what is wrong with the 6'2" Texas native WR?

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love Babineaux, if the price is right. Probably even more so than Melton.

Still not likely to see Dallas very active in FA, especially with upper tier guys. But a guy like Babineaux and a couple of 3rd tier guys seems possible.

Ace5 wrote:
OH GOD ITS ALL OVER THE WALLS.
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:

And what is wrong with the 6'2" Texas native WR?

Decent receiver, but just another guy who doesn't really stretch the field. We have too many WRs who's best work is within 15yds of the line of scrimmage.

We need a guy who can flat fly if we add another WR.

SHSTE92

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two cheaper tier guys I have in my offseason mock are FS Stevie Brown from the Giants and DE Jason Hunter form Oakland.

I've seen DE Willie Young from Detroit linked to us as well by some places. Thought being he is a lot like Selvie and Rod could get the best out of him. Also see WR Danrio Alexander linked to us. These aren't rumors just fits multiple people feel.

The "big" move I've seen people say we should do is DE Greg Hardy.

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melton makes sense for so many reasons. First, he's a hometown guy. Obvious. Second, his ACL surgery will make him affordable. Look at last year's FAs who thought they would get top dollar, long term deals only to be disappointed... Cliff Avril, Michael Bennett, Dwight Freeney, etc. A one year/$3-4M contract is very feasible and reasonable given his injury. Weve really never shied away from injured guys. Good fit. Third, he fits the 3 tech that marinelli wants and Melton has already had his best years under Marinelli. Again, obvious match. Forth, not be overlooked is Melton's 2 DUIs. He'd be replacing Ratliff who had a recent DUI who left Dallas for Chicago. It only makes sense to replace Ratliff with a Chicago player w/ DUIs. Symmetry. And, I really think Josh Brent will play the majority of next year at the 1 tech. Can you say drinking buddies? I'm only half joking about #4. The point being that Melton may not be a RKG unless RKG is defined as a player who would help the team win. Which I think Melton would.

TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will there be a strong market for Hatcher? I know he led the team in sacks, but I think the league is a lot more wary of guys have career seasons in a contract year.

He'll probably not sign the Dallas just on principle, but he might not be out of our price range. It definitely wouldn't suck to have him back again next season.

cowboyfanin2890

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micheal Bennett would be who I looked toward, contingent upon what we do with Ware. If we keep Ware then I say we go DT, if we lose Ware we need Hardy or Bennett. Maybe even a LBer to play alongside mr. 10 games a year.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melton and Danario Alexander for me. I know about Alexander's injury history, but he is a low risk high reward player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How realistic is Melton? I'm not sure he si the type of guy you get cheap, even after injury.

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHSTE92 wrote:
How realistic is Melton? I'm not sure he si the type of guy you get cheap, even after injury.

Having had injuries in every single season he has been the starter, I think his pricetag should be somewhat lowered and getting a long contract with a bunch of guranteed money will be very difficult for him. Also on a short contract, he would probably like the idea of playing for a DC/DL coach that he knows he can trust, that he knows can make him produce and that he knows has a system he fits perfectly into in order for him to score a major contract in a year or two.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
SHSTE92 wrote:

Having had injuries in every single season he has been the starter, I think his pricetag should be somewhat lowered and getting a long contract with a bunch of guranteed money will be very difficult for him. Also on a short contract, he would probably like the idea of playing for a DC/DL coach that he knows he can trust, that he knows can make him produce and that he knows has a system he fits perfectly into in order for him to score a major contract in a year or two.

I thought we were trying to get away from injured players. Tired of having the best players that never play.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
SHSTE92 wrote:

I thought we were trying to get away from injured players. Tired of having the best players that never play.

Getting him on a one year contract would be much better then getting some average FA since I think we still need to look for depth in the draft.

For a 1 or 2 year contract. I'd rather take Melton then some average player. Even tho he might have missed a couple of games.

- The key is that we still need to focus on D line in the draft to get a great rotation with Kiffin and Marinelli's love for undersized players who are going to easier get worn down and get injuries. Have a good rotation will keep them fresh and less exposed for injuries.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: