Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Post Combine Mock Offseason *Update 3/7*
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: 2014 Post Combine Mock Offseason *Update 3/7* Reply with quote

Now that the combine is over, its time to update the mock!

Since my first attempt, Boldin is the only Niner to re-sign so now my focus shifts toward Whitner and Dawson. I believe we will have to give Whitner a competitive contract due to him drawing interest from other teams. Dawson should be able to be brought back at a decent contract, hes finally ina place he can compete for a Super Bowl Win so I dont see him leaving for another place. He doesn't strike me as a guy who wants to move all over the country. I believe this will be his retirement contract. I'm bringing McCoy back because there isn't any better options in FA and I don't like to have a rookie QB as a back up on a super bowl contending team. Osgood and Wilhoite both are coming back to bolster the special teams and insurance for Bowman's injury. Since I'm trading LaMike James, I'm bringing Dixon back. Dixon is just too valuable on special teams and hes a great locker room guy. He's also providing insurance for Lattimore. Lattimore is going to be getting some PT this year and if his knees can't handle it, Dixon is there to take over.

Re-sign
1. WR Anquan Boldin: 2 yr deal
2. SS Donte Whitner: 3 yr deal
3. K Phil Dawson: 2 yr deal
4. QB Colt McCoy: 1 yr deal
5. WR Kassim Osgood: 1 yr deal
6. ILB Michael Wilhoite: 1 yr deal
7. RB Anthony Dixon: 1 yr deal

Release
1. C Jon Goodwin
2. WR Mario Manningham
3. CB Tarell Brown
4. DE Demarcus Dobbs
5. CB Carlos Rogers
6. S Ray Ventrone
7. CB Eric Wright

I didn't want to release Gore so we're restructuring his deal. Extending him a few years more and reducing his cap number this year.

Restructure
1. RB Frank Gore: 3 yr deal

Draft

Trades- '14 3rd Rd SF, '14 7th SF to CLE for '15 3rd, '15 5th

Rd 1 pk 30: CB Kyle Fuller Virginia Tech- Great fit for the D that falls into our lap here. Tough-nosed smart player who plays better in off man. Loves to tackle and mix it up in stopping the running game. Will compete for a starting spot from day 1.

Trade: '14 2nd Rd SF, '14 2nd KC, '14 5th Rd SF to Oak for '14 2nd Rd
Rd 2 pk 4 Via OAK: WR Brandon Cooks Oregon State- Big pick up for the Niners. Steve Smith type WR and will provide great depth at the receiver position. Small stature but plays big and tough. Super fast and will be a play maker for years to come.

Rd 3 pk 13 Via Tenn: OLB Kareem Martin North Carolina- A Baalke delight. 35 inch arms and big strong body provide the Niners with a quality back up OLB when Aldon eventually gets suspended. Relies more on power moves and will be able to learn from one of the best pure power rushers: Justin Smith.

Trade: '14 4th SF, '14 6th SF to DET for '14 4th
Rd 4 pk 11 Via DET: OG Dakota Dozier Furman- Moved up to take a quality guard that could replace Iupati next year or provide solid depth along with Looney in the interior part of the line. Large powerful guard that has the ability to push people around and create holes in the run game.

Rd 4 pk COMP: CB Phillip Gaines Rice- Intriguing corner with fantastic athletic ability. Doubling up on corners in the draft to stock the secondary with good young talent. Great size and lots of room to grow and learn from Donatell.

Trade: LaMichael James to Jets for '14 6th
Rd 6 pk 19 Via NY: QB Jeff Mathews Cornell- Jim gets his project QB to coach up and turn into solid depth or trade bait. Mathews was getting a lot of attention from the Niners at the East West Game.

Trade: '14 7th NO, '14 7th CAR to ATL for '14 7th
Rd 7 pk 5 Via ATL: WR Jeff Janis Saginaw Valley State- Another long armed player for Baalke. Intriguing prospect at receiver to compete for a spot on the 53 or P.S. Big athletic WR with good speed.

Depth Chart

QB: Kaepernick, McCoy
RB: Gore, Hunter, Lattimore, Dixon
FB: Miller
WR: Crabtree, Boldin, Patton, Cooks, Osgood
TE: Davis, McDonald, Celek
LT: Staley, Luke Marquardt
LG: Iupati, Snyder, Dozier
C: Kilgore, Looney
RG: Boone, Snyder
RT: Davis, Luke Marquardt

LE: Smith, Carridene
NT: Williams, Dorsey, Dial
RE: McDonald, TJE
LOLB: Smith, Lemonier, Martin
ILB: Willis, Bowman, Wilhoite, Moody
ROLB: Brooks, Skuta, Martin
CB: Culliver, Brock, Fuller, Cox, Gaines, Morris
FS: Reid, Spillman
SS: Whitner, Dahl

K: Dawson
P: Lee
LS: McDurmott

KR: Hunter
PR: Cox

Last edited by NinerNation21 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that happened, I'd be ecstatic.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be happy with that draft. Don't know everybody but sounds good

I think it would take more for us to get all the way up to jax though. Same for pack trade too probably

new sig... sorry alex
struby3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it...

1. Dennard - A+
2. Robinson - A
2. Smith - A
3. Bucannon - A
3. Bitonio - A
4. Urban - B
5. Colvin - A
6. White - B

I would like a developmental QB taken in the fourth instead of Urban, but I would still give this draft a solid A.
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smiled when reading this draft...particularly when I got to Colvin! Cool
oldman9er

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall, I am a fan. the short of it = Dennard + Marcus Smith + Bitonio =

I don't love either trade up, but I do like me some Dennard. True, A+ pick.

Don't like Robinson enough to make that trade up for... not with the plethora of WR quality in this class. I would trust that he's been thoroughly researched, and would smile.. but I don't love it.

Marcus Smith is another A+ pick.

Buchannon is not one of my preferred safeties at this point...

Love the Bitonio pick, if he really falls this far. He would make Iupati a sure goner by 2015.

There are bound to be other DE candidates I'd prefer over Urban in rd 4.. kind of a meh pick.

I like the Colvin pick..

Not really wanting to see a RB picked, but it's the 7th, so...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could also use a returner in that draft.

Forge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I didnt particularly care for are the resignings. Gore for 3 years is too much. We hold most of the leverage there I believe. No dead money? He takes a flat paycut or he's gone. Boldin for 3 seems excessive, and whitner to a 3 year incentive laden deal just doesn't seem like it would be realistic when he's coming off a career season.

As for the draft, love Dennard. Robinson is a guy I'm highly torn on...I think theres a possibility that he could end up being the most productive wide receiver in this draft...and theres a chance he busts because he's not fast or big enough (I want to see him at 220-225). Love Bitonio. Brought him up before. He's not a tackle in the nfl though. Definitely a guard.

Don't love Buccanon, especially with whitner locked in at 3 years and the selection of colvin later. I think colvin is a safety at the next level. Heck he should have been a safety in college full time. If we are resigning whitner iI'd rather use the Buccanon pick on a qb or best center available. Smith would be great value. White is good, but not a fan of Wisconsin rbs. I'd actually prefer wilder there

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Johnz5429

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only problem is Kilgore has not shown himself to be a great center average to average minus at best. IMO
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnz5429 wrote:
Only problem is Kilgore has not shown himself to be a great center average to average minus at best. IMO

How do you know that? He has only played C in preseason, hardly a way to evaluate his performance. Anyway, maybe average is all we need, with the rest of our OL. A great center comes with a great price tag.

Johnz5429

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Johnz5429 wrote:

How do you know that? He has only played C in preseason, hardly a way to evaluate his performance. Anyway, maybe average is all we need, with the rest of our OL. A great center comes with a great price tag.

SO YOU ARE SUGGESTING WE STRIVE FOR MEDICORCE
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnz5429 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Johnz5429 wrote:

No, I'm suggesting we strive to re-sign our core players first.

And you're insinuating Kilgore is mediocre. I'm suggesting he hasn't really proven to be mediocre. For all we know, maybe a full offseason of first team snaps at C and increased confidence will have him be an improvement on Goodwin, even. So, what I'm suggesting is, let's see. If after the OTAs, the staff isn't confident, maybe we end up drafting a C early. Or maybe he impresses enough so that we don't need to.

Only one thing seems evident, it's that with our cap room, we can't really afford a free agent quick fix.

Johnz5429

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Johnz5429 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Johnz5429 wrote:

And you're insinuating Kilgore is mediocre. I'm suggesting he hasn't really proven to be mediocre. For all we know, maybe a full offseason of first team snaps at C and increased confidence will have him be an improvement on Goodwin, even. So, what I'm suggesting is, let's see. If after the OTAs, the staff isn't confident, maybe we end up drafting a C early. Or maybe he impresses enough so that we don't need to.

Only one thing seems evident, it's that with our cap room, we can't really afford a free agent quick fix.

I am not suggesting I am saying Kilgore is mediocre at best
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, again you have no idea if Kilgore is mediocre or not. Remember how bad Kaepernick was in preseason in 2012? Then do you remember what he did once he took over after the Chicago game? Yeah...........................

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnz5429 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Johnz5429 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Johnz5429 wrote:

I am not suggesting I am saying Kilgore is mediocre at best

Are you 12?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: