Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jimmie Johnson's Vikings Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ImissEricGreen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Jimmie Johnson's Vikings Mock Reply with quote

Dolphins traded it 1st.2nd.3rd and a sevemth-round selection to the Minnesota Vikings in order to move up and draft Auburn offensive tackle Greg Robinson, Vikings also trades fifth round selection.

1. Ra'Shede Hageman DT/DE 6'7 318 Minnesota
2. Xavier Su'a-Filo OG/OT 6'4 305 UCLA
2. Christian Jones OLB/ILB 6'3 232 Florida State
3. Dion Bailey SS 6'0 210 USC
3. Bruce Ellington WR 5'9 195 South Carolina
4. Jaylen Watkins CB 6'0 188 Florida
5. David Fales QB 6'3 220 San Jose State
6. De'Anthony Thomas RB 5'9 175 Oregon
7. Aaron Colvin CB 5'11 182 Oklahoma
7. Jeremy Gallon WR 5'8 186 Michigan
BWG VIKE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this mock but I dont think Fales fits Norv's style nor do I think he will be ther in the 5th.
I would want to wait until the 3rd to pull trigger on Jones but I am leaving toward Skov as more of a Zimmer style mike backer fit.

What do you think of Moncrief instead of Ellington?
battle2heaven

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Jimmie Johnson's Vikings Mock Reply with quote

ImissEricGreen wrote:
Dolphins traded it 1st.2nd.3rd and a sevemth-round selection to the Minnesota Vikings in order to move up and draft Auburn offensive tackle Greg Robinson, Vikings also trades fifth round selection.

1. Ra'Shede Hageman DT/DE 6'7 318 Minnesota
2. Xavier Su'a-Filo OG/OT 6'4 305 UCLA
2. Christian Jones OLB/ILB 6'3 232 Florida State
3. Dion Bailey SS 6'0 210 USC
3. Bruce Ellington WR 5'9 195 South Carolina
4. Jaylen Watkins CB 6'0 188 Florida
5. David Fales QB 6'3 220 San Jose State
6. De'Anthony Thomas RB 5'9 175 Oregon
7. Aaron Colvin CB 5'11 182 Oklahoma
7. Jeremy Gallon WR 5'8 186 Michigan

1. Hageman is an interesting player. He has all pro potential and ability, but flashed more in college, than displayed consistent play. It really depends on how the Vikings handle the D-line positions in free agency, but I could be sold to be on board with Hageman.

2. Again, depends on if the Vikes bring in a capable LG in free agency, but Su'a-Filo is a really nice looking prospect. I could be on board with this as well.

2. I LOVE Christian Jones as a OLB prospect; and more often than not, have him in my Mocks as well. I wouldn't play him in the middle though; put him on one of the outsides and just let his instincts take over. He has a great history of rushing the passer, so he hits the LOS hard. Athletic enough to run with the TEs and zone up.

3. I think that's too early for Bailey, not as big of a fan as some others. I think Harrison Smith can do what Bailey does, and do it better.

3. If we're going undersized receiver here, I'd rather go Robert Herron. If we're going WR, I'd rather go a height/speed/weight guy who can stretch the field in a Turner offense.

4. I'm a Watkins fan...moreso as a FS convert. I think he could do really well there.

I think Colvin would be nice in the 6th as well, as an investment pick. Kee him on IR for all of next year to clear a roster space and let him rehab. But I bet a lot of teams are thinking this as well.

All in all, if we're not gunna go QB in the first, this isn't bad at all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: