Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jimmie Johnson's 2014 Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ImissEricGreen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Jimmie Johnson's 2014 Mock Reply with quote

49ers acquire 16th and 7th round selection from Cowboys for 49ers 2nd (56 & 61) 3rd (77 & 94) and 4th (126th)

2. Troy Niklas TE 6'6 270 Notre Dame
2. Kyle Van Noy OLB 6'3 242 BYU
2. Brandin Cooks WR 5'10 186 Oregon State
3. Lache Seastrunk RB 5'9 205 Baylor
3. Will Sutton DT 6'0 315 Arizona State
3. DaQuan Jones DT 6'3 318 Penn State
4. Adrian Hubbard DE/OLB 6'5 252 Alabama
4. Brandon Thomas OG/OT 6'3 305 Clemson
5. Jalen Saunders WR 5'9 164 Oklahoma
7. Jordan Lynch QB 6'1 220 Northern Illinois
Tony7188

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is quite possibly the worst mock I have ever seen in my entire life...

ever

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Felix=Fast!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is possibly the most realistic mock draft I've ever seen.

TE, LB, WR 1st 3 pick

Sean Lee leads the NFL in making David Wilson cry.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:

ever

You haven't seen enough mocks then. For that draft I'd sacrifice getting another TE with first pick. Van Noy, Sutton, Jones are very good picks. Cooks, Seastrunk and Hubbard are quality players and Jordon in 7th could be a steal.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Jimmie Johnson's 2014 Mock Reply with quote

ImissEricGreen wrote:
49ers acquire 16th and 7th round selection from Cowboys for 49ers 2nd (56 & 61) 3rd (77 & 94) and 4th (126th)

I would do ungodly things to my TV if we draft a TE with our 1st pick.

Sig Courtesy of thesickness89
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Jimmie Johnson's 2014 Mock Reply with quote

ImissEricGreen wrote:

You are going to upset a lot of people by taking a TE. Especially high. Especially with our first pick.

Also, 2 WRs is probably u necessary - given that both are under 6.

I do like grabbing two DTs. A DE. A Back-up QB. And I like the RB you picked.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know too much about the TE he took with our first selection, but I really liked how he set it all up with the trading back. I mean, We NEED defense and a lot of it, and I am convinced another OG is really all this O line is going to need to be formidible.

With three 2's. three 3's and two 4's That's 8 players in the first 4 rounds! Now ask yourselves, who will be available, realistically, at 16 or 17 in the 1st round that is worth NOT making this deal?

If we stay home and do not make a deal like this we get 4 players in the first 4 rounds.

If we made a deal like this, we get double that. This draft class is plenty deep on D line, Oline and LB.

Again, not crazy about the early picks but I LOVE the line of thinking in aquiring double the amount of picks in the first 4 rounds. Just for that, GREAT JOB!
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
Don't know too much about the TE he took with our first selection, but I really liked how he set it all up with the trading back. I mean, We NEED defense and a lot of it, and I am convinced another OG is really all this O line is going to need to be formidible.

With three 2's. three 3's and two 4's That's 8 players in the first 4 rounds! Now ask yourselves, who will be available, realistically, at 16 or 17 in the 1st round that is worth NOT making this deal?

If we stay home and do not make a deal like this we get 4 players in the first 4 rounds.

If we made a deal like this, we get double that. This draft class is plenty deep on D line, Oline and LB.

Again, not crazy about the early picks but I LOVE the line of thinking in aquiring double the amount of picks in the first 4 rounds. Just for that, GREAT JOB!

2009.....You can trade down and acquire a lot of picks, but if good payers aren't still on the board at the positions you need what good does it do you?

plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That draft isn't remotely realistic.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
textaz03

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:

ever
instead of being so blatantly critical, why don't you add a little insight to your opinion.

Why is this the worst mock? Because I sure have seen worse.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

ever
instead of being so blatantly critical, why don't you add a little insight to your opinion.

Normally I do add insight to mocks but I had absolutely no clue on where to start at with this mock. Why? Let's see: Last year, Dallas traded down in the 1st last with the 49ers, who only gave up a 3rd, which is seen by some as a coup since (according by charts) Dallas should have got a 2nd. Now this year the 49ers will give up two 2nd's, two 3's and a 4th? It fits the trade value chart but how many teams have had three 2nd's, three 3rd's and two 4th's? That alone is so unrealistic that it's mind boggling.

But to then see Dallas draft a TE with their first pick and draft two 5'9 WR's... I didn't know what else to say to him except be brutally honest

ware94 wrote:
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:

2009.....You can trade down and acquire a lot of picks, but if good payers aren't still on the board at the positions you need what good does it do you?

True, 2009 was a terrible draft. But then again you have to consider 2 factors:

1. Who was doing the drafting?

2. The depth of the players available and our team needs.

JG's drafts have been pretty solid since he took over the drafing in 2011.
We need depth and a lot of it across the D line, LB, FS and OG. Here is a list of names that NFL scouts are projecting go 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds.

2nd round:
Trent Murphy DE, Stephon Tuitt DT, Scott Crichton DE, Cyril Richardson OG, Jackson Jeffcoat DE, Will Sutton DT, Da'Quan Jones DT, Tre Mason RB

3rd round:
Yawin Smallwood ILB, Ahmad Dixion SS, Chris Borland ILB, Daniel McCullers DT, Terrance Brooks FS, Zach Mettenberger QB, Lance Seastrunk RB, Anthony Steen OG

4th round:
Kareem Martin DE, Dion Bailey FS, Justin Ellis DT, Brandon Thomas OG, Jay Prosch FB

Now, out of the players mentioned, and others if you don't like these, would you rather have the opportunity to get only 4 of them or 8 of them? Which do you believe will help the team more?

And again, the only way I would keep my 1st round pickin this scenario is if there was a franchise player still on the board at 16/17 in the 1st round. Someone we could not do without. Someone you could build the franchise around for years to come aka Aikman in the 90's.
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

ever

Normally I do add insight to mocks but I had absolutely no clue on where to start at with this mock. Why? Let's see: Last year, Dallas traded down in the 1st last with the 49ers, who only gave up a 3rd, which is seen by some as a coup since (according by charts) Dallas should have got a 2nd. Now this year the 49ers will give up two 2nd's, two 3's and a 4th? It fits the trade value chart but how many teams have had three 2nd's, three 3rd's and two 4th's? That alone is so unrealistic that it's mind boggling.

But to then see Dallas draft a TE with their first pick and draft two 5'9 WR's... I didn't know what else to say to him except be brutally honest

I will say this, the temptation may be there for SF to nab two 1st round picks by making the trade. This is a team that has been sooooo close to the SB the past 3 years they may believe a few 1st rounders will help get them over the hump. I mean, they really don't need much. They are "right there." And if there are 2 players they want badly enough, they may do it. Hey, look at it this way, they were crazy enough to let Charles Haley get away from them and land with us. And then we beat them 2 out 3 times to win the SB.
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:

True, 2009 was a terrible draft. But then again you have to consider 2 factors:

1. Who was doing the drafting? The same guy who is doing the drafting this year...JJ.

2. The depth of the players available and our team needs.

JG's drafts have been pretty solid since he took over the drafing in 2011.
We need depth and a lot of it across the D line, LB, FS and OG. Here is a list of names that NFL scouts are projecting go 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds.

2nd round:
Trent Murphy DE, Stephon Tuitt DT, Scott Crichton DE, Cyril Richardson OG, Jackson Jeffcoat DE, Will Sutton DT, Da'Quan Jones DT, Tre Mason RB

3rd round:
Yawin Smallwood ILB, Ahmad Dixion SS, Chris Borland ILB, Daniel McCullers DT, Terrance Brooks FS, Zach Mettenberger QB, Lance Seastrunk RB, Anthony Steen OG

4th round:
Kareem Martin DE, Dion Bailey FS, Justin Ellis DT, Brandon Thomas OG, Jay Prosch FB

Now, out of the players mentioned, and others if you don't like these, would you rather have the opportunity to get only 4 of them or 8 of them? Which do you believe will help the team more?

And again, the only way I would keep my 1st round pickin this scenario is if there was a franchise player still on the board at 16/17 in the 1st round. Someone we could not do without. Someone you could build the franchise around for years to come aka Aikman in the 90's.

Sometimes it doesn't pay to be smarter than the room. Passing up 1st rd talent for second and third round value isn't always the best move. We need a couple studs on the defensive line. The best DE prospects will be gone in the first 20 picks...DT will most likely be off the board by the middle of the second rd.

Tony7188

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

ever

I will say this, the temptation may be there for SF to nab two 1st round picks by making the trade. This is a team that has been sooooo close to the SB the past 3 years they may believe a few 1st rounders will help get them over the hump. I mean, they really don't need much. They are "right there." And if there are 2 players they want badly enough, they may do it. Hey, look at it this way, they were crazy enough to let Charles Haley get away from them and land with us. And then we beat them 2 out 3 times to win the SB.

Call me crazy but I think you should draft for quality not quantity. This is how the Cowboys get into so much trouble in the past by trading back. This is how you LOSE OUT on players you wanted. This is why Max Unger (a ALL PRO CENTER) isn't with this team today and is helping his team try to win the SB. Just think about where the Boys would be if they DIDN'T TRADE BACK. We wouldn't have had a need for Frederick and would've been a MUCH better team today. The Cowboys are thin at certain positions because they subscribe to theories such as "You can never have too many corners" or LBs and picked them over other positions. This is what happens when you go for quantity over QUALITY. There is a HUGE drop off in potential when you trade from the 16th/17th pick down to the 47th. This is why you also don't trade 1st round picks for a player already in the league. The Roy Williams trade just crippled the Dallas Cowboys as a championship contending team and it all fell apart shortly thereafter.

If this unrealistic scenario was to take place and the 49ers offered this trade, I would say no. The only way I would do it is if they offered a high future pick in 2015. This is a efficient way to how teams (such as the 49ers, Patriots, etc.) build their rosters.

ware94 wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: